Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Copy/Paste, Resizable, Large-Select-Drag, Undo/Redo Edit

Post by Wohlstand »

Mabel, I was noticed about BGO:
This is SMBX problem:
Because SMBX is using a pre-defined image sizes without dynamic capturing, we should give to stupid SMBX a size values, but LVL file format is not support the size values for BGO, and SMBX can't work with bgo which have size more than predefined.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Wohlstand wrote:Mabel, I was noticed about BGO:
This is SMBX problem:
Because SMBX is using a pre-defined image sizes without dynamic capturing, we should give to stupid SMBX a size values, but LVL file format is not support the size values for BGO, and SMBX can't work with bgo which have size more than predefined.
While your editor is working for SMBX, you should make sure that it doesn't allow you to do anything that beaks in that engine. By all means add the features in when you build your own engine, but it's extremely frustrating to build a level and then find it doesn't work because of engine limitations.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

Hoeloe wrote: While your editor is working for SMBX, you should make sure that it doesn't allow you to do anything that beaks in that engine. By all means add the features in when you build your own engine, but it's extremely frustrating to build a level and then find it doesn't work because of engine limitations.
Oh, I forgot say about my LVLX format which I will use as LVL successor in my new engine:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=181
When I made support of LVLX/WLDS, before I will make engine, they are will be like PSD-file in the Photoshop or PDN in the Paint.NET before you will export into PNG or into JPG and will lose all layers and effects.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

P.S. Just added MacOS X build:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14682&p=239566#p239566
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Could I make a suggestion? You might set the default window size to a static one. One a multimonitor setup it tries to set it to the vertical and horizontal size of the overall desktop but for someone who has multiple differently sized monitors this ends up with significant portions being cut off. My tallest monitor is 1440 pixels tall but the other two are 1080 and 768 so large portions of the screen get cut off this way and I have to resize it manually. Not a huge deal since I can still reach the title bar to manually resize it but it's a bit inconvenient.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

Alice wrote:Could I make a suggestion? You might set the default window size to a static one. One a multimonitor setup it tries to set it to the vertical and horizontal size of the overall desktop but for someone who has multiple differently sized monitors this ends up with significant portions being cut off. My tallest monitor is 1440 pixels tall but the other two are 1080 and 768 so large portions of the screen get cut off this way and I have to resize it manually. Not a huge deal since I can still reach the title bar to manually resize it but it's a bit inconvenient.
Oh! I made dynamic capturing of "Desktop" size, but is not tested with multi-monitor :P
Also, last window size always saving into INI file, but I will check this, and will find method to get size of monitor instead whole desktop space.

And I have idea for test:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1789 ... ed-monitor
And I have other monitors and will connect one of them to test in the multi-monitor mode ;)
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

I Will be in the own topic where I can give a better support

My new topic is here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15003&p=244845