(shouting)

AZCT: Level 6 - Shrine Of Illusion (Lens of Truth)

... zelda
CodeGorilla

AZCT: Level 6 - Shrine Of Illusion (Lens of Truth)

Post by CodeGorilla »

It's about time, self. Also, I think I had a description up before the Talkhaustrophe, but it got eateded.

Level 6: Shrine of Illusion

Well, this dungeon is going to be super simple. You enter the shrine, go north a room, and then climb up several flights of stairs, fighting some enemies until you get to the sixth floor. On the sixth floor is the boss, a small creature that runs on two spindly legs and fires projectiles at Sheath, very quickly. Ultimately, though, Sheath defeats the creature, who scurries off and drops a shard of the Creator. Sheath does a victory pose and is teleported out of the dungeon. Tah-dah!
... okay, seriously; did you really expect it to be that simple when the dungeon has a name like "Shrine of Illusion"? When Sheath makes it outside, the Old Man is waiting for her. Sheath shows him the shard of the Creator, which the Old Man quickly realizes is just an illusion. Realizing that Sheath has been tricked, he gives her the Lens of Truth, which she can use to explore the true dungeon. Upon returning to the dungeon, Sheath uses the Lens of Truth to reveal the path to the dungeon proper; a huge tower with multiple floors covered in various illusions. She has to climb up through different parts of the tower to find different switches that will clear the way to the boss key and the core of the tower.

The core of the tower contains a sideview platforming section that she must scale to get to the very roof of the tower; at the top, she must fight... the creature she fought earlier. Except something is different, now - it moves strangely, and has an apparently crazy hitbox. When she uses the Lens of Truth here, the creature's true form is revealed - it was just the head of a large snake/wurm-like creature. Sheath must now truly defeat the creature in order to actually find the shard of the Creator and finish the dungeon.

The traps in the dungeon will generally be themed around illusions - expect lots of things that are invisible without the Lens of Truth. I'm also going to (attempt to) make rooms that make use of switches such that each trip through the room ends up different. I don't know how well that part will work, so we'll see how that goes. There will even be a part where you have to walk on invisible walkways around the outside of the shrine and avoid plummeting to your death. To offset the necessary usage of the Lens of Truth, I'll be giving the enemies higher than normal chance to drop magic refills, and probably leaving pots with magic around where convenient.
Floor plans:
Essentially, what I want to do with this dungeon is screw with the player's head a little, but in a way that's still fun. Once I actually finish it, it'll need some thorough testing to make sure it's not too unfair; ideally, if you pay attention and are cautious, the dungeon shouldn't be too tough; if you rush, though... well, that's on you.
Nimono

Re: AZCT: Level 6 - Shrine Of Illusion (Lens of Truth)

Post by Nimono »

...wait. Level 6? I thought Level 7 was the Lens of Truth dungeon, with YOU making it! o_O

On the note of your plans, I like the sound of them! Just don't make it too confusing to where people get annoyed by it. :lol:
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Riolu180 wrote:...wait. Level 6? I thought Level 7 was the Lens of Truth dungeon, with YOU making it! o_O

On the note of your plans, I like the sound of them! Just don't make it too confusing to where people get annoyed by it. :lol:
I though that level 7 was the hammer dungeon.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

jayScribble wrote:I though that level 7 was the hammer dungeon.
o_O I have them the other way around...6 is hammer and 7 is Hipster Glasses...
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

... huh. Before the Talkhaus came back up I thought level 8 was the Lens of Truth dungeon and level 6 was the Bracelet dungeon.

I'm confused. o.o;
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

CodeGorilla wrote:... huh. Before the Talkhaus came back up I thought level 8 was the Lens of Truth dungeon and level 6 was the Bracelet dungeon.

I'm confused. o.o;
bracelet is level 5 now. the later stuff got pushed down a level or two
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Some dungeons we're removed and the order was changed as a result: the hookshot was suppose to be dungeon 9 (with hover boots at 10), and the amulet was dungeon 5 (now where the Old Talktoun is in terms of dungeon order), but since dungeon deadline got the better of some peeps, some dungeons had to be dropped: The hookshot is now a mini-dungeon, and the amulet is dropped for the more "convenient" lens of truth and because there isn't much use of it.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me: