(shouting)

SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

... zelda
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Post by jayScribble »

... Yeah I got nothing. Stupid me didn't save the entire plot. Can Doctor Shemp post in spoilers his plot ideas we're using?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Re: SPOILER ALERT: AZCT Plot

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Here's what I remember of it, in brief, with some suggested modifications:
  • Sheath falls through a rift in space-time and lands on Island 1
  • Sheath meets a Guy and Sheath asks him where she is
  • Guy plot-dumps (but hopefully briefly) that this is INSERT LAND NAME HERE which has two islands of NAME and OTHER NAME, and she is currently on NAME.
  • LAND NAME is in chaos: The Destroyer, 1 of their 3 gods, broke free of his prison and shattered The Creator (another god) into pieces. The Maintainer (the last of their gods and most active) is missing. The Destroyer has taken over his Grand Temple (which is the Final Dungeon) on Island 2 and is spreading his evil throughout the land. Can Sheath please stop him?
  • Sheath would like to return home and isn't sure how to kill a god anyway.
  • Guy has heard that re-assembling the Shards of The Creator, which The Destroyer has hidden in the various Dungeons, will give her the strength to penetrate a god's defenses. Also, The Creator, when re-assembled, could make another rift for her to return home in.
  • Sheath agrees, and Guy tells her that he's heard a Wizzrobe's House nearby has a good sword that she could use.
  • Guy reappears throughout the game in dangerous or hidden locations (such as Guys in dungeons) but not in shops: that will be Abei 2 in ZQuest who should be sprited to look different. However, Guy won't mention he's the same guy: it should give the appearance that they just all look the same because, you know, that's what happens in video games. Don't actually say this though, just let the player think that.
  • One location Guy will be is at the "item check" entrance to Island 2, where he will inform Sheath that this is the entrance to Island 2, just past these obstacles. He suggests looking for tools to get past them if Sheath doesn't already have them.
  • He will also be at the start of Island 2, explaining that The Destroyer has already taken over and civilized inhabitants are in hiding.
  • One person in Talktoun should mention that he's never seen anyone of Guy's appearance, as in "You're looking for a guy with a beard? No-one has beards here."
  • When defeating the boss of The Creator's Shrine (one of the WIP dungeons, forget which) Guy will mention that it was The Creator's pet and it must have gone crazy following its master's death.
  • When beating the optional Shrine to the Destroyer (formerly Proving Grounds), Guy appears at the end to announce that she is "by The Destroyer's rules, Champion of The Destroyer, whether He likes it or not" and she is given access to The Destroyer's Ultimate Weapon (some OP weapon: believe me, the Shrine will be hard enough to warrant it, and it's optional anyway)
  • He will also be at the entrance to The Maintainer's Grand Temple acting as the Shard checker like in the original Zelda (i.e. need all Shards to enter). When he lets Sheath in he casts a spell (and tells her he's doing so) that will deafen her to the words of gods, so The Destroyer can't deceive her or hypnotize her. He then departs in absolute silence.
  • After defeating The Destroyer, Guy appears and lifts the spell. He then laughs at her and reveals she just killed the imprisoned Maintainer. Good think she couldn't hear him, right? He calls her stupid for not realizing there was anything suspicious about him appearing all the time and in dangerous places. Or did she just think everyone here looked the same? He reveals that he is The Destroyer, and then comments on all the destruction she's caused and how well she's followed his orders. She even killed a God for him! He says she is worthy to be his Emissary, and gives her the chance to return to her home and destroy everything there in his name.
  • Sheath refuses and says that if she can kill one God, she can kill another. The fight against the real final boss begins.
  • The plot could go several ways at this point:
  • Proper Resolution Ending: Sheath uses the Shards to re-animate The Creator, who creates a rift and returns her home.
  • Proper Resolution with Semi-Sequel Hook: Sheath uses the Shards to re-animate The Creator. He reveals that all three Gods must live to keep the world running: there must be balance. He re-animates The Maintainer, and together they re-animate The Destroyer and reseal him in his Shrine and strengthen the imprisoning magic. The Creator creates a rift and returns Sheath home.
  • Proper Resolution with Full Sequel Hook: Either of the above happens, but the rift leads Sheath to the wrong destination and she finds herself in a strange and unknown land again. Roll credits.
  • Inconclusive Ending: The Destroyer's death releases a huge shockwave that rips open space-time and Sheath falls through the hole. She re-emerges at her home but wonders what will become of the land she just left.
  • Half-Life Ending: The same thing happens as in the Inconclusive Ending, but the game ends before we see where she re-emerges.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Great memory (or good note-taking).
If anything, we might go with the semi-sequel hook you got there.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Also,
to explain why Abei 2 (who isn't Guy) always looks the same, we could dress the sprite in an all-body concealing robe, kind of like a burqa or niqab. And then have one of them say "Why am I dressed like this? Everyone in the Church of The Maintainer dresses like this." and have another say "The first thing The Destroyer did when he was freed was kill most of the Church of The Creator. The rest fled and joined our Church to hide.". This would clue an observant player into realising that Guy isn't a follower of The Maintainer and probably isn't a follower of The Creator.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I mentioned in the overworld thread that the Island 1 I made was using a revised version of the plot which I believe makes it less generic. Here is the revision:
  • The world is comprised of ages: The Creator makes everyone and everything at the start of the age then the Destroyer destroys everything at the end.
  • Each age is an improvement on the last.
  • Towards the end of an age, the wizards are asked my the normal people to stop the Destroyer from ending the age so that they can live.
  • The wizards sacrifice themselves to combine their souls into a third god, the Maintainer.
  • The Maintainer holds off the Destroyer and keeps the age going.
  • At some point just before Sheath's arrival, the priests in Sunset Town (near where the player starts) report that the Creator has been shattered then die from the shock.
  • The Destroyer's troops restart their destruction.
  • Sheath is asked by the Mayor of Sunset Town, who assumes that the Creator sent her, to find the Shards and reassemble the Creator.
  • When Sheath reaches Sunrise Town (which connects Island 2), the people there mention that they have lost contact with all towns on Island 2. Sheath asks them if the wrecked buildings in the town (not currently there on the overworld) are due to the monsters. They mention that they've always been like that.
  • On Island 2, Sheath lands at a deserted town. She later finds people who mention offhand that "the tithe hit the town very hard" but refuse to say more.
  • Someone in the deserted town mentions that the Shards must be brought to the Maintainer's Palace where the Maintainer will rebuild the Creator. This guy will also be near the palace in case the player misses him.
  • When Sheath later finds a populated town on Island 2 they say that the priests of the Maintainer have lost contact with him but are still paying the tithe. Again, they refuse to explain more.
  • All across the islands are more ruins.
  • Near the palace is a prison of people who say they are there to pay the Maintainer. They refuse to leave.
  • Before the final boss, a guy appears. He reveals that she has been lied to and the Maintainer is her enemy, not the Destroyer. She could not be told this as the people would have stopped her.
  • He goes on to explain what has happened: the Maintainer had preserved the world only by making it completely stagnant. Until the Destroyer's armies began marching again things were exactly the same as they were when the Maintainer was born. No-one had built anything or traveled anywhere.
  • Furthermore the wizards' soul-bind was imperfect and the Maintainer required regular souls to continue living. This was the tithe.
  • Finally the Creator and Destroyer rebelled together and imprisoned the Maintainer. In the fight, however, the Creator was shattered.
  • Sheath goes on to destroy the Maintainer.
  • After the fight, the guy thanks her for killing "the upstart" and returning "his brother". He reveals that he is the Destroyer and that he now intends to proceed with the destruction of the world so that the Creator can rebuild it as a better world.
  • Sheath objects.
  • The Destroyer asks her if after everything she's seen, whether these people deserve life.
  • Sheath protests that without the Maintainer the people will improve and without the threat of destruction they will not turn to desperate ends.
  • The Destroyer flies into a rage, calls her just as stupid as everyone else in this age, and they fight.
  • After Sheath's victory the Destroyer is shattered and the energy creates another hole like the one that pulled her into this world. As she is pulled out, she hopes she made the right decision.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
https://nabe.talkhaus.com/

Post by Nabe »

Question from Planning Thread:
What is the nature of this world, exactly? Is the hole Sheath fell into a bit of a Wonderland thing, if that comparison isn't too rude? Or has she been sucked into a video game somehow? It's very mysterious.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Oh, I thought I answered that. Maybe I didn't. It's Wonderland.

