(shouting)

A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.2

Post by Willhart »

A2XT is now featured on http://www.supermariobrosx.org. Nice.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Willhart wrote:A2XT is now featured on http://www.supermariobrosx.org. Nice.
I think they should put a disclaimer about Lunadll not working on some computers, and therefore making the game unplayable for them.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

It doesn't really need a disclaimer. It's free and if you download it and it doesn't work then that just kind of sucks but being told beforehand doesn't really help anything.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

docopoper wrote:It doesn't really need a disclaimer. It's free and if you download it and it doesn't work then that just kind of sucks but being told beforehand doesn't really help anything.
It would prevent people from a) wasting time trying to fix it and b) complaining that the game is broken and spamming up message forums and things.

It would be extra helpful if there were some specification for which computers it won't work on, though.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Was the level author for Subterranean Base left out of the credits? He's posted to that effect on Youtube.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Voltgloss wrote:Was the level author for Subterranean Base left out of the credits? He's posted to that effect on Youtube.
Apparently GenoWhirled is missing from the level designers section.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Oh deary I was capitalized in part of the credits. Ah well.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I thought the only reason lunadll doesnt work on some computers is that they dont have administrator privileges
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
oshaoshawott
knuckle's no.. no more
Pronouns: boy

Post by oshaoshawott »

I didn't really know where to post this, so I guess it's going here.
I always thought that it was weird that Sheath had no pink in her sprite, but I assume it's because of color limitations. I messed around with her sprite and got this. I think it still looks fine for the most part. Also, it was kinda hard to tell what's what in her running sprites, so I hope I colored those right.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it could replace the usual Sheath sprite, or at least anyone who wants to use it can use the picture to replace the default themselves.
Last edited by oshaoshawott 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Leet wrote:I thought the only reason lunadll doesnt work on some computers is that they dont have administrator privileges
LunaDLL can't "not work". At all. It can not install properly, and an overzealous AV can delete the exe, but those are entirely separate matters.

Perhaps it should come with the following disclaimer for the SMBX community: "LunaDLL requires administrator privileges to install, and may require you to set an exception for your AV program. Ask your parents' permission before making changes to your PC."
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oshaoshawott wrote:I didn't really know where to post this, so I guess it's going here.
I always thought that it was weird that Sheath had no pink in her sprite, but I assume it's because of color limitations. I messed around with her sprite and got this. I think it still looks fine for the most part. Also, it was kinda hard to tell what's what in her running sprites, so I hope I colored those right.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it could replace the usual Sheath sprite, or at least anyone who wants to use it can use the picture to replace the default themselves.
this is a lot more comic-accurate at least!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kil

Post by Kil »

Leet wrote:I thought the only reason lunadll doesnt work on some computers is that they dont have administrator privileges
Literally the only reason is that the norton virus is so widespread and it likes to delete random files you download
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Kil wrote:
Literally the only reason is that the norton virus is so widespread and it likes to delete random files you download
I can add that as of a couple of days ago TrendMicro will also delete the exe if you try and run it, even if it's marked as exempt, but will leave it alone if you mark the whole root folder as exempt.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I still haven't found an antivirus that doesn't annoy me by either deleting harmless files I actually want, giving me a million popups telling me to buy their premium version, or slowing my computer to a crawl with random scans every 5 minutes.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Lunatic Quark wrote:I still haven't found an antivirus that doesn't annoy me by either deleting harmless files I actually want, giving me a million popups telling me to buy their premium version, or slowing my computer to a crawl with random scans every 5 minutes.
I use Windows Defender. Comes with Windows 8, has kept my PC pretty much completely clean, and has never deleted something I don't want, doesn't have a premium version, and the scans it runs are in the background, taking up a lot less of the CPU so that they don't interfere with anything.
Lunikyuu

Post by Lunikyuu »

Hoeloe wrote: I use Windows Defender. Comes with Windows 8, has kept my PC pretty much completely clean, and has never deleted something I don't want, doesn't have a premium version, and the scans it runs are in the background, taking up a lot less of the CPU so that they don't interfere with anything.
Is that only for Windows 8 or can it be used for Windows 7 as well?
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Lunatic Quark wrote:
Hoeloe wrote: I use Windows Defender. Comes with Windows 8, has kept my PC pretty much completely clean, and has never deleted something I don't want, doesn't have a premium version, and the scans it runs are in the background, taking up a lot less of the CPU so that they don't interfere with anything.
Is that only for Windows 8 or can it be used for Windows 7 as well?
You can get Microsoft Security Essentials for 7, which is the same thing.
Lunikyuu

Post by Lunikyuu »

Hoeloe wrote:
You can get Microsoft Security Essentials for 7, which is the same thing.
Cool, sounds like something worth trying out.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

I use Microsoft Security Essentials too and haven't had any trouble with it at all. I would also recommend getting Malware Bytes since it does really good scans when you ask it to though I wouldn't bother with its active protection since you have to pay for that.

Also if you're technically proficient then I'd recommend getting Process Hacker as a much better version of Task Manager. I say be technically proficient though only because it doesn't have an "applications" tab and you have to terminate things as processes. But it has really nice colour coding for that and it lets you get loads of really useful data on all your processes.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Lunatic Quark wrote:I still haven't found an antivirus that doesn't annoy me by either deleting harmless files I actually want, giving me a million popups telling me to buy their premium version, or slowing my computer to a crawl with random scans every 5 minutes.
I use Avast, and Process Explorer replaces my Task Manager
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Hey SAJewers. Could you possibly put GenoWhirled into the level credits. (S)he wasn't put in for The Subterranean Base and commented about on YouTube but doesn't want to cause commotion and is possibly shy about asking you.

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

docopoper wrote:Hey SAJewers. Could you possibly put GenoWhirled into the level credits. (S)he wasn't put in for The Subterranean Base and commented about on YouTube but doesn't want to cause commotion and is possibly shy about asking you.
I second this.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Yeah, I'll get to that eventually. Someone else needs to fix the remaining bugs though.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Virus610

Post by Virus610 »

Started playing this finally, and I've gotta say, you guys have really outdone yourselves. I'm having a ton of fun with this episode, and looking forward to picking up where I left off tomorrow.

That said, I figured I'd just mention a couple of minor bugs I happened across with some level exits:

1. Sheath Partakes in an Interlude, if you hit the big leek with your sword(?) while in that small hole to the right of it, you get trapped and have to exit to the main menu.
See here: http://www.twitch.tv/m/646459

2. Just Another Screen: If you're a dumb, like me, and you put the springboard down where you drop down to get the main exit, you get super softlocked. Can't even ESC to main menu, had to alt+f4.
See here: http://www.twitch.tv/m/646462

The second one is especially unlikely for many to happen across, but I figured I'd mention them just in case there's some collection of minor bugs that, when it reaches a certain critical mass, may result in a patch or something.

Thanks for all the work you guys put into this episode, it's really well done!
gigmadesh00

Post by gigmadesh00 »

can somebody post the a2xt base with the a2xt application launcher I tried the base and there was none