(shouting)

Mystery Dungeon

... zelda
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Mystery Dungeon

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Not sure if we need a thread for this, but here's one. SO I've started on the post game dungeon. I'm still working on the theme and ripping tiles in.

Here is the entrance as it stands now:

I wonder if we should make it fire themed and add the volcano flashing palette like in DoR. Or maybe many floors with different elements.
Still thinking on which direction to take it in!
Last edited by Awakenyourmind 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
https://nabe.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mystery Dungeon

Post by Nabe »

If someone could change the thread title to something a bit more ambiguous (Dungeon Z, Dungeon 10) and maybe add a spoiler tag, that would be good. Just so "Postgame Dungeon" doesn't show up in the Recent Topic stack.

One of the minidungeons has a fire-themed floor in that red palette that does the DoR flash. :P And there are ice and water and wind, too. Which is not to say that elemental stuff is disqualified, but I'd definitely want to do a lot of custom spriting to make some unique set pieces.

I like your tiling style a lot, this screen already looks amazing.

Running from now 'til Canada Day!
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Nabe wrote:If someone could change the thread title to something a bit more ambiguous (Dungeon Z, Dungeon 10) and maybe add a spoiler tag, that would be good. Just so "Postgame Dungeon" doesn't show up in the Recent Topic stack.
I'll just title it "Mystery Dungeon" for now, unless someone states otherwise.

Anyway, I'm just thinking on what if the dungeon has some different elemental to it, like fire, wind, water, earth, etc. in it's subsections to make it more interesting.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

You do a floor which leads to a pit as shown, which drops you down to another floor that's different, like the elemental idea. After maybe four or five floors you drop into a huge pit that takes you to the boss? So many ways this can go.

Thanks Nabe, this is the first time I've used the classic set in years! Still trying to get used to it.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Franky wrote:You do a floor which leads to a pit as shown, which drops you down to another floor that's different, like the elemental idea. After maybe four or five floors you drop into a huge pit that takes you to the boss? So many ways this can go.

Thanks Nabe, this is the first time I've used the classic set in years! Still trying to get used to it.
I like this a lot, especially if the dungeon's main theme is "The Pit" in some way. Elements are cool too, and crystal switches are always a plus (there are none in AZCT yet).

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I can incorporate the pit, also we could do the floor thing without elements, just different themes and ideas. I was also thinking of some sort of purple dungeon with interesting puzzles and psychic type stuff going on.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Ive always had this idea but never used it. Each time you drop to another floor it gets harder, the music changes and gets even more scary until you hit the boss. Deeper and deeper into the darkness!

Will we be using the Lens of Truth? I can make a floor based on that as well, I have some very interesting ideas with the lens and certain zc functions.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

To answer your questions here and to me directly:

Lens of Truth: Yes, they're the Hipster Glasses.
FFC scripts: Go nuts! Use what you want!
Extra tile page and combo page: Hey man, just use what you want, just make sure to let us know which slots you used in case the base already uses them, so we can remap things easier. :)
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Sounds good. If you guys know of some open slots though let me know, I dont want there to be any issues importing things. I'm known for making big dungeons so I want to make sure everything imports properly.

I've requested quite a few scripts in the past and never found time to use them. I wont have any issues making many floors.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Man this dungeon is going to be amazing I can already tell!
Last edited by Awakenyourmind 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Franky wrote:Sounds good. If you guys know of some open slots though let me know, I dont want there to be any issues importing things. I'm known for making big dungeons so I want to make sure everything imports properly.

I've requested quite a few scripts in the past and never found time to use them. I wont have any issues making many floors.
The tile and combo pages I quoted you through PMs are definitely fine, let me know if you need more tile space. Combos are free from page 12 on. I'm not on a computer at the moment, but I'll get you some FFC slots tomorrow.

If the dungeon is very long, shortcuts to fall back down would be nice. As for difficulty, you'll be separate from the main flow, so it's really whatever you want it to be.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

The left room from the dungeon start will have a pit, only accessible when you get the item on the next floor. So if you die after getting it you can get back there. I could add save points though? I'll make sure there's shortcuts :)
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I need one more tile and combo page. I've already filled the tile page up and the combo page will be filled. Also I usually use a different map for layers, which maps should I use? I'm using 1 and 2 in the classic set currently.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

ImageImageImage
Youll come around later with the key from the right room and use it on the left room to unlock the first shortcut and to continue through the north door in the left room to progress. :D

Edit: My scripts are all ready to be assigned to slots and used.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Franky wrote:I need one more tile and combo page. I've already filled the tile page up and the combo page will be filled. Also I usually use a different map for layers, which maps should I use? I'm using 1 and 2 in the classic set currently.
You can go into tile pages 216-220 if you need them. Combo page 13 is free. Maps: 35 and 36 are where I'll be importing, up to 40 is free if necessary.

For FFCs: slots 65-74 are free.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

First floor is about finished. Now that I'm done with my other a2xt level all my time is going on this level. I've got more then 20 screens done. Should I post more shots? Or maybe a video?
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Franky wrote:First floor is about finished. Now that I'm done with my other a2xt level all my time is going on this level. I've got more then 20 screens done. Should I post more shots? Or maybe a video?
Probably some screenshots will do, but do what feels best to show off the dungeon.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Personally I'm okay with just playing it when it's done. :P But screenshots are cool too.

I should mention for gameplay's sake, AZCT uses A+B item selection if that affects your design at all.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Here's an image of floor two. Should I scrap it since it doesn't use classic dungeon walls?
Attachments
zelda010.png
zelda010.png (6.54 KiB) Viewed 9939 times
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Franky wrote:Here's an image of floor two. Should I scrap it since it doesn't use classic dungeon walls?
No, I think that looks great. I think you really have free reign to do anything you wanted to, graphically or otherwise, since it's post-game and sort of separate.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Things are going good! I'll post some shots tomorrow when I get net on the laptop.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Here's the map for floor one as it stands now. Still working on a lot of the screens so you don't know what's final.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Still adding tiles!
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

It already looks this is going to be a heck of a thing. In a very good way.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Its going to get sicker as you go on. Im saving certain scripts for other floors, the ideas for them will be un seen before in ZC.