The NEW bomb dungeon (dungeon 2)

... zelda
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

The NEW bomb dungeon (dungeon 2)

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

It now has a topic!

Also a question in that topic:
Should I include giant bombs/a way to get giant bombs into the dungeon? I know there's a thing or two on the second island with them but I don't know anything else about the big-bomb usage in this game.
Nimono

Re: The NEW bomb dungeon (dungeon 2)

Post by Nimono »

(What a nice birthday present!)

Super Bombs might be too powerful for just the second dungeon, I personally think they'd be better off just put in a shop somewhere else or something.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
https://nabe.talkhaus.com/

Post by Nabe »

Super Bombs are an ability in AZCT, unlocked by acquiring the third bomb bag. So, no. :D But you could put a Super Bombable block as something to come back to.

Let me know if you want help scripting anything wacky.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Just checking in to see if perhaps you have any progress to show, or at least any ideas? Would love to hear your plans for this dungeon!
KingTwelveSixteen

Nimono wrote:Just checking in to see if perhaps you have any progress to show, or at least any ideas? Would love to hear your plans for this dungeon!
Well, I have been very busy procrastinating, but this is what I got so far:
Current plan
Current plan
Bomb Dungeon Plan (in progress).gif (14.94 KiB) Viewed 8519 times
(click it for a picture)
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Interesting idea. Since you have a cracked floor there, is your dungeon going to have multiple floors?
KingTwelveSixteen

Nimono wrote:Interesting idea. Since you have a cracked floor there, is your dungeon going to have multiple floors?
I wasn't planning on that, though there are gonna be rooms at different elevations you can go to...

hmmm...
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Very cool. :D The part of me that likes alliteration just a bit too much thinks, "Why not Bombchu Burrows?" But that's somewhat forced, and I think Warrens is a great word anyway.
I'll start work on overworld placement for this. And I have a boss idea as well if you'd like.
KingTwelveSixteen

Nabe wrote:
Very cool. :D The part of me that likes alliteration just a bit too much thinks, "Why not Bombchu Burrows?" But that's somewhat forced, and I think Warrens is a great word anyway.
I'll start work on overworld placement for this. And I have a boss idea as well if you'd like.
Sure, I was just gonna use like, some easy-made custom bombchus that have shields on their front or something, go ahead.

On a note related to asking others for help, I remember somebody created this script thing that caused a bush or the like to respawn and always have bombs in it? Where could I find that?
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:On a note related to asking others for help, I remember somebody created this script thing that caused a bush or the like to respawn and always have bombs in it? Where could I find that?
It was Codegorilla that coded it for the old dunegon, and here it is (it's further down in the script):
Regenbombscript.zip
(9.17 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

It's also in ChiefDodongo.z in Scripts on Dropbox. It should go in FFC slot 13, and the combos he used (if you want them) are 1492-1493.
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

It makes me kinda happy to see some of my stuff is still being used. Neat!
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

It's been two weeks since the last post. Do you have an update for us?
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Nabe wrote:
Sure, I was just gonna use like, some easy-made custom bombchus that have shields on their front or something, go ahead.
As an update (should've mentioned a while ago) I'm planning on putting this on the crystal mountain area of the overworld. Take a look at it (around screen 08 from memory) and let me know if that suits.

Running from now 'til Canada Day!