A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:More Super Leek fixes
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01iZT ... sp=sharing

SOW3's Super Leek already had even dimensions.
Thanks for that. Uploading that into an official patch.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

I'm in world 4, and I'm having trouble finding
the secret exit in Just Another Screen.
Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start looking? It was fun at first, but it gets tedious having to do this one over.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Zinfandel wrote:I'm in world 4, and I'm having trouble finding
Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start looking? It was fun at first, but it gets tedious having to do this one over.
Castle of no significance has a hint room.
Looking for the real level 18? Check for some symmetry in level 0.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

There's a hint available elsewhere in the game. I suggest you pass it by for now and come back once you've seen that hint.

Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

Willhart wrote:
Castle of no significance has a hint room.
Looking for the real level 18? Check for some symmetry in level 0.
That did it, thank you.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

I'm not exactly sure what would be causing it, but

Magma's Cove

keeps slowing to an absolute crawl around the time I get to this segment:
If anyone has a solution for me, I'd be glad to hear it.

There's another issue I have earlier in the game, but I'm more concerned with something that basically renders part of the game unplayable for me, rather than just some slight difficulty getting a leek.
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Usually if there is a problem with lag in this game the easiest way to solve it is to disable sound. For some reason the sound in this game causes a lot of lag for some people. Obviously the game isn't as fun without sound - but it will probably help and you can turn it back on afterwards.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

That didn't solve the problem, unfortunately. I did (barely) manage to get beyond that point via blind spinjumps to get myself positioned just right to kill the spiky guys via spinning and bring things back to normal.
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

tigermoon wrote:That didn't solve the problem, unfortunately. I did (barely) manage to get beyond that point via blind spinjumps to get myself positioned just right to kill the spiky guys via spinning and bring things back to normal.
This is the second time I'm hearing this. Someone else got lag on that part too. It's those spinies going around the block formation in a specific way. Not sure if it's the slopes or all of them facing in different directions at the same time. They can be removed in the level editor if they cause problems. Good thing you managed to get trough it regardless.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Disable frame skip removes most lag for me.
Matteo215

Post by Matteo215 »

So i downloaded this game. The title screen and character select screen run fine. after I select my character, I can tell that I'm on the map, but the screen is black (minus the hud). Music still plays, and I can move, but when I hit buttons, nothing happens. HELP?
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

There are two installers. One for the engine and one for the episode. Did you install them both?
You should see something titled "analog funk" on the episode select screen.
Matteo215

Post by Matteo215 »

Willhart wrote:There are two installers. One for the engine and one for the episode. Did you install them both?
I did install both, but don't see the Episode Select screen.
Matteo215

Post by Matteo215 »

Matteo215 wrote:
Willhart wrote:There are two installers. One for the engine and one for the episode. Did you install them both?
I did install both, but don't see the Episode Select screen.
Actually, I do see the episode select screen, but it's blank. (Can't select episode.)
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

Matteo215 wrote:Actually, I do see the episode select screen, but it's blank. (Can't select episode.)
Did you install both to the default directories? Because it sounds like you've installed the episode in the wrong place and the game can't find it.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Matteo215

Post by Matteo215 »

docopoper wrote:
Matteo215 wrote:Actually, I do see the episode select screen, but it's blank. (Can't select episode.)
Did you install both to the default directories? Because it sounds like you've installed the episode in the wrong place and the game can't find it.
I think so........(?) I installed then both like normal and put them both in the same folder.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Oh man this game is super good! It seems like every finished talkhaus project ends up being better than the last...which makes sense now that I think about it.

"Also, I made it to world five. Does anyone know where the second Leek in Fun Fungus Function is? I've gotten all of the leeks up until this point, and I legitimately have no idea where it could be. I read what I assumed was the tip for that leek in the Library, but it didn't help.

Lejes
https://lejes.talkhaus.com/

Post by Lejes »

Episode 1 needs to go in the worlds folder. The game won't find it if it's in the same folder as the .exe.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

8flight wrote:
strongbadman wrote:

"Also, I made it to world five. Does anyone know where the second Leek in Fun Fungus Function is? I've gotten all of the leeks up until this point, and I legitimately have no idea where it could be. I read what I assumed was the tip for that leek in the Library, but it didn't help.

Here's a hint look at the blue bonus room tiles very closely and notice a difference.
There was a bonus room?
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

strongbadman wrote:
There was a bonus room?
He means the tiles that look like they would be from a bonus room. That is to say; blue and striped.

strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Okay, so I think I found a bug, but it could just be me being an idiot. I just capped off world six, but the leek sanctuary says I'm missing a leek in Qraestolia Caverns. I had gotten the leek in question, and then died before reaching the end. I thought leeks stayed collected even if you died doing so, but...maybe not? Anyway, I went back to the level to recollect it, but it wasn't there. Either that or I didn't actually reach the area it was at.

So, I need to know how many leeks I should have at this point. Because I have 60, and when I tried to do the math at The Castle Of No Real Significance, I only came up with 56.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

You can use Catnip to spit the key through the door in the tutorial.
Last edited by Ometeotl 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

strongbadman wrote:Okay, so I think I found a bug, but it could just be me being an idiot. I just capped off world six, but the leek sanctuary says I'm missing a leek in Qraestolia Caverns. I had gotten the leek in question, and then died before reaching the end. I thought leeks stayed collected even if you died doing so, but...maybe not? Anyway, I went back to the level to recollect it, but it wasn't there. Either that or I didn't actually reach the area it was at.
There are

two leeks in Qraestolia Caverns. Did you get them both?

strongbadman wrote:So, I need to know how many leeks I should have at this point. Because I have 60, and when I tried to do the math at The Castle Of No Real Significance, I only came up with 56.
If you have cleared all of

Worlds 1 through 6, getting all leeks in each, plus the leeks automatically obtained when you return to the Hub after clearing each of those worlds, you will have 62 leeks.

Sounds like you are missing one of the two leeks in Qraestolia Caverns, and the leek that you'll get upon returning to the Hub after World 6.

strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Voltgloss wrote:
strongbadman wrote:Okay, so I think I found a bug, but it could just be me being an idiot. I just capped off world six, but the leek sanctuary says I'm missing a leek in Qraestolia Caverns. I had gotten the leek in question, and then died before reaching the end. I thought leeks stayed collected even if you died doing so, but...maybe not? Anyway, I went back to the level to recollect it, but it wasn't there. Either that or I didn't actually reach the area it was at.
There are

two leeks in Qraestolia Caverns. Did you get them both?

strongbadman wrote:So, I need to know how many leeks I should have at this point. Because I have 60, and when I tried to do the math at The Castle Of No Real Significance, I only came up with 56.
If you have cleared all of

Worlds 1 through 6, getting all leeks in each, plus the leeks automatically obtained when you return to the Hub after clearing each of those worlds, you will have 62 leeks.

Sounds like you are missing one of the two leeks in Qraestolia Caverns, and the leek that you'll get upon returning to the Hub after World 6.

I got the secret one, died, and then got the normal one. I guess the one leek didn;t count when I died.
Edit:
Okay, where is that second leek? Because I swear I've been in its location twice now and it isn't there.