(shouting)

A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Post by Willhart »

Euparkeria wrote:Just what am I supposed to do with the Episode1 file? It asks me to install A2XT, but what appears is this:
Episode1: error
Non 7z archive.
I tried to extract it to different places but with no success. I feel like I'm doing this totally wrong, and would appreciate any help. Apologies for my idiocy.
It's an exe file. It should run itself when double clicked. If not, then the installer might be corrupted. Try redownloading it and see if that helps.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

There should probably be a patch to lower the volume of the shell hit and block hit sound effects. The YouTube comments seem to focus on those sounds quite a lot as being too loud; which is probably a good sign that they are too loud.

It also might be a good idea to put a requirement of 1 leek on the pipe to exit the tutorial in case people don't realise it's collectible (since if you do miss it you have to watch the cutscene again).
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

docopoper wrote:There should probably be a patch to lower the volume of the shell hit and block hit sound effects. The YouTube comments seem to focus on those sounds quite a lot as being too loud; which is probably a good sign that they are too loud.
I said something along this line in an early test video, and agree.
docopoper wrote:It also might be a good idea to put a requirement of 1 leek on the pipe to exit the tutorial in case people don't realise it's collectible (since if you do miss it you have to watch the cutscene again).
That's already in place.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I'm having the same audio issue as Ralucard.

I use CCCP, not K-Lite.

HALP PLOX
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

Well, first thing's first - I'd recommend trying to disable your codec for A2XT. I've been looking at the CCCP troubleshooting guide for a while now and haven't seen a way to do it mentioned. Though I don't have it installed so it might just be that it doesn't mention it (since disabling the codec usually isn't what they want as troubleshooting advice I'd imagine). See if you can find a way to disable it - hopefully it will help.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01iZT ... sp=sharing

-All SFX drastically lowered in volume across the board
-All impact sounds, as well as powerup and powerdown sounds, lowered even further
-Sawblade sound dropped into the floor volume-wise
-Exit sounds raised to be on par with the music
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Okay I finally managed to download the game and install it. It all worked pretty well. But unfortunately there once again has been the same error/ bug as during beta Phase (which I really hoped would not occur once the game would be officialy released: I cannot pass the last Level of world 1 as the super leek does not spawn after the Boss (which I assume will be a General Problem for all leeks in later worlds). What shall I do?
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Slit08 wrote:Okay I finally managed to download the game and install it. It all worked pretty well. But unfortunately there once again has been the same error/ bug as during beta Phase (which I really hoped would not occur once the game would be officialy released: I cannot pass the last Level of world 1 as the super leek does not spawn after the Boss (which I assume will be a General Problem for all leeks in later worlds). What shall I do?
That's really odd. I just tested it from a new file and the super leek spawned correctly for me.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

I've made it up to the tower where Science is and you have to go through the four doors, over Larry I think? It's really frustrating

Anyways, I just really hate the snowboarding level. It's the worst part of platformers like Sly Cooper and Crash. Memorization, some instant deaths, only having two actual HP before Rao shrinks and falls off the board, no checkpoint, it just seems like a whole bad idea in general I'm afraid. It really needs a checkpoint and if that's not possible it needs to go to the square one. A problem with a lot of talkhaus levels is that they use glitchy and unpredictable gimmicks in the name of being new and original. SMBX events on RPGMaker.net say in their rules "no levels that make SMBX reach a glitchy or volatile state" and that describes a few too many levels. I will say that the towns (even if a bit big relative to the player's exploring speed) and the Sheath Courage level, Lemmings level, and the cloudy Rayman like level were impressive. Even the worst levels obviously took time to make a bad level and idea.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

I pushed the P down the hole then jumped on it.

funny, but you get stuck forever.
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

TiKi wrote:
I've made it up to the tower where Science is and you have to go through the four doors, over Larry I think? It's really frustrating
Note that your progress is saved after clearing each of those four sublevels - even if you die afterwards. You don't have to clear them all in one run.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

TiKi wrote:

Anyways, I just really hate the snowboarding level. It's the worst part of platformers like Sly Cooper and Crash. Memorization, some instant deaths, only having two actual HP before Rao shrinks and falls off the board, no checkpoint, it just seems like a whole bad idea in general I'm afraid. It really needs a checkpoint and if that's not possible it needs to go to the square one. A problem with a lot of talkhaus levels is that they use glitchy and unpredictable gimmicks in the name of being new and original. SMBX events on RPGMaker.net say in their rules "no levels that make SMBX reach a glitchy or volatile state" and that describes a few too many levels. I will say that the towns (even if a bit big relative to the player's exploring speed) and the Sheath Courage level, Lemmings level, and the cloudy Rayman like level were impressive. Even the worst levels obviously took time to make a bad level and idea.

I Honestly don't think it's that much different than the Rainbow Road level in Talking Time Bros 2

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

TiKi wrote:

Well. I'd have to disagree with you on a fair amount of stuff there. I really liked

Snowboardin'

and found very few places where the game is glitchy. Ahh well, Your opinion is your opinion. I'm amazed at how quickly you made it through the game though. You clearly couldn't have been having as bad of a time as you make it sound. Also if you require memorisation for

Snowboardin'

then you're probably just not very good at that sort of gameplay because I found it pretty reasonable at telegraphing what was about to happen.

I hope people don't get too riled up over your comment what with the whole thing of negative comments having a much bigger effect on perception than positive comments. You didn't phrase your comment constructively either. :P I'm assuming it was not your intention - but your wording could pretty easily hurt people's feelings without really teaching them anything.

Also about 75% of your comment is negative and it's all at the start. This is far too much concentrated negativity to really deliver a point well. You definitely need to dilute it a lot with positive things. Start off with a positive and end with a positive is a very good rule to follow in order to not have your comment be seen as an attack. Having your comment seen as an attack will spawn arguments and stop people accepting your point.

BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

is anyone else getting runtime error '6' overflow?
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Slit08 wrote:Okay I finally managed to download the game and install it. It all worked pretty well. But unfortunately there once again has been the same error/ bug as during beta Phase (which I really hoped would not occur once the game would be officialy released: I cannot pass the last Level of world 1 as the super leek does not spawn after the Boss (which I assume will be a General Problem for all leeks in later worlds). What shall I do?
I know this one. The width for the leek is uneven amount of pixels. width=213 should be 212 in the npc-178.txt everywhere it is placed in, or it will not show for everyone. You can change this on the level folder yourself to fix the issue, if you don't want to wait for a patch.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Willhart wrote:
I know this one. The width for the leek is uneven amount of pixels. width=213 should be 212 in the npc-178.txt everywhere it is placed in, or it will not show for everyone. You can change this on the level folder yourself to fix the issue, if you don't want to wait for a patch.
That's pretty serious. How come that never got fixed? It's going to affect every end of world castle in the game for some people.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I mentioned about it earlier too, but then kinda forgot about it, since I thought it was being taken care of. I remember that bossedit has had problems regarding this, but it does not seem to happen for everyone.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:is anyone else getting runtime error '6' overflow?
Where does this happen?
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

Just a bit of an odd exploit I noticed. If you try to enter a level that forces a character swap via LunaDLL at the start as someone else, the character you're switching to gets the powerups the other had. Not sure if this is known or intended, or if this is even the right place for it, but I figured I'd point it out.
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

tigermoon wrote:Just a bit of an odd exploit I noticed. If you try to enter a level that forces a character swap via LunaDLL at the start as someone else, the character you're switching to gets the powerups the other had. Not sure if this is known or intended, or if this is even the right place for it, but I figured I'd point it out.
One of the later levels relies on that.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

I'll chalk it up as intentional, then. Good to know I don't have to feel obligated to go back and redo any levels relying on LunaDLL-related switching.

I'm absolutely loving this game, by the way. Big thanks to everyone who did something for it.
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

This will fix every Super Leek to have even dimensions except World 8's because I forgot which folder it was in or even if it had one.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Doctor Shemp wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01iZT ... sp=sharing
This will fix every Super Leek to have even dimensions except World 8's because I forgot which folder it was in or even if it had one.
Looks like World 8's Super Leek is in the

Talkhaus-Science_Final_Battle

folder, as npc-188.

The Super Leek also appears in the SOW3 cutscene - I'm guessing the same fix should be applied there (if not already done)?
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

There is one super leek in the EOW1 too.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

More Super Leek fixes

SOW3's Super Leek already had even dimensions.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Willhart wrote:
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:is anyone else getting runtime error '6' overflow?
Where does this happen?
it happens pretty early on (the farthest i got was to the OW right after the intro cutscene)

and after the first time it just happens sooner and sooner, until it happens as soon as the game starts