(shouting)

The Talkhaus presents... A Super Mario Bros. X Thing: Prelude To The Stupid!

The second SMBX collab!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Re: The Talkhaus presents... A Super Mario Bros. X Thing!

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I only recently started playing this and I've found that part of the third exit for Test Chamber M is broken. It appears the axes that trigger the event LiftStart don't work for some reason.

I used the main download link in the OP, and neither of the patches. Hopefully someone can replace this with a (maybe earlier) working version of the level.

Also, I haven't experienced any problems like this with any other level.

EDIT: It appears the issue is that there's only one axe to trigger LiftStart on the Lift1 layer, and I happened to miss it every time by way of talking to the Toad while still running to the side. Odd.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mattheww

Post by Mattheww »

Guys,It's my first time using the Talkhaus and i really don't know where I post my doubt here in the forum,but I have a problem with the game.
The problem is that the home page,where you put the password doesn't appear in the launcher application.Have a mathod to fix that?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

im pretty sure that site was lost in the talkhaustrohpae (an event when all the content on the raocow domain was lost and we had to revert to a backup from a couple months back, thus losing a couple months of talkhaus, everything.raocow, and also that site)

luckily, the passwords are never necessary for 100 percent completion
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

so those bonus vids were lost forever? Dangit, I didn't get to see them all...
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Sebby19 wrote:so those bonus vids were lost forever? Dangit, I didn't get to see them all...
They're still there, but people don't have the urls.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I think they were unlisted videos on raocow's channel? Or it might had been another one.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

darkychao wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:so those bonus vids were lost forever? Dangit, I didn't get to see them all...
They're still there, but people don't have the urls.
I have all the bonus vid urls + the videos downloaded on my computer.
Sturg wrote:I think they were unlisted videos on raocow's channel? Or it might had been another one.
They were unlisted on 8flight's youtube channel.
Wohlstand
Moondust and TheXTech developer
First name: Vitaly
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Wohlstand »

Hello people!

I think, is not good idea to bump this thread, but it's important:

I have a plan to make the section on the PGE site about games made on the PGE and a games made on the SMBX.
A first games which will appear in this site section are will be an ASMBXT and A2BMXT Episode 1 and then Episode 2 with detail information which will help people to learn about those games better than via huge maze in the forums and it's threads.

A2MBXT has no copyright problems now where we are did a lot of effort to remove copyright stuff with own CC. But first ASMBXT still has a lot of copyright music (and some legacy graphics), and I wanna replace entire music stuff with CC of similar genre/style/mood to used in a levels.

At first, everything of that has been collected by me here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Collected/ASMBX/

At second, we with SAJewers are think than is better to ask you to choice alternates to illegal musics to make ASMBXT be completely legal.
About default musics, sounds and graphics: there are will be replaced with modern A2MBXT stuff. ASMBXT will correctly work anyway on the modern LunaLUA-based SMBX Engine.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

When we say illegal, do we mean Nintendo owned? And if so, are we counting remixes, or just songs pulled straight from their games?

Because really, anyone using music not under public domain was using illegal music.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

If I have time tomorrow, or maybe even tonight if I have time, I'm definitely gonna look into porting ASMBXT to the A2XT Base Game, which should fix any Default musics issues.

Do a have list somewhere on what music needs to be replaced?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

A2XT contains a lot of copyright infringing music and graphics. Our criteria for acceptance was simply that it wouldn't be noticed by YouTube. This game is certainly not what you want if you want to host 100% legal content. Though if you want a game that will probably be ok then I'd say this is fine (though that's totally not legal advice :P).
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Wohlstand wrote:Hello people!

I have a plan to make the section on the PGE site about games made on the PGE and a games made on the SMBX.
A first games which will appear in this site section are will be an ASMBXT and A2BMXT Episode 1 and then Episode 2 with detail information which will help people to learn about those games better than via huge maze in the forums and it's threads.

A2MBXT has no copyright problems now where we are did a lot of effort to remove copyright stuff with own CC. But first ASMBXT still has a lot of copyright music (and some legacy graphics), and I wanna replace entire music stuff with CC of similar genre/style/mood to used in a levels.

At second, we with SAJewers are think than is better to ask you to choice alternates to illegal musics to make ASMBXT be completely legal.
About default musics, sounds and graphics: there are will be replaced with modern A2MBXT stuff. ASMBXT will correctly work anyway on the modern LunaLUA-based SMBX Engine.
Again, can you send me a list of what level-musics need to be changed?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Also, if there's any bugs that need to be fixed, or any changes that should be made (outside the obvious that some levels need to be re-sorted), send them my way. I've now started a v2.0 that uses the A2XT Base Game.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Recommended changes:
  1. Add that Wupar into the credits as a level creator.
  2. Add a textbox telling you that you can change characters in the pause menu to the tutorial (it's crazy how many players I've seen that didn't know this).
  3. Make Qualestria Caverns' leek easier to find.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Kil

Post by Kil »

If you're still using shemp's sound effects as default, you guys should probably stop using those. No offense to him, but I don't think they really match the game well.
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

docopoper wrote:Recommended changes:
  1. Add that Wupar into the credits as a level creator.
  2. Add a textbox telling you that you can change characters in the pause menu to the tutorial (it's crazy how many players I've seen that didn't know this).
  3. Make Qualestria Caverns' leek easier to find.
I'm talking about ASMBXT, nor A2XT Ep 1.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:

I know you said you'd try to get the list me this weekend, but maybe at least send a partial list, so I can start going through?

EDIT: got it, thanks: http://wohlnet.ru/sentfile/oneday/NeedToReplace.txt
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

SAJewers wrote:
SAJewers wrote:

I know you said you'd try to get the list me this weekend, but maybe at least send a partial list, so I can start going through?

EDIT: got it, thanks: http://wohlnet.ru/sentfile/oneday/NeedToReplace.txt
That link will excite after 24 hours after uploading.

That new and entire list of ASMBXT musics:
http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/Prelude_to ... eplacement
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

OK, here's what I have so far: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8un1o ... isode0.exe

Surprisingly few changes to levels (Aside from 3 levels I think, the only changes were adding in checkpoints.) outside from the needed music changes.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

SAJewers wrote:OK, here's what I have so far: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g9ub ... isode0.exe

Surprisingly few changes to levels (Aside from 3 levels I think, the only changes were adding in checkpoints.) outside from the needed music changes.
I think, I found than: some warps are miss-placed:
Another thing: "Reverse Zone" entrance swapped with nearest level. Is that must be?

That placement of entrance requires me to type "chucknorris" and destroy floor to have able enter to that room :P
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Those 2 have now been fixed.
Wohlstand

Post by Wohlstand »

SAJewers wrote:Those 2 have now been fixed.
;-)
Also, if you see semi-transparent images where there are must be solid, fix that via "Tools" -> "Custom data" -> "Fix wrong masks". While I checked out that episode it had a lot of useless lazily-made graphics which must be fixed. If you need to keep them (like on one of Willhart's levels), use View -> "Enable GFX fix". That enables bitblit blending algorithm and lazily-made masks based images will be shown correctly in the editor.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Yeah, I tried to go through and fix all those. Any i missed, just say so.