40%
Overworld map
60%

Total votes: 86

Bryux

Re: A2MBXT Discussion Thread

Post by Bryux »

ztarwuff wrote:
Heroic_Nudity wrote:Hello everyone. I'm some rando that over the last 4 or 5 months watched practically all of raocow's vids and am interested in participating in a collab of somesort. Is it too late to work on a level for this one?
What Brux said. (Damn, beaten to the punch!)

Word of warning: don't try to match the difficult of other people's levels like I did. I ended up creating a World 8 difficulty level on my first go, thinking that was the default difficulty for the collab. Turns out, the levels I was comparing mine against were just plain bad (they didn't make the cut).
How dare you mispell my name???
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

If people are afraid of the siblings being 'passé' for the sequel game, obviously what I have to do is design the 8 evil magic uncles

episode 3 has the 8 neighbours.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

But then we'd have to go and make a game where you play as Uncle Broadsword.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Making Uncle Hallways would give us something to do while the levels are being selected and ordered.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Only one person thinks the siblings are passé and that person's alternative is la pire idée qui a été proposée, to pretentiously lapse into French mid-sentence.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

Yeah, I like keeping the siblings as the main antagonists or at least as significant antagonists.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Reusing/ remaking old bossfights would not be as much fun.
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

You hardly have to do that; the siblings are pretty versatile. Though I guess it would be cooler to have a new set of main antagonists and just kept the siblings.

But please, not ATXS. Please. I don't know them at all and they are too defined to make up characters from scratch.

Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The original siblings could stilll be there on the background. Also..
If the main antagonist of episode 2 was

Forozelar

I'd see him side with a bit older siblings.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I think that each sibling's character is diverse enough to get whole new bossfights out of them. If we genuinely can't then we could always steal A2MT's idea of having boss castles with no actual boss in them even if that was just the result of them never getting around to actually doing the bosses. Maybe the story could be that the siblings are missing for some reason. Still, I think we could get new bossfights out of the same bosses. SMB, SMB3 and SMW all had very different bossfights for the same boss (Bowser).

Here's some ideas using the character notes from http://asmtinfo.tk/page/story:
Pily: disco shell riding over lava to catch Pily who's swimming along in it throwing projectiles behind her.

Mishi: series of reskinned fireproof SMB1 Bowsers; each time you touch the axe you're teleported to another fight with different terrain and background until you defeat the real one (the earlier ones are illusions)

Pandamona: reskinned Boom-Boom. To reach her you must get past searchlights that turn on and off. Stepping inside an illuminated area releases enemies (use invisible axes with light beam backgrounds, both of them switching on and off, to achieve this)

Nevada: reskinned giant piranha plant that also shoots vegetables out somehow (not sure of the technicalities). Defeat him with grab blocks to make him appear from another pipe. Defeat three to make him appear as a fire-spitting piranha plant (again with vegetable shooting). Defeat that to win. The arena should have lots of thorny plants that hurt on contact.

Garish: climb to the top of Garish's giant death robot while it shoots lasers etc. at you. When you reach the top, Garish is a reskinned goomba who goes down in one hit.

Science: SHMUP fight like Abstract Assault.

Calleoca: Boss gauntlet of devkit bosses but each with just one eye.
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

That sounds hella limiting. Where is the progression?
Demo already fights some of them multiple times in episode 1.
Edit: On contrary, if episode 2 is shorter than episode 1, then there is likely not enought space for more antagonists. Peopple might have easier time making the levels for younger siblings too, whitch means we could archieve greater character development with them.
Last edited by Willhart 9 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

docopoper wrote:But then we'd have to go and make a game where you play as Uncle Broadsword.
Make him the final boss.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I wonder if there'd still be time for me to start reviewing....
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

There totally is.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I'm going to redownload the game from scratch, where do I go?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Download and extract this (The Base Game) First: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxtd6 ... nstall.exe

Then Download and extract this (The Full archive for Episode 1): http://www.mediafire.com/download/tknn2 ... isode1.exe

Finally, Download and extract this (An Update to the Episode 1 Stuff): http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf6nw ... _Update.7z
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

"A2MBXTBaseInstall.exe is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it."

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

pholtos wrote:"A2MBXTBaseInstall.exe is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it."
False positive. Try with Firefox.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

pholtos wrote:"A2MBXTBaseInstall.exe is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it."
Doctor Shemp wrote:False positive. Try with Firefox.
SAJewers wrote:Download and extract this (The Base Game) First: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxtd6 ... nstall.exe

Then Download and extract this (The Full archive for Episode 1): http://www.mediafire.com/download/tknn2 ... isode1.exe
Could someone just upload these as actual archives rather than self-extractor .EXEs, they're a lot easier for everyone to deal with.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the base game is an EXE so that it can also install the correct Windows files needed for LunaDLL to run.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Doctor Shemp wrote:I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the base game is an EXE so that it can also install the correct Windows files needed for LunaDLL to run.
Yes, that's why.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm banned from the story thread so I'll just leave this here. I had some time without anything going on at work last night and I had finished my book, so I figured, why not. I put as much time and effort as I did with the original sibblings - they look 'more different' though, because since they are from a previous generation, their overall designs where less streamlined back then.
uncles.png
uncles.png (34.85 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
Also, if you guys are afraid that fighting the sibblings 'again' can become trite, what about making them team-up? I think it would be interesting to see them combining their strengths, having learned from part1 how going at it alone isn't doing much for them.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raoooooo oo o o

more official space demon alien minion things makes me REALLLY happy
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Uncle Broadsword is the most stylin' guy ever.
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Hahaha! Oh, they fit the randomness of this universe so well. And we can't just not use them now. Good thing the plot for Episode 2 is so utterly up in the air. They must be brought in! It sounds so much better to have original characters than just stealing loads of characters from other games to make a plot.

You should colour them raocow and give them a tiny personality description so that they can become full fledged characters. :D (make sure to give them powers of some kind for the sake of boss fights)

Aww, I really want to work with these characters. Yay!

(If uncle rewind has time control powers I am so going to make a boss for him, though don't let that influence you since I can come up with ideas easily enough)