(shouting)

LunaDLL/LunaLUA help thread

The second SMBX collab!
Kil

Re: LunaDLL help thread

Post by Kil »

It works but you must use a transparency color. In that code it's set to DC00FF which is this pink color
Attachments
test.png
test.png (420 Bytes) Viewed 3839 times
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

Kil wrote:It works but you must use a transparency color. In that code it's set to DC00FF which is this pink color
Great to hear! With this i can make some real cool stuff! Thx Kil.
TADAA!

Kil

Post by Kil »

wow

I hope people can make some cool HUDs like that
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

One question,is it possible to draw the score/coins/Star/Life numbers at a custom position?
(Maybe using Variables for drawing a text for coins and etc and then hiding the original hud?)
EDIT:
I got this now:

Now i only need the memory data code (or whatever its called) for the star ammount and the score!
Do you know these kil?
Oh and is there any way to prevent the TEXT and the Timer to disappear when you hit a Text Block and/or pause the game?
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Why is it every time someone figures out something new to do with LunaDLL, it ends up being amazing? I wonder if with this someone would be able to make a custom HUD layout for A2MBXT Episode 2 and onwards?

Also, question: Will Episode 2 be updated with version 8, or will it still use version 7? I'm wondering because I see all of these new things between the two versions and I'm kind of interested in seeing what could be done with them, especially after seeing those two videos showing off some version 8 stuff.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

I made a tutorial for the hud dingy:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 318#p73318
tigermoon
Location: Is crazy a location? If so, I've been here for ages. :3

Post by tigermoon »

Validon98 wrote:Why is it every time someone figures out something new to do with LunaDLL, it ends up being amazing?
All I really know how to do is make SMW Koopas undergo mitosis when you jump on them. Or make Wart spit out random stuff. No idea how anything cool could be done with that. :lol:
WARNING: User is known for stupid ideas. Listen at your own risk.
... I prefer the one where you compare yourself to gremlins...
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

Wait a moment...using the LoadPic function and a few looping timers,i think we can make some Weather Effects! I gonna try that out now.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

I keep finding myself wanting to write a language called LunaScript with more readable C-style syntax that compiles down to LunaDLL code. It's a pity I don't have time, though.
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

This might come in handy later...
(This will easily make lunadll.txt files ! (Totaly a wip now))

Edit:
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Ooooh, how close is that to being done?
Kil

Post by Kil »

Hoeloe wrote:I keep finding myself wanting to write a language called LunaScript with more readable C-style syntax that compiles down to LunaDLL code. It's a pity I don't have time, though.
I'm thinking about it too. Maybe I'll try it after I re-read a book or two on compilers and parsing.
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

Kil do you maybe know this?
Now i only need the memory data code (or whatever its called) for the star ammount and the score!
Do you know these kil?
Oh and is there any way to prevent the TEXT and the Timer to disappear when you hit a Text Block and/or pause the game?
Oh and:
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Ooh did you get the Dino torch, super koopa, and parachute Goomba working?
Darkchaox100

Post by Darkchaox100 »

TiKi wrote:Ooh did you get the Dino torch, super koopa, and parachute Goomba working?
Uh no,thats just the Background for the NPC tab.
But i think its possible to do all of this npcs.
ALSO:
Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Post by Kevsoft »

Kil wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:I keep finding myself wanting to write a language called LunaScript with more readable C-style syntax that compiles down to LunaDLL code. It's a pity I don't have time, though.
I'm thinking about it too. Maybe I'll try it after I re-read a book or two on compilers and parsing.
Instead of making a own script interpreter, why not use lua? It might has other code-style but still it is powerful and easy on the same time!
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Wow, Darkchao, that tool looks like it's coming along really well! What language/IDE are you using?

I love the visual design there, though it looks like you have some transparency issues with those backgrounds. You'll want to make sure that you flatten the image into a single layer before setting the opacity.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Kevsoft wrote:
Kil wrote:
Instead of making a own script interpreter, why not use lua? It might has other code-style but still it is powerful and easy on the same time!
The ideal would be to have a Turing complete scripting language such as Lua or C able to run arbitrary code between frames of the engine. This is, as it currently stands, not quite possible when compiling to LunaDLL.
Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Post by Kevsoft »

Hoeloe wrote: The ideal would be to have a Turing complete scripting language such as Lua or C able to run arbitrary code between frames of the engine. This is, as it currently stands, not quite possible when compiling to LunaDLL.
Although you cannot implement any complex, there is still the lack of variables, functions, if-statements, ect... I think lua could solve that, even with the limitations.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Kevsoft wrote:Although you cannot implement any complex, there is still the lack of variables, functions, if-statements, ect... I think lua could solve that, even with the limitations.
No, it couldn't, because it would have to be compiled down to LunaDLL code. All I'm talking about is a more readable language that generates LunaDLL, which means that if you can't do it with LunaDLL as it currently is, you won't be able to with a different language. I'm not talking about adding features to it, just having an interpreter that is more user-friendly.
Kil

Post by Kil »

Yes. For now you can actually do that with C though.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Kil wrote:Yes. For now you can actually do that with C though.
Yes. I should work out how to do that, it would open up a lot of avenues in my level design.
Kil

Post by Kil »

The obvious bad thing is that you have to recompile a new lunadll every time you want to change something.
Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Wohlstand »

We now working with own SMBX-compatible game engine (engine part for play games, is a second part of project with our editor for SMBX), and we will make integrated script interpreter to manipulate with game play like LunaDLL is hacking RAM of SMBX, but this is not hack, it is an open API scripting, and because our project is open source, you can join to help us with LunaDLL API for our engine (it should be fully compatible with SMBX's LunaDLL). And Kevsoft is right, Lua is easier for use, and make lua scripting isn't difficult ;-)
With using liblua you can bind some C++ functions and you can make any scripts with them. Also you can use luabind which giving FULL access into your C++ application API.

For example, Hedgewars game using Lua scripting for program missions, game styles, campaigns, etc.

Note: instead Visual C++ we are using the MinGW, because we programming cross-platform (not only for Windows), and our engine will be available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS.