(shouting)

World 10 Castle collab level (NO COWS ALLOWED)

The second SMBX collab!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

World 10 Castle collab level (NO COWS ALLOWED)

Post by SAJewers »

Posted this in the spotzone, and people liked the idea, so here it is. With the devkit almost near completion, might as well start planning this.
I came up with a new idea for the postgame final castle thingy: A Marathon level stitching together recreations and remixes of levels and sections of levels and such from things raocow has played over his lp career. The plan is to make this a super long level that would take raocow multiple recording days, with breather/transition area every so often, mainly to give raocow a good place to pause (as well as a decent opportunity to possibly change music).

As examples, I think I've pretty much decided that this will start off with the first two levels from The Second Reality Project, raocow's first ever lp, while potential breather/transition areas being this gay sht reference screen, the leadup to black plague, and dangit perci.

It doesn't have to be just SMW hacks/SMBX episodes, though any non-mario stuff will definitely have to be reinterpreted to work in a mario context.

Obviously I'm not gonna do this myself, and it will be collab. For right now though, it would be nice if we could start with coming up with a list of what we want to actually put in here, as i can't remember every memorable video or funny thing raocow done over the years. I'll be making a doc later to keep the list, but feel free to post here (or in the no cows zone in the spotzone) with suggestions.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
7NameSam
hey
Pronouns: they/them

Re: World 10 Castle collab level (NO COWS ALLOWED)

Post by 7NameSam »

I call dibs on the Celeste reference section

tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

remakes are so cliché

raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

I want to reiterate what I said on Discord when this was first mentioned, so I'll do that here:
While this game is being made for raocow and using his universe, there's an aim to make this entry a little more accessible to a wider audience than previous ones. This doesn't mean we're doing away with in-jokes or references in the slightest, but that references and in-jokes are being set up so they can either be ignored, or work as standalone jokes if someone doesn't understand the reference. The idea is to consider how things would feel if someone had never heard of raocow while playing this, and make sure that if someone doesn't get jokes and references, they're not left feeling confused or like they're missing something.
I think this relay could be a lot of fun, but I strongly urge people to keep in mind what I've posted above.

Things should work on their own merit, even if they're referencing something else. We're not just making this for an audience of one.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

It's a good thing people other than raocow know about "other video games existing"

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago

It's a good thing people other than raocow know about "other video games existing"

Obviously. I was mentioning it as something to keep in mind if people try to specifically reference something about one of raocows let's plays, rather than just "oh this looks kinda like iconoclasts for a screen".

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

OK, I made a google sheet. Feel free to continue discussing and suggesting stuff here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB