The main body of content for A Zelda Classic Thing is almost complete! 8/10 dungeons are finished and undergoing polish, and 2 dungeons are being worked on. But that's really the bare minimum on content. While we polish up the plot dungeons over the next 3 months, we want to get the ball rolling on new stuff.
We want new people to make new content, and we want to enable them to do so. For most of us already in AZCT, this was our first time touching Zelda Classic, and we've put together some great stuff with our limited ability. Everything you need to get started with the engine is in this post, and the claim list is in the next post.
But listen. I've made this offer to some people privately already, and I'll make it again now: If you don't have the ability to actually make what you've dreamed up in Zelda Classic, then it's fine to do what you can, and give enough detail that someone else can do the rest. Even a plan on paper is fine. I will personally help people out by working with them closely and scripting whatever they can think up, including custom enemies. I'm sure other people will happily lend a hand as well.
All the Things You Need
- Zelda Classic v2.50 for Windows/Mac/Linux
- A tutorial on the basics of ZQuest, which is the editor for Zelda Classic
- Get a Dropbox account and PM your associated e-mail address to jayScribble for access to everything
Extra Stuff You Might Want
- The AZCT Devkit (updated May 18th, 2014)
- The Zelda Classic wiki
- The script database at PureZC
- PureZC in general for ready-made resources
Playtesting is also a good thing! There will be a thread for that shortly.