(shouting)

Copy / Paste Tool

The second SMBX collab!
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Re: Copy / Paste Tool

Post by docopoper »

Rénà wrote:could you just replace the smbx editor entirely while you're at it thank you
Haha, don't worry - I'm working on it sort of (by making an engine that I intend on making a replacement for SMBX in)
Willhart wrote:It would be nice to test the levels within the level editor somehow. It would mean less program switching. Also I just realised I can copy paste items to a different section if I keep holding the mouse button. This means I can actually create more than one section in one of my unfinished levels with relative ease.
Sorry, I'm pretty sure there is no way to call SMBX to open with a specific level loaded from the command line - otherwise I would totally do that.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Larger working area would be nice too.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.

Post by docopoper »

Ok, I've updated the link to allow you to resize the window and get a larger working area.

I also fixed a bug that screws up windows a little and stops you from being able to drag files / play SMBX after running the program until you arbitrarily hit Escape.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I tested this on default smbx 1.3 folder and it worked fine with most of the levels. I think it is worth it to post this on the smbx forum. It will be a hit! There were some levels that were on format 58 and thus unsupported, but I quess those were made with the earlier version of the level editor.
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Willhart wrote:I think it is worth it to post this on the smbx forum. It will be a hit!
I already did. They do indeed seem to like it, though it hasn't quite taken off (the topic is 2 pages long so far). Oh my god though - they all have such broken english over there for some reason (or at least the people posting on my topic).

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2391

Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

for object obj_ctrl:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.

for object obj_ctrl:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.

oh my, what do?
Image Image
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

When did that happen and what were you trying to do?

Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

tried to open a level I just created...
it didint have much on it aside from a custom NPC
Image Image
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Can you send me the level?

I really don't have much information to work with here. :P

Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

Image Image
docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Ok, for some reason some of the tile graphics you have can't be loaded. You need to open them in an image editor and re-save them. I'm editing the program right now to output which ones you need to re-save as well as fix another bug I was told about.

docopoper

Post by docopoper »

Ok, I've updated the main link to report on this.

I also fixed the bug where copying generators or NPCs with special settings would set all those settings to 0 (which is a problem obviously).

Main link updated.