(shouting)

A2MBXT - Sounds & Music

The second SMBX collab!
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A2MBXT - Sounds & Music

Post by Voltgloss »

SAJewers wrote: #2 I have no idea.This is the best I can come up with. Maybe I'll just use Mabel's idea if I can get a source.
What about this? There seem to be a wide variety of remixes available.

EDIT: Or perhaps this?

EDIT x2: Or maybe this.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Not sure if those exactly fit, but maybe.

Also, is anyone keeping track of songs that have been flagged by ContentID, so we can have a list?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

silly me, I forgot to post a source, I was in quite a rush this morning(it still hasnt been flagged)
It was March of Motherland

anyways, heres the update to the level with the new music included for #2
http://puu.sh/8FVER.rar
Image Image
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

ok so the first one in that vid is part of the Sounds of the Supermarket song used in the late half of the relay level. strangely enough, only half of the song is flagged(3 and a half minutes into the song). This one can be salvaged just by cutting the length of the song in the folder in half and looping the first half.

I do have a list of what songs were already changed due to ID issues(the ones I found anyway)if you want that. Are there any songs that haven't been replaced yet?
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

It'd be great to keep a running list of music that can't be used. Also, might be a good idea to start posting music that should be fine, so we have a list of potential music to use/examples of what and what not to use.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Mabel wrote:ok so the first one in that vid is part of the Sounds of the Supermarket song used in the late half of the relay level. strangely enough, only half of the song is flagged(3 and a half minutes into the song). This one can be salvaged just by cutting the length of the song in the folder in half and looping the first half.
Really? Supermarket music from the 70s is flagged? Who does it say owns it? I'd love to know in case I can find a higher quality version.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

docopoper wrote:
Mabel wrote:ok so the first one in that vid is part of the Sounds of the Supermarket song used in the late half of the relay level. strangely enough, only half of the song is flagged(3 and a half minutes into the song). This one can be salvaged just by cutting the length of the song in the folder in half and looping the first half.
Really? Supermarket music from the 70s is flagged? Who does it say owns it? I'd love to know in case I can find a higher quality version.
Its "AdRev for a 3rd Party" so It doesn't say exactly who(this was a case for another song awhile ago too)
Image Image
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Well, either way it's fine cropping the second half of the song. The track is actually two distinct songs stuck together and you'll almost never hear the second one given the length of the section (I actually forgot it was there when including the song).
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I was thinking yesterday that if anything in the game warrants original music it would be the siblings. So, with that in mind, I wrote something intended for Garish (though you could use it for a different sibling if you preferred). It could be something to consider if not for this episode then for the next one. Although depending on the release date and whether you're prepared to update after that, it could certainly be possible to do one for each sibling for this episode. I'm getting ahead of myself here though, since obviously it depends on whether you think this one is any good.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01iZT ... sp=sharing
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

As far as Creative Commons licence music is concerned, have you tried Jamendo, Magnatunes or even Newgrounds? I found an 8-bit Soviet Anthem on Newgrounds if worse comes to worse. Can't remember the link, but it should be pretty easy to find.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:I was thinking yesterday that if anything in the game warrants original music it would be the siblings. So, with that in mind, I wrote something intended for Garish (though you could use it for a different sibling if you preferred). It could be something to consider if not for this episode then for the next one. Although depending on the release date and whether you're prepared to update after that, it could certainly be possible to do one for each sibling for this episode. I'm getting ahead of myself here though, since obviously it depends on whether you think this one is any good.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01iZT ... sp=sharing
Just got around to listening to this finally. I actually think this might be a good idea. I don't know if we want to chance Science's music though (any of the three forms). We could.

Also, I still like the 8 bit Nirvana, so maybe do a SNES Nirvava remix or something?

EDIT: Also, a slow reprise of this for use in EOW 4 would be nice, if possible.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Garish (fixed version: please redownload)
Garish (Slow Reprise)
Nevada (not sure if this is better than the existing remix)

Thanks to alex I've gotten some good info on the siblings' personalities and I know what I want to write now. Either Calleoca or Pandamona should be next.
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Garish (fixed version: please redownload)
Garish (Slow Reprise)
Nevada (not sure if this is better than the existing remix)

Thanks to alex I've gotten some good info on the siblings' personalities and I know what I want to write now. Either Calleoca or Pandamona should be next.
Both Pandamona(I think) and Calleoca are both already using original songs. Id say whip something up for W5 Science next and then Misha
Image Image
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Actually yeah Calleoca already has something original. I can't tell for Pandamona since the ID3 tags are all blank. I'll have a go at Science or Mishi then.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

I should've said this back when Superb Demo Sisters was in its early stages, but I just wanted to say that the composer for the SMB1 Overworld and Castle replacements (SharkNurse according to the files) did a really swell job; Overworld is super-duper pleasant and the Castle is a really cool castle theme.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Oh, and I know Mishi's already using an original track, but it's a level track that gets used elsewhere anyway and it's not very boss-like.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Actually yeah Calleoca already has something original. I can't tell for Pandamona since the ID3 tags are all blank. I'll have a go at Science or Mishi then.
If you do music for Final Boss Science, then you'll need a reprise for SOW6-8, as according to Demolition, the music in SOW 6-8 is a slowed down version of the Final Science Music.

Also, if it helps, this is A2MT final boss music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9asrRTteEGI

Maybe do something similar, a rock medley of A2XT Music?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Let's party like it's the early 90s in the UK with Science's music! Fuck yeah TB-303.

That A2MT final boss music is so good. I'll see if I can get a MIDI of it to remix it instead of trying to replace it.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Is that for Miniboss Science, or Pseudoscience?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Both, I guess. Might as well reuse it. Otherwise the one where the whole level is Science. I've lost track of the names.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Pily fight does not need new music in my opinion.
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

that midpoint sound in A2MT sounds great lets use it ok
Image Image
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Mabel wrote:that midpoint sound in A2MT sounds great lets use it ok
If you can find a copy of it with no background music, sure.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:
Mabel wrote:that midpoint sound in A2MT sounds great lets use it ok
If you can find a copy of it with no background music, sure.
I actually just downloaded the ips and checked. It's the same as the default.