(shouting)

A2MBXT beta testing

The second SMBX collab!
Kil

A2MBXT beta testing

Post by Kil »

Hijaking this - SAJewers:

Base Game (Updated July 9): http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxtd6 ... nstall.exe
Episode 1 Download (updated July 9): http://www.mediafire.com/download/tknn2 ... isode1.exe
Required Update to Episode 1(Updated July 9): http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf6nw ... _Update.7z

Bugs list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EqJ ... sp=sharing

Original Post:
Is there any way to know how many leeks I need to find in a level
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: A2MBXT beta testing

Post by SAJewers »

Kil wrote:Is there any way to know how many leeks I need to find in a level
Towns.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Kil

Post by Kil »

ok
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Oh, well if this is going to be the beta testing thread and SAJ is not the OP - then we need somewhere easy to get the most recent release.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Can't he just edit the first post or take over the thread somehow

By the way I stopped playing because the hub in my copy is really messed up and I don't feel like ignoring it. How do I fix that? Also I wish you guys didn't add so much storyline. It's honestly annoying as hell to me...
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I've only seen the intro story so far - but I loved that.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Surely it's mostly optional or can be taken out easily enough in the editor?

If not, that might be a good thing to change before it goes public.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

Say, uh, if beta testing is happening now, does that mean it's too late to submit another revision of my level? IRL things prevented me from testing the changes to things like Raocoin and midpoint placement and the touched up goal.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I'd say that's fine.

Also has anyone figured out why any of the custom graphics have not worked for a good amount of peeps?
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

You can still send an update if you want.

Anyway, here's an update, which fixes most of the typos mentioned, as well as the hub GFX: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf6nw ... _Update.7z

http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/Episode1/B ... _placement.
Thoughts on this? Someone want to look into this?
Sturg wrote:I'd say that's fine.

Also has anyone figured out why any of the custom graphics have not worked for a good amount of peeps?
Which custom graphics are we talking about? If it's the hub, it's because I forgot to copy over the folder.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

SAJewers wrote: Which custom graphics are we talking about? If it's the hub, it's because I forgot to copy over the folder.
Both the HUB and OW graphics, but they are probably the same thing so yay

Also, to make things easier on you SAJ, maybe we could have one giant list of bugs and stuff and then fix all that in a huge update and then released a newer version (besides the graphics update of course).
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I can check again in the morning, but I don't think KT16 had the latest base game/dev kit.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

To be clear: The "episode1.exe" file extracts to be a folder called "Episode1" and a text file called "Episode1 Level List.txt". That folder and that text file go in the "worlds" folder, next to the folder called "A2MBXT Levels"? Because when I tried putting them into the folder called "A2MBXT Levels", I couldn't see "1: Analog Funk" in the episodes list in-game.

Either way I do it, there's something in the in-game episode list list called "ASMBXT2: The Stupid", which brings me to a black screen with a border an nothing else.

(If you can't tell, this is the first time I've played an SMBX episode myself. My only previous relevant experience is fiddling with the level editor, watching youtube videos, and playing SMB3.)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Yes, next to that folder.
Axon

Post by Axon »

A few things I noticed:
- I've played my level Ghosts in Space again and the swimming sound is way too loud and kinda destroys the atmosphere. Some other sounds like the statue fire-breathing sound also seem to be a bit too loud.
- Some of the music (like the soviet anthem or the music in raocow's level) seems to have become not loud enough, although that might be due to the contrast with the loud sound effects.
- In Static life, the end door is visible before you get the big leek.
- I don't know if that's normal, but in Castle of the World, the door in the boss room is visible before the boss is beaten.
- In The Good, The Bad and The Stupid, you can get stuck here:
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I forgot to mention this in the updates thread, but since Axon brought up some (implied) premature endings I thought I'd chime in as well. In the boss room of Soggy Steelworks, you can actually ignore the boss after destroying the glass containing his throne. The path to the leek is somehow open even when he's still visible.

Also, it's weird that I have to hold up on the ground to use the teleporters. Not just because of the cutoff of the PC going up an imaginary pipe, but also because I expected it to either function like a door or have the PC go down it.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

upon getting the super leek in world 1 if you land near bowser you speak to him forever
Image Image
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Alright, I've got it working, and my controller configured and everything, here we go.

First bit of feedback: I don't know who's responsible for the intro cutscene, but raocow's voice line is really quiet, relative to the background music. Other than that, the intro cutscene was amazing and hilarious.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Also I thought the princess boss was easy enough, it's just that the sound effect sounds like you're hitting something invincible
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

Is Kood's world-map sprite supposed to be an arrow? EDIT: Ah, it's a Drama Mistery reference. I'd forgotten that detail.

Man, I'm worse at this game than I thought I'd be. Died an embarrassing amount of times on the giant egg. Loved the level, though. It was very Cave Story. Probably spent more time trying to beat that than I did on the secret "hardest part of the game" in World One Level.

The world map is beautiful, the music is beautiful, this game is beautiful. Hopefully I'll make faster progress as I acclimate to the controls. I beat This Sounds Accurate before retiring for the night.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Okay, I've got a summary of some levels in Worlds 5 and 6 that haven't been fully sorted out. (No, I'm not going to assess difficulty since I am a horrible judge thereof if my MaGL X Level's boss is any indication.)
  • Dyin' for an Electrifyin' and the EOW5 Cutscene have broken music.
  • For Xelenet Village, there is some odd cutoff in the rain (I think it's before the lake). Also, the transition into the cave is still wonky.
  • Take It What Now's second leek is broken. I think you're supposed to talk to the Reimu-kkuri at the very end of the section, but it didn't work as planned.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Here's my full bug-list from a big play-testing thing I just streamed!
~EVERYTHING~
The sack is still a boot.

It's LEEKS, not STARS. Silly doors in the hub.

Ducking as Ice-demo has weird feet.

Cat Llama's sound like they are in pain when they eat things.

Wooden chair background graphic (near the wooden table) missing one black pixel on the left leg. It is possible but unlikely that this exists only in the World 3 intro level.

~World 1~

this sounds accurate:
Flying Furba has flashing white line at bottom in animation. Need to fix.
Gives not enough time to react in falling segment.

MAKL:
CUTOFF! ON NOES! It's at the start of the level, drop down and look left.

Dense Jangle:
The big arm sticking out of the hill has cutoff. (You can fix it by using an 'overlap' layer that contains the bits of the hill that you need the arm to come out of then pressing the button to make it dissappear and then placing the arm and reappering it. Works like a charm.)

Wood Zone:
Duck in secret area fires ducks to the left, even when facing to the right.

Another Castle:
First peach that appears has just like 2 lines of pixels for a death animation.
Big doors are entered from either the left-half or the right-half instead of in the middle (also they don't open).

World 1 town:
WHY IS THE TOWN HIDDEN? Eh, that's fine.
Vines going upwards dissappear if the section changes, stopping them from creating more vine-parts to climb on. Incidentally there is a door immediatly to the right of both the vines you need to climb up to reach the cloud-place.
The jumping miner toad sprite is missing it's very top-line when in the air.
Cannot enter men's room in pub. : )-

~World 2~

The intro level has foreground-ish trees that go over the sizable ground but not Demo and the Love Frog.

The cutscene has 'Stephen' say 'actions of the a Kood'

Feed has spaces when she says 'I know'

'There's are', by Kood.

'I didn't GET to finish my...blah blah blah'

Pimp Yo Ride:
The palanquin ride goes in front of the hills and also the spike-traps look weird.
The boo isn't unique! DISASTER!!!!

Omelet Jungle:
The shell-game has like a 5 second delay after talking before it starts where nothing happens.

