smbx communityirc.cat.biosmw central

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
Rejnka

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

Postby Rejnka » 6 months ago

Wohlstand wrote:
Rejnka wrote:when i restart my computer, the A2MBXT smbx.exe vanishes and the folder gets to a way where even if you delete it and make a new folder with the same name, you won't be able to copy SMBX.exe to it. send help
I think, you can try the "Unlocker" tool, because some dumb Windows's descriptors are still be.
P.S. Sorry I have no English version of that site, but program itself supports many languages include English. Please use "Зеркало" (translates as "Mirror") link to get right build quickly (other links are will give you a crap to pass before get download)

When you will install and start it, in file context menu will appear unlocker's menu where you can try unlock file with removing locking descriptors from it
It could move the file, but then it vanished for no real reason.

Turns out the problem is with a2mbst.exe. Apparently, it's broken and will prevent you from copying SMBX.exe to any folder you run it in. Now I've ruined my whole A2XT folder. Also the unlocker program doesn't recognize it as being locked. So, instead, I have decided to backup my save, delete my copy entirely, reinstall the game and reinstate my save file, and hope for the best.

Alice
💙
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 6 months ago

You should check that your antivirus isn't being a pile of trash and quarantining the program.

Rejnka

Postby Rejnka » 6 months ago

Alice wrote:You should check that your antivirus isn't being a pile of trash and quarantining the program.
Just checked, that seems to be PART of what's going on? Still doesn't explain the permanent folder lock thing, though. Then again, nothing probably will.

EDIT: Actually, I think I've fiddled the riddle. Normally my anti-virus allows you to manually bypass this sort of thing while it's doing it, but because a2mbxt.exe loads smbx.exe, some sort of thing happens where smbx.exe doesn't get checked properly. Having to set two exceptions to an antivirus, at the very least one of which needs you to do so manually, isn't exactly consumer-friendly design but what can you really do ¯\_◕﹏◕_/¯

Steve

Postby Steve » 5 months ago

Hello, does anyone know where can I get the A2XT base game and episode 1 before some of the music and sound effects got replaced? Are the older versions available anywhere? Thank you.

Wohlstand
PGE and LunaLUA developer

Postby Wohlstand » 5 months ago

Steve wrote:Hello, does anyone know where can I get the A2XT base game and episode 1 before some of the music and sound effects got replaced? Are the older versions available anywhere? Thank you.
a VERY old stuff collected at me here: http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Collected/A2MBXT/ , but base game only (which still have LunaDLL 7 without LUA and updated episode may work incorrectly with it if some lua scripts are being applied). Many musics in current version are being replaced because:
  • Removing copyrighted tracks are not granted for free usage
  • Replaced fat-weight MP3 tracks with OGG, SPC and NSF
  • Many tracks made by Dr. Shemp and contributed here are being removed by it's request, and replaced with the others

Steve

Postby Steve » 5 months ago

Thank you. I take it older versions are lost forever, then? That's a shame, the music was very nice, it really added to the experience.

Jongseok
I need another addmusic.

Postby Jongseok » 5 months ago

Analog Funk V1.3 doesn't have DEMOS. World 3 ow music.
Also it has graphical glitch, different title ost.
Please fix these bugs.

ano0maly
Retired Tester

Postby ano0maly » 2 months ago

Jongseok wrote:different title ost
see Wohlstand's post above
Image << Click!

Fan of the following:
Image Image

Jongseok
I need another addmusic.