THE PLAN

The second SMBX collab!
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Re: THE PLAN

Post by Hoeloe »

No worries, I can make those additions easily enough.

As for towns, they do have a few requirements, and some coding will be necessary, but there's plenty of people on the ASMT discord who can help out with that, if you're worried. If you have discord, feel free to chat with me in a bit more detail.about it if you'd like.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Hoeloe wrote: 1 year ago No worries, I can make those additions easily enough.

As for towns, they do have a few requirements, and some coding will be necessary, but there's plenty of people on the ASMT discord who can help out with that, if you're worried. If you have discord, feel free to chat with me in a bit more detail.about it if you'd like.
As long as it's not too involved, that should be fine! I can message you on Discord; mind if I get a link? Can't seem to find it anywhere
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18597

Development is happening over here. Once you're through verification, if you don't care about spoilers you can ask for the spoiler role and that'll give you access to a special spoiler discussion channel, as well as the ability to view all the dev discussion.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Small update, looks like all the towns and game level slots are claimed! I'll be trying to check in with claimants periodically to make sure things are on track, so if you are working on a claim, feel free to send me updates and such via discord or talkhaus DM!
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Another small small update: We have one level slot open. A level had to be cut due to real world events making it much more problematic than was originally intended, so there's a new slot open in World 6, ideally to be filled by a two-exit level, but that's by no means a requirement.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Wow lots of small updates. Almost like progress is happening and I'm super keen to see even more. That slot that opened up has now been claimed, so we're just waiting on people to make what they said they would.

However, we can still make space for levels if people want to submit them!

At some point relatively soon there's going to be the relays to work on, too. Any other help anyone can give is also greatly appreciated, just get in touch if you wanna be part of this project, because even though the main game has all the level slots claimed, there's still a ton that people can help with!
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

As someone without access to the Discord - is there any sort of update on A2XT Episode 2? Is it a dead project? Is it nearly done?

Just curious. Not sure how to keep up to date on these things.
SAJewers
hi

Post by SAJewers »

As I understand it, Rixi and Hoeloe have been slowly chipping away at it, though it comes and goes

I don't think it's in A2MT territory yet, though it doesn't appear to be near anything resembling SMWCP2 either
ImageImageImage
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

WestonSmith wrote: 4 months ago As someone without access to the Discord - is there any sort of update on A2XT Episode 2? Is it a dead project? Is it nearly done?

Just curious. Not sure how to keep up to date on these things.
As far as I know joining the discord is the sole way to follow the development

It is most definitely not dead, but how close to completion I dare not guess. The hopes earlier in the year was to have a release this year iirc, I don't know if they're still on track for that
fart.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Development is still going. At this point a lot of it is being handled solely by me and Rixi, and that's meaning we're having to pace ourselves around other stuff in our lives, as well as avoiding burning out. Slowly but surely making progress, though I can't guarantee a release this year.

For an idea of progress - the game is currently playable from the start up to around world 3 (missing a level from Rixi mid world 3, and the w3 boss, also from Rixi), though world 4 is almost done and world 5 is not far off.

Of course we wouldn't be opposed to some help with fitting everything together. There's a lot more of a plan than the previous projects now, so it's mostly a case of making the things that we're missing and implementing the plan as written.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Appreciate the update. Sorry to hear so much is on so few shoulders. I suspect most of the remaining work is technical in nature? If so, I'm little to no help.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

WestonSmith wrote: 3 months ago Appreciate the update. Sorry to hear so much is on so few shoulders. I suspect most of the remaining work is technical in nature? If so, I'm little to no help.
A good chunk for sure, but not all. There's still a lot of polish work for towns, for example (and the entire W6 town needs making, which I am willing to do if needs be), and a few world maps constructing (though those are potentially leaning into "technical" because of reasons).
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nK-cOpSJyo
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

some screencaps and clips from the dev channel this year, mostly town stuff from worlds 1, 3-5, and 9
(meant to post these earlier but a lot of stuff happened today :sanaeko: )
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to follow and/or contribute to A2XT Episode 2's development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Bandcamp (albums), Audiomack (new music), SoundCloud (old music)