(shouting)

LunaDLL/LunaLUA help thread

The second SMBX collab!
Kil

Re: LunaDLL help thread

Post by Kil »

WestonSmith wrote:Out of curiosity, for those of us who are fairly inexperienced with LundaDLL (fairly being "totally" and inexperienced meaning "hopeless"), can LunaDLL be used in conjunction with the World Map? For instance, having the ability to prevent a player from entering a completed level, ala SMB3 or the Switch Palaces in SMW?
Nope. No part of lunadll can run during the overworld at all, in fact it's completely powerless unless you're in a level or loading a level
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Kil

Post by Kil »

TiKi wrote:So I was thinking of making Larry's magic turn into chasing Paragoombas, but how would I set the spawned Paragoombas to "chase" mode?
Don't they need to be a certain ID to determine whether or not they're in chase mode?
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Kil wrote:
TiKi wrote:So I was thinking of making Larry's magic turn into chasing Paragoombas, but how would I set the spawned Paragoombas to "chase" mode?
Don't they need to be a certain ID to determine whether or not they're in chase mode?
I thought they were all npc-244?
Kil

Post by Kil »

I'm like the last person who would know the specifics really. You'll have to experiment.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Darn.
Could someone fluent with Cheat Engine see if npc-244 has anything that determines whether or not it's in Jump, Fly Horizotal, Fly Vertical, or Chase mode? And if so, could you please tell me what to put in SetNPCMemory?
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Huh, the default paragoomba Larry shoots is... the chasing one! Thanks!
Is there a way to use this to change the framespeed of effects?
Also, is it possible to modify the size of npc-254 using lunadll?
LukasSMBX

Post by LukasSMBX »

Is there any way to make a starman?
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Man, lunadll just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.

Can't wait to see what it's like by the end of A2MBXT: Episode 3.
Kil

Post by Kil »

LukasSMBX wrote:Is there any way to make a starman?
Kinda. It will be possible if anyone finds the memory location which control the invincibility cheat. Then

1. Trigger the cheat on
2. Trigger the star sparkle effect on player
3. Make some timers which switch all this behavior on and off
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Is there a way to use this to change the framespeed of effects?
Also, is it possible to modify the size of npc-254 using lunadll?
Please help
Also: I think Chad found the invincibility code
PlayerMemSet,0,0x122,0,0,0,w
KingTwelveSixteen

But for a correct starman don't you also have to kill all enemies when you touch them?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:But for a correct starman don't you also have to kill all enemies when you touch them?
This. What you're describing would really be more of a "ghost mode" powerup. Actually, if you could make the player turn pure black like a shadow rather than strobing then it would be the perfect visual look for a ghost mode where you can walk straight through enemies.
KingTwelveSixteen

Hm. If you want a working starman powerup placing invisible player-thrown-hammers on top of the player characters direct location would work, though you'd have to get a bit tricky dealing with big vs. small stuff.

It could probably work though.
Kil

Post by Kil »

You could also have invisible lava follow you around or something. There's lots of ways to do the enemy killing thing, but the invincibility part is kind of hard until the memory location is found out
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Kil wrote:You could also have invisible lava follow you around or something. There's lots of ways to do the enemy killing thing, but the invincibility part is kind of hard until the memory location is found out
Does
Not work for invincibility?
Also wouldn't lava not "chain" the enemies similar to a koopa shell?
Kil

Post by Kil »

TiKi wrote:
Kil wrote:You could also have invisible lava follow you around or something. There's lots of ways to do the enemy killing thing, but the invincibility part is kind of hard until the memory location is found out
Does
Not work for invincibility?
Maybe
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

Sliding chains enemies like a starman when you slide into them, right? Then again, sliding doesn't kill nearly as many enemy types as the hammer, which also has chainability.

Could a single invisible hammer be spawned, given some form of extra tag in the memory for LunaDLL to scan for, then glued to the player/s and resized separate from any other hammer NPCs? Maybe attach it to some fake layer name like "IMASTARMAN" that would never be used by a normal person?
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Is the variables that set the npc-254's height and width known yet? I was thinking of modifying them for a custom playable.
Kil

Post by Kil »

I don't know if it'll work

Weird stuff happened whenever I tried to change the hitbox of anything
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Ok. Thanks anyways!
Is there a way to make SMW stars "not count"? I was going to use some for "multiple midpoints", but the number of stars in my episode is heavily controlled. (6 in all)
...hmm... Could the stars variable be subtracted by one when you collect npc-196, so it would even out?
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I have a very easy to use but powerful suggestion:

Since if you make a SMB axe that's set to friendly but has no text neither the Death event nor the Talk event will ever be able to be called and people use the SMB axe as a trigger zone you should make it so that if you have a friendly SMB axe with no text the following happens:

The event specified for the death event is triggered every time the player enters the bounding box of the axe (and not again until they leave and come back).

The event specified for the talk event gets called every frame that the player is touching the axe.

Don't forget to make sure the axe isn't on a hidden layer though.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

That's pretty cool - a repeating event. How do I use this exactly for multiple checkpoints though? Sorry if you were talking to someone else and I misinterpreted.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

So I was trying to make a fire bro (hammer bro throwing nohurt=0 fireballs), but the fireballs kill the Hammer Bro before they actually go out. I tried it with Snifit too. What do I do now?
EDIT: wait, never mind, the fireballs don't hurt Mario either. Back to the drawing board
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

TiKi wrote:So I was trying to make a fire bro (hammer bro throwing nohurt=0 fireballs), but the fireballs kill the Hammer Bro before they actually go out. I tried it with Snifit too. What do I do now?
EDIT: wait, never mind, the fireballs don't hurt Mario either. Back to the drawing board
Try making the hammer bro fire immune. Although I think that won't let it launch either way. Try respriting a Twitter into a fireball and let the Hamm bro launch that.

Btw, is there a way to make textboxes automatically go to the next textbox?
Image Image
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Mabel wrote:
TiKi wrote:So I was trying to make a fire bro (hammer bro throwing nohurt=0 fireballs), but the fireballs kill the Hammer Bro before they actually go out. I tried it with Snifit too. What do I do now?
Try making the hammer bro fire immune. Although I think that won't let it launch either way. Try respriting a Twitter into a fireball and let the Hamm bro launch that.

Btw, is there a way to make textboxes automatically go to the next textbox?
Just make a sign's "talk" event trigger the second text box if you're using a sign, or if you're using a event, make said event trigger the next text box event.