(shouting)

ASMBXT wiki

The second SMBX collab!
shaman

ASMBXT wiki

Post by shaman »

I've created a wiki to hold all the information we need for the creation of this game in a single place.
http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/ASMBXT_Wiki

I'm currently adding pages, so feel free to contribute with information you deem important. So far, I've compiled a list of levels waiting approval:

http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/Levels
is this videogames?
shaman

Re: ASMBXT wiki

Post by shaman »

Made the level list a bit better now by putting it on a table
is this videogames?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

You know, this is a pretty good idea, there's a lot of levels made already! It's neat not having a clue what any of them mean (some of them mean)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

You could probably go one step further and add which one's have/haven't been reviewed. The table looks pretty nice.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
shaman

Post by shaman »

Pholtos wrote:You could probably go one step further and add which one's have/haven't been reviewed. The table looks pretty nice.
I was going to do this yesterday, compiling all the posts with reviews, but didn't have the time
Maybe I can do this later, but it would be extremely helpful if someone else also helped, since it's a community wiki, not something ran only by me

edit: started making it, realized I even missed a couple of levels here and there, and I'm kind of busy right now on work, so give me some time!
is this videogames?
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

I think that after a level has been updated in reply to reviews it should be reset to "not reviewed", otherwise I think there's a risk levels wanting/needing more reviews is gonna get less because of people thinking "Oh it's reviewed, I probably don't need to review it too". This assumes people use the wiki which I'm not sure of but still.
fart.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

I'm gonna try to help with the wiki as good as I can (although this makes my private list obselete, but I'm gonna keep it just for the record). Thanks for making it, I think it helps with oversight (as I have the feeling not many people have an oversight).
shaman

Post by shaman »

Duker wrote:I think that after a level has been updated in reply to reviews it should be reset to "not reviewed", otherwise I think there's a risk levels wanting/needing more reviews is gonna get less because of people thinking "Oh it's reviewed, I probably don't need to review it too". This assumes people use the wiki which I'm not sure of but still.
It would be of extreme help if the level's own creator edited the "reviewed" field, since they can be satisfied or not with a review
is this videogames?
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

shaman666 wrote:It would be of extreme help if the level's own creator edited the "reviewed" field, since they can be satisfied or not with a review
If you're going to do that - you should probably force the creators to put their levels on the list. Otherwise creators that aren't paying attention to the wiki are just going to stay as unreviewed. You could make a review request topic for it if you want to do it that way.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
shaman

Post by shaman »

docopoper wrote:
shaman666 wrote:It would be of extreme help if the level's own creator edited the "reviewed" field, since they can be satisfied or not with a review
If you're going to do that - you should probably force the creators to put their levels on the list. Otherwise creators that aren't paying attention to the wiki are just going to stay as unreviewed. You could make a review request topic for it if you want to do it that way.
I don't really want to enforce the levels to be throughly reviewed to be "approved". As long as they follow the guidelines, it's going into the game, no matter how bad the level is, that was the initial proposal by raocow, and I think it's a cool idea
The wiki is just to help things stay more organized, but what's there is not final. Only levels posted on the "final version" thread will be in the game
is this videogames?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

My level "Oh No! It's Lakitu!" hasn't been reviewed in its current version, only in its original version. Maybe the wiki should have an extra column to indicate whether there's been a revision since the last review.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Doctor Shemp wrote:My level "Oh No! It's Lakitu!" hasn't been reviewed in its current version, only in its original version. Maybe the wiki should have an extra column to indicate whether there's been a revision since the last review.
I just put "Updated, need re-review" in review tab, feels a bit superfluous with another tab.
fart.
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

So, last night I added my levels (and a few other people's) to the completed levels list. However, I also removed said levels from the submitted list. I've since reset that so they're back on the submitted list again, but for the record; should completed levels be moved out of the submitted list, or should the submitted list remain unchanged as sort of a comprehensive list of what's being planned for the game?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Keep them seperate to avoid confusion. Basically, a level should not be on more than one list.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

Alright, I'll have the list cleaned up by lunchtime.
shaman

Post by shaman »

Yeah, finished levels should be moved to the finished table, and removed from the submitted list
sorry if I missed a game or two, I'm having some hard time at work lately, so I thank every little bit of help I can get with the wiki!
is this videogames?
shaman

Post by shaman »

If you really want a feature like this added on the wiki, by all means, go ahead and make it!
As I've said before, the wiki is supposed to be moved by the community, not an individual, and the more people helping, the better it gets.
is this videogames?
Cadwyn

Post by Cadwyn »

Went ahead and added a Passwords page to the Wiki now that we're serious about this feature.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Just a thought, but maybe the Levels page should list somewhere how many exits each level has.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
shaman

Post by shaman »

someone, put a "Number of exits" on the worlds table!
is this videogames?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, I created a Credits page, so We can piece together the credits. Feel free to add names here: http://asmbxt.wikia.com/wiki/Credits
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
shaman

Post by shaman »

Project Coordinator
shaman666
wow that sure makes me feel important!
is this videogames?
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Wait what did I do to deserve to be in the special thanks thing? I mean thank you, but...
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

8flight wrote:
Frozelar wrote:Wait what did I do to deserve to be in the special thanks thing? I mean thank you, but...
srsly! viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11880
Oh, well...
well...
oh.

I am honored
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Are we going to decide the comments and avatars at the end of the project, or should there be a section for them here?
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.