(shouting)

Episode 1 Release Candidate

The second SMBX collab!
Kil

Re: Episode 1 Release Candidate

Post by Kil »

what about other levels
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Every level I've been able to get into works. Since I can't get past this one, That only means the tutorial and Remakes. I can also return to the tutorial from the world map without any issues.

Edit:
Every level I've been able to get into works.
No sh*t! But you know what I mean.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Is there a lvl file and folder with the name "Feenicks-giantegg" inside Main Game/worlds/Episode1 folder? That level works for me on both ow and level editor.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Giant Egg works fine for me. Perhaps your installation is incomplete in some way.

I'm playing the Nevada battle now and the meat generation seems very slow to me. Perhaps we could have an "extra" piece of meat spawn in the above corners immediately when the battle starts, so the player immediately understands what they're expected to do? Otherwise there's a significant waiting-around "how do I attack" phase at the beginning.

Also, the music volume in the Nevada battle feels quite low compared to the sound effects. Finally, I note that the music cheat doesn't work when falling through the Flesh Lord pit.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

OK, I think I fixed the remaining bugs listed on the Bugs page. Someone please check and see if Johnson McCain's Leek Checker is fixed. Someone will also need to check if the credits issue is fixed too. If not, someone will have to figure out how to fix it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf6nw ... _Update.7z

EDIT: Voltgloss, if you want to do that, go right ahead.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

I just tried Johnson McCain's leek checker, having already grabbed the leek in question - and the "loading" screen hung without ever ending. I could move and jump Demo around, but the screen still wouldn't end.

I'll make tweaks to the Nevada fight, but I don't know how to make the music louder. Doctor Shemp, is that something on which you can assist?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Sure, here's a louder version. At some point someone made it quieter than I originally did. No idea why. This fixes it back. However, bear in mind that the intro is quieter than the rest of the track, just like in the original song.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Pandamona no longer has any dialogue in Boxing Day. Was that removed intentionally? If so, why? If not, I'll restore it.

Edit: Same deal with Garish. Also, what happened to the little goopa bearing a flag at the start of that fight? He was adorable!
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Separate issue: I checked out the EOW Cutscene service in the Hub after clearing World 7; went to the EOW 1 cutscene; and it spat me out midway through World 8 in the overworld (next to Party, Platform, and Dodge). Do we have any control over where the player gets placed on the overworld after viewing one of those cutscenes? If not, I think we should remove that feature entirely, because using it risks launching the player into a future world (if not outright breaking their save).
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Do you think you can fix some of those? I think the sibling fights dialogue might have something to do with the small intro screens never being added. Also the credits need to be tested. I have little time later today to add the Oh no a Ghost "press up" text, and some more time tomorrow for other things.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

I have time tomorrow night (Tuesday 8-19) to fix the sibling fights - I just want to confirm that their dialogue wasn't intentionally removed. I'll be tweaking the Nevada fight then as well.

I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done about the EOW Cutscene Player randomly dumping the player in the overworld.

I just tested the credits and they played properly (both halves).

I did see two other minor issues:
- The music cheat does not work in the Blue Surfer secret room
- In the west wing of the library, Patchouli's textbox ends: "takes them to the savety." But "savety" is not a word. Should this read "takes them to safety"?

I still have to finish a little of World 8 and then World 9 to complete my current testing run. I'll be doing that tomorrow night.
Last edited by Voltgloss 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The pre-fight talk is really short in the Sibling fights. I don't think anyone minds if they played every time the level was started. It's very important in terms of characterisation to have them in.

Edit: it might be good to change the name of this subforum to A2XT, so that it is easier to find on google search results.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I think I might have found a minor bug. After clearing Static Life, the loading screen that leads to EoW6 is missing the word "Loading..." at the bottom right that the other loaders have.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Willhart wrote:Do you think you can fix some of those? I think the sibling fights dialogue might have something to do with the small intro screens never being added. Also the credits need to be tested. I have little time later today to add the Oh no a Ghost "press up" text, and some more time tomorrow for other things.
The main issues are fixing the Sibling Fight text, and figuring out how to fix the leek checker in Johnson McCain.

I should be able to hack in a fix for the HUB Cutscene thingys by placing a special OW spot just for the HUB
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I think this kind of solution works better for the Eow 4 loading screen.
Edit: When entering for second time the other warp seems to be missing that skips the cutscene.
Demo is left to walk against the invisible wall.
screenshot.84.png
screenshot.84.png (67.49 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
Last edited by Willhart 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

SAJewers wrote:The main issues are fixing the Sibling Fight text, and figuring out how to fix the leek checker in Johnson McCain.
I'll have the Sibling Fight issues worked out tonight.
Willhart wrote:I think this kind of solution works better for the Eow 4 loading screen.
We also need to make sure that whatever fix is made doesn't inadvertently break the loading screen for a player who replays the level after having already received the leek.

Edit: Which I see Willhart just noted as well. I can confirm that warp is missing or otherwise broken in its most current version (see my posted notes from last night).

Also:
Willhart wrote:Edit: it might be good to change the name of this subforum to A2XT, so that it is easier to find on google search results.
I concur with this.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

One other thing I saw last night that I forgot to mention: In Fruitcat Clouds, if you kill one of the bouncing crusher/plunger things, the death animation is a regular shell. Willhart, up to you how you want to handle - maybe just remove the death animation entirely?

(Note that this is more likely to happen now ever since the World 7 map was moved around, because Fruitcat Clouds is now right after Bronze Fortress - where the player can get a meat-spitting Catnip at the end - and bringing that Catnip into Fruitcat Clouds gives an easy way to kill those bouncing crusher/plunger things.)
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Voltgloss wrote:One other thing I saw last night that I forgot to mention: In Fruitcat Clouds, if you kill one of the bouncing crusher/plunger things, the death animation is a regular shell. Willhart, up to you how you want to handle - maybe just remove the death animation entirely?

(Note that this is more likely to happen now ever since the World 7 map was moved around, because Fruitcat Clouds is now right after Bronze Fortress - where the player can get a meat-spitting Catnip at the end - and bringing that Catnip into Fruitcat Clouds gives an easy way to kill those bouncing crusher/plunger things.)
I'll just make the death effect blank.
Also fixes the typo in the library. savety ->safety.
Attachments
Levl.rar
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Voltgloss wrote:One other thing I saw last night that I forgot to mention: In Fruitcat Clouds, if you kill one of the bouncing crusher/plunger things, the death animation is a regular shell. Willhart, up to you how you want to handle - maybe just remove the death animation entirely?

Oh, that Reminds me: the same needs to be fixed with Birdo in the Final Level.
shaman

Post by shaman »

yes!
is this videogames?
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I redownloaded all levels and fixes. There seems to be two Final level folders now. The highlighted one only contains lunadll. It might have been named wrong and is supposed to overwrite the lunadll on the previous folder.
screenshot.87.png
screenshot.87.png (64.36 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Edit: here are the blank birdo masks for the final level.
Attachments
Blankbirdo.rar
(366 Bytes) Downloaded 51 times
Last edited by Willhart 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

That's now been fixed.

As For Johnson McCain, maybe someone try using LunaDLL to force the "CutsceneLoad" event to run every couple of frames.

What's supposed to happen is that that Event forces the player to run to the right, right into the leek and the warp. The problem is the Airship movement loop events cause the run right to stop happening, and apparently forcing the "CutsceneLoad" event to run every 0.1 seconds isn't working.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

SAJewers wrote:That's now been fixed.

As For Johnson McCain, maybe someone try using LunaDLL to force the "CutsceneLoad" event to run every couple of frames.

What's supposed to happen is that that Event forces the player to run to the right, right into the leek and the warp. The problem is the Airship movement loop events cause the run right to stop happening, and apparently forcing the "CutsceneLoad" event to run every 0.1 seconds isn't working.
Alternatively, woudln't it better to have the airship still and have a moving background?
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Willhart wrote:Is there a lvl file and folder with the name "Feenicks-giantegg" inside Main Game/worlds/Episode1 folder? That level works for me on both ow and level editor.
The folder and the .lvl file are all there... I just tried it in the editor and the editor crashes as well... same uninformative error

I also redownloaded all the files (including the latest update from earlier today)

Edit: This is gonna sound ridiculous but it worked after I uninstalled FFDShow... I have no idea what relation it has, if it has any.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

I am 90% sure you had an audio error.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P