(shouting)

A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Post by docopoper »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Some of the secret leeks are blisteringly difficult (looking at docopoper here).
<_< Yes, well. :P In fairness; it's very difficult but not savestate worthy difficulty (which is obviously impossible too). I mean it's nothing compared to A2MT's B side or probably even the end of ASMT.

Fine. Pholtos died 115 times on it. Fiiine. :P Just play the game whichever way you find the most fun. You can worry about the postgame when you get to it. :lol:
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

I've finally downloaded it after 5-6 hours! I have a first question - are the "Rao" and "Sth." due to hex edit character limits, right? Is that what "XThing" is from too? Not that I blame you guys if it indeed is. It's pretty impressive that you did that in the first place expanding on ASMBXT1.
EDIT: is sheath being collected the joke?
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

HYPE

I'm also sick of playing this and hope people enjoy it!
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

About how long do you think it would take to play the whole thing?
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

I've completed Another Castle and MAN you guys have stepped it up compared to almost anything else on the flair front!
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

ano0maly wrote:About how long do you think it would take to play the whole thing?
Excluding cutscenes, there's about 115 levels. I say about since I lost count. Obviously at the start you can blitz through them pretty quickly but towards the end I'd expect quite a few single-level videos from raocow.

For a more precise reference, it took pholtos 29 videos to beat the game, with each one lasting 20-40 minutes, and that's with raocow-style editing.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

My god ahh I won't spoil anything but I'm through most of World 2 and I can't wait to see how raocow reacts to all of these levels. My hype knows no bounds at this point.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

I just got to World Three and holy jeez. Hype levels off the charts. I can't wait for rao's LP to get rolling.
raocow wrote: 4 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

docopoper wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:Some of the secret leeks are blisteringly difficult (looking at docopoper here).
<_< Yes, well. :P In fairness; it's very difficult but not savestate worthy difficulty (which is obviously impossible too). I mean it's nothing compared to A2MT's B side or probably even the end of ASMT.

Fine. Pholtos died 115 times on it. Fiiine. :P Just play the game whichever way you find the most fun. You can worry about the postgame when you get to it. :lol:
Fun Fact: I died more times playing that level than I had for the entirety of the game before that level! :D

By like 3 deaths, but still.

...I still really enjoyed the level. :) Hype or whatever.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

SUPER ULTRA MEGA HYPE

And yeah, I do wonder how cowrao will do on that secret exit. That level took me 495 deaths during testing (although around 150 or so were due to me missing a thing and restarting the level like an idiot instead of going back and finding said thing), though admittedly I'm not the most skilled person here. I did oddly enjoy that part though.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

You guys have a huge amount of patience! And 8flight has ludicrous amounts of skill, but that's not news. During my testing - in which I leaned heavily on godmode towards the end because I thought I was on a much tighter deadline than I turned out to be - I just looked at the level, thought "I'll never be able to do this with my skill level" and gave up immediately. Maybe I could do it with ~500 tries though.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I remember that docopoper made the secret exit a little easier for that level. The normal one is not that hard.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Yeah, I meant the secret exit. If you just do the normal one, it's not too hard at all.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

8flight wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:Yeah, I meant the secret exit. If you just do the normal one, it's not too hard at all.
I dont remember what version i exactly played. The version I played had the vine problem of you not being able to attach to the vine if u were big.
There were no vines in the version I remember.

Or at least, none that I recall.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Hey there,
I tried downloading the game. The Installer was downloaded successfully, however my it didn't run this program, I guess it has to do with my Firewall or something, I don't really know. Would it be possible to release a zip-version?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

The game crashes for me every time I try to enter "A World One Level" with runtime error 13 "types incompatible" (or whatever it is in English), so I won't be able to play this unless there's some way to fix it.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

I had started playing before the official release and made it all the way to world 2. I'll be restarting now that the release is official. Can't wait to see raocow's playthrough of it!
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

"Plant Zone" in world 2 only has four raocoins.

0.125/10 will never play this game again

edit: nevermind, found it
this is getting laundromatic
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Levels I can not wait to see raocow play:

- Pimp Yo Ride
- Ohh No A Ghost
- The Plains of Uylsses Mad
- A Short Stroll
- Item Babysitting
- All of Docopoper's levels
- Pavlov Gold
- A Final Thing (Name Pending)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

oh yeah about the ghost, the room before the checkpoint gave a cheap death. The "crushed?" collision seems to consider half of demo as dead, where if you were half under in SMW, it gave you the benefit of the doubt

docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

SAJewers wrote:- All of Docopoper's levels
Haha! Yaay!

I actually can't think of any particular levels I want to see him play. I keep thinking of levels and then more levels pop into my head. They're all pretty dang good.

The cutscenes in this game are pure gold though. I am looking forward to seeing his reaction to all of them.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

lukaramu wrote:The game crashes for me every time I try to enter "A World One Level" with runtime error 13 "types incompatible" (or whatever it is in English), so I won't be able to play this unless there's some way to fix it.
Come on lukaramu step it up that glitch has been around since SMBX begun!
the ASMBXT readme wrote:If you live an region where the decimal symbol is a comma, go into "Region and Language Settings" and change the decimal symbol to a dot
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
lukaramu wrote:The game crashes for me every time I try to enter "A World One Level" with runtime error 13 "types incompatible" (or whatever it is in English), so I won't be able to play this unless there's some way to fix it.
Come on lukaramu step it up that glitch has been around since SMBX begun!
the ASMBXT readme wrote:If you live an region where the decimal symbol is a comma, go into "Region and Language Settings" and change the decimal symbol to a dot
Oh haha totally forgot about that! Thanks!
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Aww man. The periodically refreshing YouTube hype. :P

Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Again in case it was lost in between all These Messages could you maybe upload a zip download of both the Base Rom and the first Episode? The installing doesn't work for me unfortunately which is a shame as I really want to Play this game :(
Maybe a zip download?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!