Koopa Time:
Double filtered! Both lunadll AND in-level filter block thing.
Most of the background hill things at the start are like one-pixel inside of the platforms they are on top of, it is really bugging me and also it makes the grass things you pick up hover in the air a bit.
On the little hills above the bullet-shooters there is a pick-upable grass that is slightly hovering over the edge of the platform.

Plant Zone:
Plant cutoff when entering/exiting. Not sure if fixable. (or important)
Some plants aren't actually plants. Put the following default npc's back in: Giant piranna plant head (currently caterpillar head guy), Jumpy Snappy Plant Guy (currently teeth enemy), Lava Lotus (currently Love Frogs), Munchers (currently buzzsaws).
After checkpoint, the jumping plants on the spikey things hurt you even when supposedly underground.
Waterfalls are disconnected from clouds slightly, causing cutoff.
There is an unfair plant in this level. It is right after the caterpiller head guy/piranna plant head followed by the two jumpy plant/teeth enemies.

Farina Station:
Some of the bushes at the start are flying slightly.
You can walk into the little sideways slope things on the sides of the train tracks area and if you are big weird things happen.
GanonTEK is a wierd floating thing with a shadow. It's weird.
Toad working on languages says 'I'm holed in this floor' instead of 'I'm holed UP in this floor'.
After going up to floor 3 the elevator is one-pixel off. I am so saddened. It looked like a PERFECT elevator, which is really hard in SMBX. But it wasn't. : (
You can insta-kill yourself in the elevator by throwing the pass at the buttons. Honestly this is kind of the player's fault though. Though if the player is fast enough it is probably possible to avoid the insta-kill and thus get trapped somehow.

Oh no a ghost:
Shouldn't this be an Iris/raocow only level of some sort?

Poisen Tree:
The green upside down tree inside the big tree at the first poisen water thing is in the wrong place. Needs to be more down and rightish to align with its trunk. Maybe just more downish.
The big-head NPC and the Love Frog NPC need to be replaced with their default Lava Lotus and Big Pirranna Plant npcs. Probably.
The plant-hill glitch from Plant Zone strikes again. The guys coming out of the hills immediatly after the mid-point will hit you even when underground. Hate that glitch.
Poisen Water in Spike-Top area looks weird. Top-lava and bottom-lava are different, neither look like the regular poisen water.

Sheathe Partakes In An Interlude:
Double filtering; Lunadll and in-level.
Erroll repeats himself when spoken to again, complete with fancy-smancy sound-effect.
The second torch graphic doesn't exist. Just the fire, with no torch to be on.
Single tile of cutoff: Check the hill in the skeleton hunt. The one facing to the left. It's in the inside arch area, on the ceiling.
Wondering if springs and dancing dudes should be changed back to the default or not. I am unsure.
Mouse still summons dancers even while dead.
There is a single block inexplicably missing in the ceiling at the easter egg area. If you want the easter egg location, proceed to the right --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (Mouse room, last mouse, triple torch, above.) Also if you don't get the last mouse before getting the easter egg you lose the little easter egg reward thing. How annoying.
Skeleton death animation if knocked from below with a block is the ninji death animation instead of a skeleton one.

~World 3~

Town:
The man-in-the-pipe says it is a boot when it is a sack.

"Star Road":
The leve it exits to cannot possible be 3-2. It has at least two levels that must be beaten before you reach it.

Pipe of Shame:
Yoshi's house is slightly flying via cutoff.
There is what appears to be a single 'Shy Guy Replacement' bullet in Yoshi's House, which promptly falls off the bottom of the screen as soon as it appears on-screen. Huh.

Intro:
Is the fluffly resort supposed to be slightly flying?

World End Cutscene:
It makes you drop your reserve item! What a jerk!

Sandy Sands:
You can displace the talking npc's with the P-switch! (Probably SMBX's fault and unfixable)
ALSO WHY ARE THERE STILL RIDICULOUS P-SWITCH'S HERE ARGHBLARHAGBLAbb bbb...
First screen cutoff with the removable sand.
One-tile high stuff in treehouse can be done the glitch to if tall.
Plants have cutoff with the sand.
Foreground sand in pyramid causes weirdness. Mostly cutoff.
Sand waterfall being actual water makes no sense.
Secret path has floating bush cutoff.
Pipe cutoff in the sand when you exit back into the desert.

Cinder Canyon:
There is a talking door. What.

Nice and Easy:
The 'do not fall into holes' hole has cutoff on the left-hand side.
There is a jump in the secret area (climbing up to the right of the light-blue spring generator) that is really hard to do as not-Iris.
Springs should probably not be able to talk. Maybe slimes can though, they have faces.

Triforce Trials:
Should statues turn around like the one at the start does?
Triforce should be Red for Power, Blue for Wisdom, Green for Courage. Purple is not included.
The green path has enemy light-blue slimes.

Sloppy Sands:
In the secret area with the waterfalls and fish falling down them, there is a rather obvious bit of piping missing from the crab area. (walking crabs, not shot-out-of-cannon crabs.)
------>>>~~~!!!IMPORTANT!!!?>>VD{??>>>>>>>>>>>>The blue-switch's secret area's exit results in your death. >: ( THIS PREVENTS YOU FROM ACCESSING THE SECRET EXIT AND IS THUS CRITICAL TO FIX!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

Forgotten World we Just Remembered:
The secret hole with the extra-lives inside can easily kill you via instant-warp stupidity after you get the lives and are leaving. Same with the key's hole.
Mid-point does not filter for Demo/Iris.
Right after the power-up underneath the blocks you gotta blow up there are some blocks which can be destroyed which cause cut-off if destroyed.
One of the bomb-spawns in the second-half is on top of a destroyable block. Yep.
In fact, there are a lot of destroyable blocks that if destroyed cause cutoff.

Floating Falls:
The ! sign's instant warp drops you on top of another instant-warp, which then instant-warps you back to the ! sign's instant warp, which then... Luckily instant-warps have a built in refusal to work for like a second after taking one so you can still escape.
Second section main path, there is a pick-upable grass thing in a single-tile high hole in the wall.
After murdering the blue goopa's big brother you can talk to him again and he will repeat his original dialogue.

Load Bearing Bricks:
The brick buildings do not all extend downwards enough to stop you from going underneath them.

The Good, The Bad, and The Stupid:
Are the catllamma people supposed to be like that? With the fancy suit and the being Calleoca and whatnot?
Is the saloon or whatever's watch supposed to be a clock?
When talking to the KFP there is a bit where the music seems to mess up. Not sure if on purpose for dramatic effect though.
You can talk to the KFP again after talking once to get a repeat of the entire conversation.
Final section has floating cutoffy bush'es and fences. Also an arrow sign.
The water in the final section is weird when you are walking on the ground besides it.
The very final background item - a hill - goes in front of the fence in a weird looking manner at one spot.
I stopped at the end of world 3.

Not so much because that seemed like a good place to stop, and more because Sloppy Sands has a bug where after pressing the blue switch the exit pipe drops you back at the start of the section with no escape, resulting in your death.
As you need the blue switch to get the secret exit, and thus get access to every level and leek in World 3, it is impossible to continue past that point as of now.

At least, as far as I could tell.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

So, here me out:

At the current moment, you are forced to collect every single leek, secret or not, to progress through the game (Up to World 3 as far as I know). But that's supposed to be get into the post-game challenge, not get to World 4 challenge. My suggestion, lower the amount of stars needed to get into each world. I think the best method of doing this is finding the shortest path in each world, count how many leeks that adds up to, and use that as an idea for a grand total for the next world in order to progress. That way, the player can use the secrets and shortcuts and finish a world quickly without running into a shortage of leeks if they're breezing through the game without a 100% run.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote: Sloppy Sands has a bug where after pressing the blue switch the exit pipe drops you back at the start of the section with no escape, resulting in your death.
was just about to post this, :lol:
Image Image