(shouting)

A2MBXT - Graphics

The second SMBX collab!
Money

Re: ASMBXT - Graphics

Post by Money »

So uh hate to be all autismal johnny here but is there any real reason there wasn't a replacement for the Piranha Plants. Cuz I'm sure there was one in A2MT. In fact, here, have another that was posted a long time ago that could be used as like another variation or something.

Looking through the graphics there's other things that didn't get replaced that had replacements as well, like Bob-ombs, Thwomps, one Spiny variation (it could be red or something), Podoboo, Both Lakitus (the SMB3 version may need some editing), and Venus Fire Trap (I'm pretty sure it had a replacement in a couple levels). Sooo yeah. Butts.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

MoneyMan wrote:So uh hate to be all autismal johnny here but is there any real reason there wasn't a replacement for the Piranha Plants. Cuz I'm sure there was one in A2MT. In fact, here, have another that was posted a long time ago that could be used as like another variation or something.

Looking through the graphics there's other things that didn't get replaced that had replacements as well, like Bob-ombs, Thwomps, one Spiny variation (it could be red or something), Podoboo, Both Lakitus (the SMB3 version may need some editing), and Venus Fire Trap (I'm pretty sure it had a replacement in a couple levels). Sooo yeah. Butts.
If someone wants to go through and make up replacements for things we never replaced in ASMBXT, be it graphics, sounds, music, whatever, then I'll gladly add it to the devkit.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Money

Post by Money »

I guess I'll do that when I have some spare time.

Also can I suggest that Banzai Bills be like Big Boos, where each level that has one has a different one?
TRS

Post by TRS »

darkychao wrote:
TRS wrote:Big Boo request incoming!

I need some big boo graphics, the purpose of which I cannot mention because it is absolutely spoilers*SPOILERS*. I need it to look like a cashier.

Here's a reference *SPOILERS*
images that break when quoted because they're attachments
I decided to make the boo a "friendly" NPC who approaches you to ask if you need assistance. So I edited the graphics to made him not look shy, just creepy. Also I shaded the vest because it had no shading.
npc-44.gif
npc-44m.gif

EDIT: I apparently messed up the mask somehow. Anyway, it's fixed, along with a couple of other small edits.
Last edited by TRS 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Bit of a hefty graphical request but:
I need help making the water look electrocuted...
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Graphics request here... nothing that should be to hard.. at least I don't think.
I need the background from the 3rd level of Battletoads on NES (Turbo Tunnel). Also, if possible, the speeder bike from the same level without anyone in it. (Unless you guys are awesome enough to be able to shove Demo in there)

I just have no idea how to properly rip graphics off a video game without having it look bad.
Edit: OCD me needing to capitalize names.
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Found these in Custom Graphic Pack
npc-162.gif
npc-162m.gif
and thought it'd be nice to have a squashed toad rex thingy. I'm not an artist, so could anyone help? Any more mario good guys as enemies would be good too.
Edit: Kind of like the enemy toads from Bowser's Last Stand, actually.
Last edited by Mikkofier 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

So
A lot of people liked that Keith Courage level in ASMBXT. I'm thinking of making a sequel, but need some help ripping enemy graphics. anyone wanna help?
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Would anyone have a good suggestion for an old factory background? I'm thinking something with big cogs, or misc machinary in the background like pistols. Animated would be a plus.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:So
A lot of people liked that Keith Courage level in ASMBXT. I'm thinking of making a sequel, but need some help ripping enemy graphics. anyone wanna help?
Asking again. Would really like some help with this.
kil3

Post by kil3 »

SAJewers wrote:
That level was one of my favs, but it was too short and easy for me. I'd just like to see you explore the idea more. But yeah, I can't help rip graphics so lol.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

kil3 wrote:
SAJewers wrote:
That level was one of my favs, but it was too short and easy for me. I'd just like to see you explore the idea more. But yeah, I can't help rip graphics so lol.
I plan to.
DeadlyLampshade

Post by DeadlyLampshade »

I decided I'll try to enter a level into A2MBXT, although I can't guarantee anything, here's something you can expect.
(I'll probably make this sprite a replacement for the Big Bullet Bill, since making it an actual giant beet glitches the game)
"If you want to be taken seriously in the great modern world of ours, you'll need to learn how to face facts, by charging at them with a hammer or a screwdriver, freaking plunging it in the wall, and people will ask you, "what the hell are you doing?", you don't even answer them, you just keep on plugging at the wall, once you get rid of your house in that fashion you'll probably be commited, and you'll be set for life!"
-raocow
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

So I planned to make a level in which you play as Nevada but now I'm not sure so here are some so-so sprites for folks to maybe use. Two of the pulling things up sprites might need a little fixing.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I made a boss that I think might fit Science pretty well, but I'm not sure I could do convining graphics that well. I don't even know where to get Science Graphics.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13539&start=225#p173691
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

Ok, I have a silly request.

I'm planning on making a boss-type thing, but I'm untalented when it comes to art.
Long story short, I need a few enemies to look like yukkuris (your choice of character)[1] [2] [3]. I need sprite replacements for the shy guys (NPC 19 and 20 & effect 17 and 18 [32x32]), the shopping cart (NPC 164 & effect 87 [resized to aprox 96x96]), and possibly more.
I know this is asking a lot, but it should pay off. I don't expect anyone to help until I've finished the level in question, just putting this out there to have it be known. Thank you in advance.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Yo how do I make Demo go IN FRONT of a background object?
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

BeatBoxingBoo wrote:Yo how do I make Demo go IN FRONT of a background object?
You don't use a foreground object
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

darkychao wrote:
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:Yo how do I make Demo go IN FRONT of a background object?
You use a foreground object
Fixed. :|

The brown ropes that hold up the crystal thingies is the first thing that pops into my head for something to replace...
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

... But if you use a foreground object, Demo will go behind the thing. He wants her to go in front of it.

Unless that's a pretty serious typo.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

XutaWoo wrote:... But if you use a foreground object, Demo will go behind the thing. He wants her to go in front of it.

Unless that's a pretty serious typo.
Bluh. I is stupid. :?
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

I'm even stupider for not realizing that tiles that go in front of Demo in the editor don't necessarily always do it in the actual game.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Could somebody please regraphic
the SMB3 Bowser as Super Dimentio? A lot of work, yeah. Chances are I'll end up doing it myself, but I'm not so hot at sprite art.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

OK, I lied, there is no way in hell that I'm going to get this done myself. I implore somebody who knows what they're doing to have a crack at it because otherwise I'm buggered!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

dr_kraid wrote:Could somebody please regraphic
the SMB3 Bowser as Super Dimentio? A lot of work, yeah. Chances are I'll end up doing it myself, but I'm not so hot at sprite art.
I tried.
Here is something. Hope it helps.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-766 ... o.rar.html