(shouting)

Is anyone interested in/capeable of making SMBX cutscenes

The second SMBX collab!
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Is anyone interested in/capeable of making SMBX cutscenes

Post by darkychao »

At the the pace that Demolition and I are making story cutscenes we'll be finished somewhere around the completion of a2mt, so if we could get any people who can help us maybe we'd be able to get stuff done before the fall of civilization.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Demolition

Re: Is anyone interested in/capeable of making SMBX cutscene

Post by Demolition »

We're also both probably going to take a break following episode one to work on ASM64T and then return for Episodes 3 and 4. So anyone who steps in also has to deal with that.

If we seem like jerks right now it's because it's 4 AM.
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but cutscenes were created by simply using the in-game screens right? As in not the odd looking images that were using during ASMBXT.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Alright, here's my early morning/late night opinion: why not just ditch cutscenes? Who plays these games for the story anyway? At this point they're just holding everything up.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Yeah, just.. use what we have, basically.

edit - I mean, we already got playable world intros, in addition to some key cutscenes. That seems okay with me.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

You guys told me you were almost done. What happened?

EDIT: Either Way, get in contact with me.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Alright, here's my early morning/late night opinion: why not just ditch cutscenes? Who plays these games for the story anyway? At this point they're just holding everything up.
I agree with the main point. The game itself is already almost done, and only us creators really are going to bemoan the sparsity of cutscenes.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I'd just like to point out that The Overworld still isn't done (Sturg: Castle of World and Tower of Zalost had to be swapped again after talking with Demolition), and there are at least four Towns that need updating.

After talking with Demolition and Darkychao last night, I can say that with an extra person or two, the cutscenes can get done in a short amount of time. All the planning and writing and whatnot has been done for them; they just need to actually make them.
raocow wrote: edit - I mean, we already got playable world intros, in addition to some key cutscenes. That seems okay with me.
I only have one of the key cutscenes, and it's arguably the least important of the key cutscenes.

Demolition/Darkychao: What Intro cutscenes have you guys done again? I might might be able to help out do a few intro cutscenes.
Holy

Post by Holy »

I'm up for helping make any of the super plot-important cutscenes. Anything else may as well be dropped unless it's easy to make quickly.
shaman

Post by shaman »

I honestly dislike where this is going, getting total A2MT vibe from this. If this take too long, just make simpler stuff (dialogue boxes within gameplay and whatnot) for the story and that's it.

We're not professionals, this is not a super serious project, so I think this is not worth delaying MORE the game for.
is this videogames?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

If you can't summarise the cutscene in a SMW-style post-castle textbox, the story is too complicated for a platformer and will most likely just come across as wanky.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

It would really help if either one of them posted an update.
Menshay

Post by Menshay »

Doctor Shemp wrote:SMW-style post-castle textbox
This might actually be a nice replacement idea if the whole thing is really taking so long, especially if those cutscenes are the only major part left to do.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Menshay wrote:
This might actually be a nice replacement idea if the whole thing is really taking so long, especially if those cutscenes are the only major part left to do.
I'm still waiting on the Overworld at least three towns, and a soundpack update that at least includes the super leek jingle as game-beat.mp3, so it's not the only major thing left to do.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

SAJewers wrote:
Menshay wrote:
I'm still waiting on the Overworld at least three towns, and a soundpack update that at least includes the super leek jingle as game-beat.mp3, so it's not the only major thing left to do.
Oh shit, forgot about that. I've got a busy schedule at the moment so things keep dropping out of my head. I'll get a soundpack update done today.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I am interested in making SMBX cutscenes.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

sure I can do a scene or two...
Image Image
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Ok here are the cutscenes that need to get done. Feel free to pick and chose, post bellow wich ones you are interested in doing.Try to be surreal with them and give sheath very little dialogue.
Start of world 2 cutscene:
The characters discuss where the super leek may be found. Kood reveals that there is one super per dimension and that Demo's master must have previously used the superleeks installed in the ship to travel inter-dimensionally. When questioned about the dimension kood originated from kood states that all he remember is that something bad happened along with random trivia regarding superleeks and dimensional travel. Feed then suddenly appears and states that when kood teleported in the other kood they already knew was sent back to the dimension the new kood traveled from. No one questions why Feed (who they refer to as Stephen) appeared and act like she was there the whole time. The gang then thank her and continue on their way.

End of world 2 cutscene:
A parody of some Zelda ending cutscene, go wild, be stupid.

Start of world 3 cutscene:
The cutscene is set up like a cliche 60s western. Demo then finds the super leek only for it to be taken by the frog king, she and the gang give chase.

End of world 3 cutscene:
It is revealed that the whole world was a broadway musical and demo wins a Tony award for her performance. The characters all come together to sing a reprise of the lullaby.

Start of world 4 cutscene:
A newscaster explains the life story of objectivist Johnson McCain. He goes over his past military and financial achivements but never shows McCain himself.

End of world 6 cutscene:
Pily talks to the gang and explains the origin of demo, iris and the siblings. Pily is voiced by maiku wataharu for this scene and the narration is accompanied by artwork of the different siblings, me and darkychao will look into this one.

End of world 8 cutscene:
This one is going to be made by me and darkychao. It turns out that science was only trying to help the whole time but Pandamona intervenes killing most of the cast and causing the universe to collapse. Sheath, Science and Kood (who is flung off into space) are the only survivors science gives sheath an item to escape to a dimension similar to the previous one and dies.

End of world 9 cutscene:
Characters walk through zebraspace for 15 minutes sajewers appears and gets angry at them for a disappointing cutscene and threatens to remove the following: plot, cutscenes, characters, Everything regarding the siblings, Intro levels, Towns, Talkhaus NPCs, text, levels, the overworld map, custom graphics, Luna Dll, worlds 6 through 8, significant portions of the hex code, all non Giana Sisters music and sheath as a playable character if the cutscene isn't made better. Doctor shemp agrees. The characters comply and Carltheshivans demo dance video plays followed by a black screen that says "FIN" in white comic sans.
Last edited by Demolition 10 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

So, based on the descriptions of those cutscenes, we're looking at a 2016 release date right?
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'll start making the start of world 4 cutscene.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

an early cutscene wrote:
feed
omg
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I could make a
parody of a Zelda ending cutscene.
It wouldn't be that hard.

PS: that means I'm making that cutscene. Nobody else needs to bother doing anything with it.
Last edited by KingTwelveSixteen 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

In EoW 4 cutscene version I have, event "talk four" is missing a trigger event. It makes the cutscene stuck. I hope it's fixed already. Someone should also spell check all of the cutscenes.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

EoW 9 seems easy enough. Guess ill help with that then...
Image Image
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Willhart wrote:In EoW 4 cutscene version I have, event "talk four" is missing a trigger event. It makes the cutscene stuck. I hope it's fixed already. Someone should also spell check all of the cutscenes.
I can check the spelling and the grammar. I'm good at that and I've already done all the towns. Give me the links and I'll start.