irc.cat.biomario fan games galaxysmw central

happy birthday talkhaus!!!

A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

The second SMBX collab!
User avatar
SAJewers
A2XT Guy
Posts: 1986
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.3

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Base Game:Download

Episode 1 - analog funk: Download
Episode 1 Update to v1.2: Download(sorry, does not exist for V1.3)

If you receive a virus error, then ignore it. Apparently some anti-virus software will will mark lunadll as a virus.

If you receive a missing dll error when trying to run A2MBXT.exe, then run vcredist_x86.exe, which should fix the issue.

If you use the LAV Codec or ffdshow, then disable it or add a2mbxt.exe as an exception, otherwise you may see frame skipping and lag.
DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Image
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1680
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby raocow » 2 years ago

mannnn

MANNNNNNNN

I'm glad to see the writing is just as good as ever, wow.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Demolition
Posts: 0
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Demolition » 2 years ago

So i was checking out the forum after being gone for a ton and found some problems with who was credited for cutscenes on the level list.
I'm currently working a night shift and am super tired, but from what i remember from way back:

Prologue Cutscene was Me & Darkychao
EOW4 was Me & Darkychao (Maiku only contributed one line from what i remember. Darkychao did quite a bit)
EOW6 was Me, Darkychao, bkamakaze, & Maiku Wotaharu (This one took a lot of work, Maiku and bkamakaze can't be credited enough for this one)
EOW8 was Me & Darkychao (I did most of the work on this one)
EOW9 was Dr. Shemp (Mabel submitted an EOW9 that wasn't used. shemp copied over the sprites from mabel's though.)
Image
Image

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Willhart » 2 years ago

I'm happy to say there has been no lag for me on world 1 so far.

If you are still fixing typos for the release version happening tomorrow, I noticed that cat lama is written as cat llama on the tutorial Iris section. It was in the lunadll text near the bottom of the screen.
Demolition wrote: EOW6 was Me, Darkychao, bkamakaze, & Maiku Wotaharu (This one took a lot of work, Maiku and bkamakaze can't be credited enough for this one)
Maiku can be credited since he made a big and very important part of that cutscene.
Edit: same for bkamakaze thanks to the art assets that surely took long time to make.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
Demolition
Posts: 0
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Demolition » 2 years ago

Willhart wrote:
Demolition wrote: EOW6 was Me, Darkychao, bkamakaze, & Maiku Wotaharu (This one took a lot of work, Maiku and bkamakaze can't be credited enough for this one)
Maiku can be credited since he made a big and very important part of that cutscene.
Demolition wrote:can't be credited enough
You misread.
They should get flashing stars around their names on the level list.
Last edited by Demolition on 23 Aug 2014, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Willhart » 2 years ago

They asked to be credited earlier.
Edit: Oh, sorry about that. I misread.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
SAJewers
A2XT Guy
Posts: 1986
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Willhart wrote:I'm happy to say there has been no lag for me on world 1 so far.

If you are still fixing typos for the release version happening tomorrow, I noticed that cat lama is written as cat llama on the tutorial Iris section. It was in the lunadll text near the bottom of the screen.
Demolition wrote: EOW6 was Me, Darkychao, bkamakaze, & Maiku Wotaharu (This one took a lot of work, Maiku and bkamakaze can't be credited enough for this one)
Maiku can be credited since he made a big and very important part of that cutscene.
Edit: same for bkamakaze thanks to the art assets that surely took long time to make.
Wikipedia says it's spelled Llama.

Demolition: Kinda late on that.
DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Image
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Voltgloss
>GET LAMP
Posts: 435
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: West of House

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Voltgloss » 2 years ago

Llama (with two L's) is the correct spelling.

User avatar
Demolition
Posts: 0
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Demolition » 2 years ago

SAJewers wrote: Demolition: Kinda late on that.
Can't it be updated next patch?
Most of those cutscenes are late in the game.
I worked really hard on them especially eow6 and 8.
Image
Image

User avatar
S.N.N.
Posts: 440
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby S.N.N. » 2 years ago

So it looks like this is happening as of tomorrow then?

Time to see if this was everything it was hyped up to be. I've seen the trailer/screenshots and I have fairly high hopes.
Image

User avatar
SAJewers
A2XT Guy
Posts: 1986
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Demolition wrote:
SAJewers wrote: Demolition: Kinda late on that.
Can't it be updated next patch?
Most of those cutscenes are late in the game.
I worked really hard on them especially eow6 and 8.
Fine, I'm reuploading this just to make you happy. I really doubt there will be an update during the LP, considering the beta testing that was done.
S.N.N. wrote:So it looks like this is happening as of tomorrow then?

Time to see if this was everything it was hyped up to be. I've seen the trailer/screenshots and I have fairly high hopes.
Go download it and play it right now if you want.
DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Image
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2533
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Willhart » 2 years ago

I'll be playing alongside raocow. The world one is pretty awesome.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

User avatar
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
Posts: 78
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he
Location: Ireland

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby docopoper » 2 years ago

I am looking forward to seeing this video. :) A fair few of my friends in college are going to be playing this too.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

User avatar
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
Posts: 0
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Stephen
Location: Holstaurus Heaven

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Septentrion Pleiades » 2 years ago

I, for one, am sick and tired of playing this over and over. The LP should be awesome anyways.

edit: A2XT needs to be written all over this page.

