All fixed.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Re: A2MBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by Willhart »

Just Rusty! needs to have default mushroom graphics.
mushrooms.rar
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:
Axon wrote:
Possible issues:
-"pseudoscience" is misspelled
-You can exit the level without collecting the giant leek
-The leek music doesn't play
All fixed.
OK, Uploaded the fixed version. Also, slight Aesthetic change to the Phase 2. Player Spawn is at the midpoint so people can easily test Phases 2 and 3 of the Final Boss. If you want to play the rest, move the spawn point back to Section 13.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwhu8 ... Battle.zip
Axon

Post by Axon »

I decided to adjust some things in some of my levels:

Ghosts in Space: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2db6wc4mnyfwu ... paceV6.rar
Changes:
Removed the text box because it's kind of superfluous and can desync the level/music timing.
Fun Times at the Laundromat: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bxvykao2k0n7 ... omatV9.rar
Changes:
-Lowered the volume of the elevator music.
-Changed some minor text.
Lightning in a box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4exk1xrs4ylwq ... ABoxV5.rar
Changes:
-Added lunadll mount filtering.
-Pandamona now takes 8 hits to defeat instead of 10.
-Added boss name and boss health texts.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:
just a thought, but what if we swapped phase 2 and 3? do the fireworks display at the start, them fight glass science, then mother brain science (resprited to look like the science graphic in world 4).
OK, what do you guys think of this?

SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Boy, I sure do love this new version of LunaDLL.

Download.

Still have to mess with the Phase 2 Science Text.

EDIT: I already know the Powerup Box issue, and fixed it.

EDIT2: OK, Reuploaded to fix the Powerup Box issue, and make the Phase 2 Science Text not appear on multiple tries.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

I updated town five a bit and made the cutscene thing its own level so you wont have to wait for it to load every time you start the level

https://www.mediafire.com/?74dqw8dwwaod222
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Updated the final level:

-Fixed MB graphic
-Hide the Donut Shooters when switching over from Glass to MB
-Allow bringing in NPCs to the Boss room, fixing a bug where you get hit
-Removed "..." in the text
-Change to the Demo/Iris room so demo can only use leaves and Iris can only use fire
-Fixed not being able to re-enter Kood's section after completing it
-Added more comments in LunaDll.txt
-The computer graphic is now npc-80 instead of background-16 (fixes use of Castle graphics in Sheath's Section)

Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

SAJewers wrote:Updated the final level:

-Fixed MB graphic
-Hide the Donut Shooters when switching over from Glass to MB
-Allow bringing in NPCs to the Boss room, fixing a bug where you get hit
-Removed "..." in the text
-Change to the Demo/Iris room so demo can only use leaves and Iris can only use fire
-Fixed not being able to re-enter Kood's section after completing it
-Added more comments in LunaDll.txt
-The computer graphic is now npc-80 instead of background-16 (fixes use of Castle graphics in Sheath's Section)

some stuff
1. the far left and right shooters in the now phase 2 dont move with the rest of the stage
2. that 1 second of wind before the music in phase 2 starts cuts off so abruptly, its really odd sounding
Image Image
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Though that second point would be fine if there was a textbox during that time since it wouldn't be so abrupt.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Again, someone would need to write the text there.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Some things about the Final Stage:
  • In the 1st boss room I'm thinking there should be some aesthetic changes to make it look a bit better.
    1. Change the background or the gray blocks so that it's easier to see the blocks as right now they blend in with the background.
    2. Change the wooden floor to something else, it just seems out of place at this point.
    3. Maybe make the grass/weapons more symmetrical with each other I guess (not sure about this one).
    4. Maybe change the graphic for the grass (again, not sure about this one).
  • Some other aesthetics we could change like in the rooms before each boss, just to make it look prettier.
  • While some might not agree, I still think raocow's section should be a tad longer, as it's pretty easy to beat it without any hassle (seems like World 2-ish), that or make it more difficult.
  • Might wanna add a secondary message box with the same message for when Demo encounters the Donut Shooters the 1st time, I keep on skipping it. Or make it so the message isn't automatic, and the player reads like at a computer or something: "EXPERIMENT 203 - GRABBABLE DONUTS" and then Demo talks to herself.
  • There's a lunadll glitch with the text that shows Science's health: When you beat the 1st phase, the next Science's health shows up but there's also another text being overlapped by it and it looks a bit strange. That's a bit nit-picky though.
  • In the Big Leek room, the hit box for the computer is off and you walk over it. (Also the leek appears way left and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the case.
  • Not sure if it was on purpose, but the door in the donut introduction room doesn't lead to the room with two leaves. Just wondering if that's gonna stay there or if the player has to beat the boss with one hit.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

This was posted here before, but it got lost when the Talkhaus went down. Since it looks like Episode 1 is winding down, I guess it's a decent time to re-post it:

http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/Hakugyokurou

It's kind of a weird level in that it is a remake of a danmaku stage without any real platforming, and it has to be played as small Demo/Iris because of the gameplay gimmick. So I'm not sure if it will really fit in this game, but if it does it would be nice to contribute.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Sturg wrote:Some things about the Final Stage:
  • In the 1st boss room I'm thinking there should be some aesthetic changes to make it look a bit better.
    1. Change the background or the gray blocks so that it's easier to see the blocks as right now they blend in with the background.
    2. Change the wooden floor to something else, it just seems out of place at this point.
    3. Maybe make the grass/weapons more symmetrical with each other I guess (not sure about this one).
    4. Maybe change the graphic for the grass (again, not sure about this one).
  • Some other aesthetics we could change like in the rooms before each boss, just to make it look prettier.
  • While some might not agree, I still think raocow's section should be a tad longer, as it's pretty easy to beat it without any hassle (seems like World 2-ish), that or make it more difficult.
  • Might wanna add a secondary message box with the same message for when Demo encounters the Donut Shooters the 1st time, I keep on skipping it. Or make it so the message isn't automatic, and the player reads like at a computer or something: "EXPERIMENT 203 - GRABBABLE DONUTS" and then Demo talks to herself.
  • There's a lunadll glitch with the text that shows Science's health: When you beat the 1st phase, the next Science's health shows up but there's also another text being overlapped by it and it looks a bit strange. That's a bit nit-picky though.
  • In the Big Leek room, the hit box for the computer is off and you walk over it. (Also the leek appears way left and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the case.
  • Not sure if it was on purpose, but the door in the donut introduction room doesn't lead to the room with two leaves. Just wondering if that's gonna stay there or if the player has to beat the boss with one hit.
Didn't notice the grapic swap affected that. Will change the BKG. Will also change the Wood Floor. Third point will do. 4th someone will have to make up a graphic.

Not sure what you mean here honestly, Bu I'll look into making things prettier.

I Honestly think the length of raocow and Kood's (maybe even Sheath's) sections should be doubled. Someone want to claim this?

Can make that change.

Not sure if that is even fixable.

Will look into fixing that.

That's on Purpose. You're automatically given fireballs at the start of the science fight (and then given leaves automatically st the start of Phase 3)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

OK, made some of your suggested changes. Someone's gonna have to extend the other sections.

MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Null
Last edited by MonkeyShrapnel 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Null
Last edited by MonkeyShrapnel 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Updated Monoland in response to feedback from SAJewers.
I think the loop in sections 9 and 11 doesn't sound too jarring now, but I'll let you be the judge
Last edited by Mikkofier 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Well, I had to change my level, Shroom Caves, due to the change in graphics package. Also noticed a few issues related to the gimmick and tried to fix it, but I'm worried that it still might not be fixed.

Shroom Caves

I just can't understand why the moving layer won't return to its original position.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Current progress on the EOW8 cutscene:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4c1pg ... u/EOW8.zip
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

Updated the Descent/Descend as the previous BGM was flagged with content ID:
Link
The new track is the same as the previous, but from the Genesis release of EWJ2 instead of the PSX one. The PSX version featured the "raw" track that was also featured on the Earthworm Jim Anthology Album, while the Genesis used a remixed version for the limitations of the system, so I'm guessing this might not get picked up by the ID system (or I am horrendously stupid and do not realise this doesn't change a single thing I don't know).

In a way this version suits the game much more than the PSX one, seeing how we're using SNES styled sprites, and the (majority of the) sound effects are semi-styled this way too. The music doesn't feel out of place with all its fanciness.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Unaniem wrote:Updated the Descent/Descend as the previous BGM was flagged with content ID:
Link
The new track is the same as the previous, but from the Genesis release of EWJ2 instead of the PSX one. The PSX version featured the "raw" track that was also featured on the Earthworm Jim Anthology Album, while the Genesis used a remixed version for the limitations of the system, so I'm guessing this might not get picked up by the ID system (or I am horrendously stupid and do not realise this doesn't change a single thing I don't know).

In a way this version suits the game much more than the PSX one, seeing how we're using SNES styled sprites, and the (majority of the) sound effects are semi-styled this way too. The music doesn't feel out of place with all its fanciness.
Why the Genesis version? Why not the SNES version?
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

SAJewers wrote:
Unaniem wrote:Updated the Descent/Descend as the previous BGM was flagged with content ID:
Link

Why the Genesis version? Why not the SNES version?
I feel like the Genesis version has a lot more 'pep' to it and feels generally more polished than the SNES version. The SNES version is rather...'noisy' in its instrumentation, if you get what I mean.

Sound engines are perhaps different, but it's still a track that was made with the limitations of the time, which to me still suits the graphical style in general, regardless if it was based on a SNES or a Genesis game.
Boar

Post by Boar »

whoa im late
you still accepting levels or do you have enough
there we go
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

We have enough levels for the first game (and a pretty large surplus) - but you can still submit a level for the next episode / a future episode. So yes - by all means go and make a level.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.