A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

Post by Slimeman01 »

So I redownloaded this recently, and I can't play it. It says to open the SMBX exe file with "LunaLoader", but my download didn't come with LunaLoader. How could I fix this?
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
alexis

Post by alexis »

i download the update and a message appears to me in some levels saying error of level music
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

this is a known issue. some areas have silence, and the way this was made was by putting in a wrong adress for a music file. this used to work fine, but future smbx development make an error message instead - you should be able to just press ok and continue like normally.

I thought there was a public fix for this? Or is it just qubictom's ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
alexis

Post by alexis »

it is fixed.I guess
and this https://ibb.co/iqZi56 in the desert world this appears to me.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

alexis wrote: 6 years ago it is fixed.I guess
and this https://ibb.co/iqZi56 in the desert world this appears to me.
Yes. Some songs were deleted due to copyright.
Also, heavy-weighted MP3 files were converted into OGG files.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

alexis wrote: 6 years ago this is normal?

https://ibb.co/dmgedR
https://ibb.co/cq7KdR
Yes, Version 1.3 is really buggy due to LunaLua.
You can fix this problem by using the PGE Maintainer Tool or Level Editor in A2XT.
Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly

Post by Wohlstand »

Jongseok wrote: 6 years ago
alexis wrote: 6 years ago this is normal?

https://ibb.co/dmgedR
https://ibb.co/cq7KdR
Yes, Version 1.3 is really buggy due to LunaLua.
You can fix this problem by using the PGE Maintainer Tool or Level Editor in A2XT.
One note:
- PGE Maintainer must be latest from latest build which will fix that, don't use from old builds as it will don't fix that.
- Level Editor is harder way, why? every level manually. PGE Maintainer will process all level files in one run.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Wohlstand wrote: 6 years ago One note:
- PGE Maintainer must be latest from latest build which will fix that, don't use from old builds as it will don't fix that.
- Level Editor is harder way, why? every level manually. PGE Maintainer will process all level files in one run.
When I was playing it, there was no way to fix this graphic and music problem. I just put a leek on the first screen and saved a level. The game works fine. So, I did re-save all the levels in Episode1. And I didnt know PGE or whatever. I was just mad at Talkhaus. Shouted like this: Just gimme old LunaDLL ver of a2xt!!
Quarium
Monster Girl Fiend!

Post by Quarium »

I've tried playing this but I think the overworld map doesn't work?
Here's a screenshot of my issue, any help? (I can press directions but it just makes a noise like hitting something)

Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Quarium wrote: 6 years ago I've tried playing this but I think the overworld map doesn't work?
Here's a screenshot of my issue, any help? (I can press directions but it just makes a noise like hitting something)

Did you paste "Episode1" folder in "worlds" in A2MBXT?
Your A2XT Main Game folder/worlds/Episode1 like this.
If you compose like this, it will not be working..
Your A2XT Main Game folder/worlds/Episode1/Episode1
Quarium
Monster Girl Fiend!

Post by Quarium »

Jongseok wrote: 6 years ago Did you paste "Episode1" folder in "worlds" in A2MBXT?
Your A2XT Main Game folder/worlds/Episode1 like this.
If you compose like this, it will not be working..
Your A2XT Main Game folder/worlds/Episode1/Episode1
Oh yeah, this was absolutely the issue! many thanks mang c:
Duothimir
oh okay
First name: Aaron

Post by Duothimir »

So, it's been driving me up the wall since I can't find it anywhere, and I can't even find it in the game files. Was Science's first battle theme (2 Numbers, 3 Letters, and a Hyphen) one of the songs that had to be removed due to copyright or whatsit? For that matter, I can't seem to find the remix of the Lullaby that plays in his final boss battle either...
but why
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

For those who were saying that they don't want the older version to be lost forever/want to listen to the old tracks: I could probably upload my old copy of analog funk for you. (Kinda depressing that one of my favorite games has been butchered tbh.)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I for one would greatly appreciate it. I've been looking for the old songs and sound effects for a long time.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Steve wrote: 6 years ago I for one would greatly appreciate it. I've been looking for the old songs and sound effects for a long time.
Okay, here ya go.

Presenting... Analog Funk: Extremely Illegal Edition! By which I mean it's v1.2. (I think.) It also comes with Superb Demo Sisters packed in, just for fun.
Duothimir wrote: So, it's been driving me up the wall since I can't find it anywhere, and I can't even find it in the game files. Was Science's first battle theme (2 Numbers, 3 Letters, and a Hyphen) one of the songs that had to be removed due to copyright or whatsit? For that matter, I can't seem to find the remix of the Lullaby that plays in his final boss battle either...
Replying to this to let you know that both of those songs are in the version I uploaded.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thank you so much
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That version should have a disclaimer saying "Warning: do not borrow or distribute any assets from this version, download v1.3x for the safe version" or something to that effect.
Leet wrote: 6 years ago It also comes with Superb Demo Sisters packed in, just for fun.
Shouldn't SDS have a safe version for the same reason?
Leet

Post by Leet »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago That version should have a disclaimer saying "Warning: do not borrow or distribute any assets from this version, download v1.3x for the safe version" or something to that effect.
I disagree that the distinction really matters given that the game already unofficially uses assets from several sources in the first place. I get why you would update the game to accommodate users' requests to remove things (sort of), but I don't think applying a "we don't have permission to use this stuff" disclaimer to a particular version makes sense because that's inherently true of the game in general.

And phrasing it as "safe" and "unsafe" sounds a bit dramatic.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

From my understanding, we are not supposed to reuse certain Episode 1 resources for future projects, but these two already released projects are permitted to be left intact; the 1.3 update removed the said resources from Episode 1 just to be safe so that they don't improperly end up elsewhere. This is the reason for being a bit specific with the language and pointing to an alternative.
Duothimir
oh okay

Post by Duothimir »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago
Steve wrote: 6 years ago I for one would greatly appreciate it. I've been looking for the old songs and sound effects for a long time.
Okay, here ya go.

Presenting... Analog Funk: Extremely Illegal Edition! By which I mean it's v1.2. (I think.) It also comes with Superb Demo Sisters packed in, just for fun.
Duothimir wrote: So, it's been driving me up the wall since I can't find it anywhere, and I can't even find it in the game files. Was Science's first battle theme (2 Numbers, 3 Letters, and a Hyphen) one of the songs that had to be removed due to copyright or whatsit? For that matter, I can't seem to find the remix of the Lullaby that plays in his final boss battle either...
Replying to this to let you know that both of those songs are in the version I uploaded.
Thanks a lot, friend!

EDIT: These songs were removed partly because the authors requested it, right? It wouldn't be kosher to share them with others via YouTube or the like?
but why
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Having those tracks in A2XT and uploading videos of A2XT is permitted, but you should not use those tracks in other works.

If you want to share them with others you should just have them download A2XT itself.
Leet

Post by Leet »

I might upload them to YouTube anyway if everybody else is scared to. It might seem uncharacteristic of me, but I really don't care about stuff like this (If you've ever listened to an OST on YouTube you shouldn't either) and find art preservation vastly more important.
Duothimir
oh okay

Post by Duothimir »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago I might upload them to YouTube anyway if everybody else is scared to. It might seem uncharacteristic of me, but I really don't care about stuff like this (If you've ever listened to an OST on YouTube you shouldn't either) and find art preservation vastly more important.
I mean hey, if you wanna. I'll deny everything if anyone asks.
but why