A2XT A2XT A2XT
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
glitch4
positivity
Posts: 7
Joined: 3 years ago
Pronouns: glitch

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby glitch4 » 2 years ago

YES

User avatar
ano0maly
Retired Tester
Posts: 837
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby ano0maly » 2 years ago

The forum name changed. I kinda like this more as the official title.
Image
Image << Click!

Fan of the following:
Image Image

User avatar
S.N.N.
Posts: 440
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby S.N.N. » 2 years ago

SAJewers wrote:Go download it and play it right now if you want.
I don't care much for SMBX's controls, but I gave this a shot anyway. If the first world is any indication, then congratulations - you guys made have created the first genuinely good Talkhaus collab. It's been a ton of fun so far and I really, really hope the design and atmosphere stays as great as it is at the beginning.

I seriously regret not finishing my level for this. I'll have to make sure I involve myself more in A2XT Ep. 2.
Image

devil†zukin
Posts: 262
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby devil†zukin » 2 years ago

yay this forum is #1 for a2xt on unbiased google search

User avatar
Validon98
Lunatic Fairy of Hell
Posts: 279
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Erik
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Being a clown in hell... or under the shrine

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Validon98 » 2 years ago

I never got to 100% ASMBXT. I honestly have no intention of that now that A2MBXT/A2XT is now out. I guess I'll try playing alongside raocow too as long as I don't get distracted by every other game ever that I'm in the middle of playing. :V

EDIT: ...Oh wow. OH WOW.
I'm already impressed by pretty much everything, especially having the Castle of Absolutely No Significance being there. I've still got to finish the sub-path of World 1 (I beat the "main path" ending in Another Castle already), but I'm already really impressed by this so far. Just... woooooow.
Last edited by Validon98 on 23 Aug 2014, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Because a fairy of hell is totally a clown.

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (oh hey HW's story is over), Gensokyo no Nazo (Lunatic down, time to 100% Normal), random old Castlevanias (SC4 is dumb by the by)

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Nightmare of Rebellion Partial English Gameplay Patch!

Zyglrox Odyssey
Posts: 521
Joined: 4 years ago
Contact:

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 2 years ago

Does ASMBXT work with the A2XT base game? Because that'd be convenient.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
Posts: 78
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he
Location: Ireland

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby docopoper » 2 years ago

At the very least the hardcoded graphics would be different. I'm not really sure otherwise. Kil's old death counter probably wouldn't work. But that thing is best avoided... I'd recommend installing the ASMBXT base separately - but it might work to some extent.

If you phrased the question wrong and meant using A2XT with the asmbxt base game then no, absolutely not. ASMBXT has a very very old version of Luna DLL.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

User avatar
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
Posts: 78
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he
Location: Ireland

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby docopoper » 2 years ago

Ok, I noticed a typo in "A world 1 level":

It says "the ASMBXT" on the sign before the boss on the secret exit.

The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.

User avatar
SAJewers
A2XT Guy
Posts: 1986
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby SAJewers » 2 years ago

Ah. I think someone noticed that before, then Septentrion had told me the version I had was out of date, and the version he had didn't fix that.

The download below fixes it. I'm uploading another copy of the Main Download for Episode 1 as well.
Attachments
Whoops.7z
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
DO NOT PM ME ABOUT A SECOND MARIO BROS X. THING. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO PMs.
Image
Head over to the ASMBXT Forums and join the discssion, or submit levels!
Image
Image
Image

Doctor Shemp
Banned
Posts: 0
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Doctor Shemp » 2 years ago

Validon98 wrote:I never got to 100% ASMBXT. I honestly have no intention of that now that A2MBXT/A2XT is now out. I guess I'll try playing alongside raocow too as long as I don't get distracted by every other game ever that I'm in the middle of playing. :V

EDIT: ...Oh wow. OH WOW.
I'm already impressed by pretty much everything, especially having the Castle of Absolutely No Significance being there. I've still got to finish the sub-path of World 1 (I beat the "main path" ending in Another Castle already), but I'm already really impressed by this so far. Just... woooooow.
If you're aiming to 100% A2XT, then good luck, you'll need it. Some of the secret leeks are blisteringly difficult (looking at docopoper here). I think they're fair in their difficulty, especially considering they're secret, but still, they are super difficult.

From my experience in testing probably the best way to play A2XT is to not worry about 100%ing each level as you get to it. You don't need to 100% each world to get to the next one, so beat the game (if you can) and then go for the 100% (if you can).

User avatar
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
Posts: 391
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: You'll figure it out.
Location: Sharing a bunk bed with Pily

Re: A Second Mario Bros X Thing: analog funk V1.0

Postby Maiku Wotaharu » 2 years ago

Demolition wrote:So i was checking out the forum after being gone for a ton and found some problems with who was credited for cutscenes on the level list.
I'm currently working a night shift and am super tired, but from what i remember from way back:

EOW4 was Me & Darkychao (Maiku only contributed one line from what i remember. Darkychao did quite a bit)
Yeah, that's right. I'm cool if I'm not credited.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Return to “A2XT”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron