(shouting)

Episode 1: Post Levels Here

The second SMBX collab!
Demolition

Re: A2MBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by Demolition »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote: Well, the first problem I see is that there is no way off the little building you start on except committing suicide.

Should probably fix that.
What level did you play? This is how my level starts:
Nobuilding.png
Nobuilding.png (64.83 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Demolition wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote: Well, the first problem I see is that there is no way off the little building you start on except committing suicide.

Should probably fix that.
What level did you play? This is how my level starts:
Whoops. :oops:

Actual playing the game stuffs:
You can totally go fast enough in the first bit to reach the end while the voice is still talking. This makes two overlapping dialogues appear.

So atmospheric~

To answer the flesh goddess'es question, I used a flesh llama jump, obviously.

Iris is a jerkface and Pal is great. :evil:

I think this needs a midpoint in the big circle-flipping room place thing. Or maybe afterwards if the level keeps going.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Ya, the level is going to keep going quite a bit.
Do you have any feedback on the level design or enemy layout?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

A gimmick showcase for a possible future castle.
This is just an example. I'll still need to add more textures, invisible and fake spikes, some missing tiles, enemies, gameplay and decoration. It uses the properties of white masks to make illusions. I might also add a boss fight and some easy switch puzzles of some kind. Graphics are tedious to make.
Willhart-DarkPrince.rar
(37.81 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
KingTwelveSixteen

Willhart wrote:A gimmick showcase for a possible future castle.
This is just an example. I'll still need to add more textures, invisible and fake spikes, some missing tiles, enemies, gameplay and decoration. It uses the properties of white masks to make illusions. I might also add a boss fight and some easy switch puzzles of some kind. Graphics are tedious to make.
Willhart-DarkPrince.rar
That's really nice. You should make a level out of it.
KingTwelveSixteen

Here's another level I made. I made it mostly to try out this fancy Luna Lua thing that's going on, and it turns out Luna Lua is pretty sweet.

The boss isn't done yet, but I figured I should go ahead and post the level to get critique for the rest of it instead of waiting until the boss is finished to improve the rest of the level.

Imik's Castle
It's the castle of G. Imik, and it's about gimmicks!
Includes 3 distinct luna lua gimmick things, and 3 that are in default SMBX. (though one of the SMBX ones is really small)

The boss I'm going to add is going to be very gimmicky. I was thinking of making the boss host a quiz show. :P
Just go ahead and have a little lunadll fancy-style cut-scene there that changed into a game-show setting via layer stuffs. Press like: up, left, right, down, or jump to choose which dialogue thingy to say from a little list for each question. Most of them being possible answers to the questions asked, some being snarky nonsense that gets the boss mad at you.

Of course, I need some game-show (or similar) style graphics first, and I need to create the G. Imik character as well...
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Oh man, I made a level, guys!
Frolic features:
  1. A very early-game level
  2. Short but open, room to explore
  3. Raocoins, with a reward for getting them all at the end of the level
  4. A non-exit leek and a SMW goal exit
  5. A short cameo by good ol' "mix-and-match-wasteland-with-random-enemies", but with a twist!
  6. A happy piece of music for a happy level!
Oh, and I removed that one kicking goopa from crappy ol' Obstacle Course In a Cave
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

(1) Updated Sea Side Slumber
-The level hasn't chaned much
-Changed music to something shorter to match the level length
-Updated graphics
-Fixed the POW Block (no longer acts wonky on hit)
-Might add a hidden leak in the future
(2) Posted a super-duper WIP Night Light Fright
-Seriously, this has barely been tested
-The level is autoscroll, so the length had to effectively be cut in half to avoid player burnout
-On that same note, I might take out the autoscroll (not sure how much it really adds to the level)
-Haven't figured out a way to make coins appear in the foreground
-Haven't added in powerups yet (aside from the one at the start)
-The timing on the lights will probably change
-I had an alternate method of making the gimmick work, which I may try and use in a later level (it would require much greater work than what I've done here)
-Feedback on this level would be greatly appreciated... it needs a lot of work to fix it up
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Hey, so uh, after watching raocow play my level today (Depths of the Transcendental Dimension) I realized that for some reason the last section is unfinished. I'm referring to the super cutoff hole in the last section. Really not sure why I uploaded THAT of all things. I mean, I opened the level today and it was completely finished. Weird.

Well anyways, I decided that since the gun seems to make that last section fairly trivial, and since there's also a powerup, the skip hole is sort of obsolete, so I've just removed it. Hopefully that's all right.

Hopefully updating this is still all right and I'm doing everything properly, heh.

Here's the update.
Frozelar - Depths of the Transcendental Dimension (Update)

Or here's the entire level.
Frozelar - Depths of the Transcendental Dimension (Full)
shaman

Post by shaman »

For episode 2, post levels here from now on: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15031

I'll close this thread now!
is this videogames?