However, as a note, I don't want to repeat what happened in A2XT, and have someone (in this case me) with high authority on the story. If one of you thinks part of it needs to be changed, please say so.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I've been thinking of it as like a small plane of existence that consists entirely of the islands that are in the game.

You know, cause the gods keep wrecking and recreating it so it couldn't be too big, and it's funnier if they're just lazy and don't bother with anything reasonably sized.

Though I have been slightly considering making a special 'Shattered Isles' bit to the right of Shade Isle that has nothing required to beat the game, horribly destroyed everything, super-dangerous enemies, no heart pieces, active volcanoes, bosses as regular foes, ect.
The general idea was that the first island is like the creator's island, the second is either half-destroyer half-creator or just the maintainer's isle (since it's all mostly destroyed but still hanging in there), and the third 'not technically an island but I'm calling it that anyway' island represents only the destroyer.

I haven't actually made anything for it or anything like that though, 'cause it would probably be a bunch of work. Need custom 'ash' combos, custom 'destroyed' combos, maybe some volcano stuff, something that looks like water and can connect to water but hurts if you touch it, a custom palette, and doing the actual 'like the size of an overworld map' map.
Though considering it's all destroyed, it would probably only ADD to it to have some screens completely unreachable or with like nothing but bones on the ground or stuff like that.

I have put to much though into this for something I am probably not going to create. :roll:

...What did that have to do with the type of world the gods create/destroy? I kind of forgot. :?
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Because the wizards got tired of the cycle halfway through a routine destruction and stopped the Destroyer after he only got a third of the way through?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I did actually think of something that would cover that reason as well as explain some of the silliness: although their followers are extremely serious, the gods themselves have the mentalities and temperaments of children.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Doctor Shemp wrote:I did actually think of something that would cover that reason as well as explain some of the silliness: although their followers are extremely serious, the gods themselves have the mentalities and temperaments of children.
You know, that would be quite interesting. The Creator represents the child's massive imagination, creating wonderful ideas on a whim, the Destroyer represents a child's destructive nature and regularly pitches fits for not getting his way, and the Maintainer is the parent/babysitter/legal guardian, watching over the kids, trying so hard to make sure they get along and don't hurt each other, but is just massively frustrated and exasperated at their constant shenanigans. :D
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

^ This is very cool.

Without the Wonderland context, the plot has always read to me as The Creator being
Science. Or rather, Science literally creating the AZCT world (a virtual reality or video game), potentially as his own exploration into artificial intelligence, and then dumping Sheath in there as some sort of antivirus when things went wrong. This would make The Creator in the game world ostensibly a reference to Science (or even an actual virtual backup of Science's mind).

I find this interesting thematically, because it's Science (a being created by some higher authority) exploring creation by creating beings of his own, in an attempt to understand himself and his own creator. The mise-en-abyme really gets to me.
That idea jumped out at me very early on, because
Sheath directly encounters and fights two of the three Gods, the Maintainer and the Destroyer, over the course of the plot, which puts those two Gods on Sheath's level, making them almost regular characters in that world. But the Creator is always held up as a mythical unassailable figure in the plot, and worshipped by many denizens of the world -- which is exactly the sort of virtual avatar of himself that Science would put into a game.
Importantly, I don't think this would even be mentioned in the main plot, because I think that would sacrifice the integrity of that plot and the fact that it can (and should) stand entirely on its own. It would instead be revealed after the credits in a short scene. But there would be some clues. One clue would be
the inclusion of the optional Demo boss that Moosh made. Again, if this were a world created by a sibling like Science to better understand the outside world, it's conceivable that he'd include Demo as a nameless enemy, but still something semi-important (a boss rather than just some Moblin). When the player first encounters Demo as an enemy with little to no explanation, it would be very mysterious (as long as they're familiar with the other games) and cause them to question the nature of the game's world.

The Shards of the Creator would also be something (on the subscreen at least) that points to Science, or at least the siblings in general, like an eyeball (made of eight wedges).
I don't mean to attempt to shoehorn references to the other games into this plot, but this has always felt really natural to me, so much so that I didn't remember it was only my headcanon until recently.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

I'd rather not shoehorn ASMT into this if at all possible; if Sheath does exist within that canon then it ruins the joke of her just randomly being there in the ASMBXT games.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KingTwelveSixteen

It's nice to hear about the different interpretations of the plot people had.

It's pretty interesting.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

raekuul wrote:I'd rather not shoehorn ASMT into this if at all possible; if Sheath does exist within that canon then it ruins the joke of her just randomly being there in the ASMBXT games.
At the same time, though, wasn't the plot brought up at one point as ending with Sheath getting sent to the Castle of No Significance? I haven't played A2XT yet, but having the Creator be one of the siblings makes sense to me as a lure to Demo and Iris. Yeah, Sheath doesn't really do anything, but one could say Sheath being there helped them get to the plot of A2XT. (of course that's kinda stretching it, but it's just an idea.)
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

My personal view is that A2XT is already an overly complex mess of semi-contradictory storylines (for example, try working out whether it's set before or after ASMT, and if it is set before, how are the characters reset to what they are at the start of ASMT?), and that's probably only going to get more true as further episodes come out, and so the chance of us accidentally creating another contradiction or inconsistency, or indeed more than one, by connecting AZCT with A2XT is too high to make it worth it.

Given the fact that there's technical limitations to deal with in AZCT's story - I don't have the slightest clue how to set up a cutscene, for example - and I think we're already going to have our work cut out for us making AZCT's story make sense in and of itself, let alone in combination with up to four A2XT games, ASMBXT and ASMT.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Doctor Shemp wrote:My personal view is that A2XT is already an overly complex mess of semi-contradictory storylines (for example, try working out whether it's set before or after ASMT, and if it is set before, how are the characters reset to what they are at the start of ASMT?), and that's probably only going to get more true as further episodes come out, and so the chance of us accidentally creating another contradiction or inconsistency, or indeed more than one, by connecting AZCT with A2XT is too high to make it worth it.

Given the fact that there's technical limitations to deal with in AZCT's story - I don't have the slightest clue how to set up a cutscene, for example - and I think we're already going to have our work cut out for us making AZCT's story make sense in and of itself, let alone in combination with up to four A2XT games, ASMBXT and ASMT.
If it's cutscenes we want, I could help with that. Scripting is all we need! ...but personally, since this is our first (and possibly last) Zelda Classic project, I think we should keep it simple. There's no need to overdo it on our first go! ASMBXT wasn't really overdone, it was just a silly, simple "hey go get leeks from this silly castle"
Lejes
https://lejes.talkhaus.com/

Post by Lejes »

Moving characters (i.e. FFCs) around, playing sound effects, and altering combos isn't hard. All of that stuff can be set up in sequence, padded with Waitframes. So as long as you have an idea of what to do they're really easy to write.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Yeah, between the three of us we can have cutscenes done very quickly, and with basically no limitations. We just need to have storyboarding and dialogue, because the technical half of things is going to need to built around that, rather than vice-versa. We can build it, we have the technology.

I would never suggest that my idea makes sense in context of the existing plot -- rather, this is modeled after Hideo Kojima, where you write the plot, and leave the making sense part for later. :D It could be a gaiden, if you will, and wouldn't necessarily have to muddy anything.

But, look. More importantly, I'm trying to nail down a plot nugget in the form of "What do the Shards of the Creator look like? / What is the Creator?" so I know what to design for with subscreen/item sprites. I also want to find room for the Demo boss if possible. And those two objectives happen to align with my spoilered plot idea. I respect if you want to keep the plot unsullied, so to speak, but I'd like to figure out at least the shards soon, because it factors into a lot of my visual work.
Last edited by Nabe 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i think you could nod slightly to the other games' existence but if i were yall i wouldnt integrate them too hard. just hint at it and let the players connect them how they see fit.
Doctor Shemp wrote:try working out whether it's set before or after ASMT, and if it is set before, how are the characters reset to what they are at the start of ASMT?
oh geez i forgot to mention this mess in my plothole post in the a2xt board

my thoughts up until now regarding timeline is basically this
it seems to be simultaneously both, given that King Charles and the Charlies refer explicitly to the events of asmt, even though a2xt takes place after asmbxt which was established in the name of the game itself as a prequel, and if you choose to retcon asmbxt as taking place after asmt instead, then you have a plot hole there too since a2mt didn't happen meaning asmt ended on an unresolved cliffhanger, and if you choose to think that a2mt DID happen, then demo meets the siblings twice

also, asmt took place in a bad future of the mushroom kingdom, where bowser and mario are gone, and bowser and mario appear in asmbxt and a2xt so that doesn't work either! geez. although there was a message in a2xt claiming not to worry about whats canon or not but still
so basically the asmt timeline is a complete mess, and this is before the apparent time-travel-alternate-timeline shenans that may happen in a2xt and really shouldnt be convoluted any more by seperate things indeed
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Demolition

Post by Demolition »

Leet wrote:oh geez i forgot to mention this mess in my plothole post in the a2xt board

it seems to be simultaneously both, given that King Charles and the Charlies refer explicitly to the events of asmt, even though a2xt takes place after asmbxt which was established in the name of the game itself as a prequel, and if you choose to retcon asmbxt as taking place after asmt instead, then you have a plot hole there too since a2mt didn't happen meaning asmt ended on an unresolved cliffhanger, and if you choose to think that a2mt DID happen, then demo meets the siblings twice

also, asmt took place in a bad future of the mushroom kingdom, where bowser and mario are gone, and bowser and mario appear in asmbxt and a2xt so that doesn't work either! geez. although there was a message in a2xt claiming not to worry about whats canon or not but still
so basically the asmt timeline is a complete mess, and this is before the apparent time-travel-alternate-timeline shenans that may happen in a2xt and really shouldnt be convoluted any more by seperate things indeed
A2MT didn't happen, the games go WTH, ASMBXT, A2XT and then ASMT.
There are ton of king Charles the IVs in the universe and demo just happens to make a habit of killing them all the time.
The Charlies in the HUB are the ones from "Charlie's Revenge".

There, plot holes fixed.
KingTwelveSixteen

Heh. I think ending the game by having you finally assemble the shards of the creator and then they turn into Science could be pretty funny.

It would be like:
'Hooray, the creator is reforming! Thank you hero!' and then Science appears and Sheathe's all 'Oh, I know that guy! That's Science!',
'YES. I. SCIENCE. WAS THE CREATOR. ALL ALONG. (line break/new text page or whatever here)
I WANTED TO SEE. WHAT IT WAS LIKE. TO CREATE LIFE. JUST LIKE. THE ARTIST. WHO CREATED ME.'
Sheathe: 'So what was it like?'
'I GOT DESTROYED. AND SCATTERED. ACROSS AN. ENTIRE WORLD. (line break/new text page or whatever here)
IT WAS. THE. MOST PAINFUL THING. I HAVE EVER. EXPERIENCED.'
Sheathe: 'So pretty good then?'
'MOTHERHOOD IS. OVERRATED.' (line break/new text page or whatever here)
'I'M LEAVING NOW. GOODBYE FOREVER.'
vilager or whoever: 'What?! But you're our holy creator! We love you!'
'WHATEVER. GO WORSHIP. THE GIANT SHOE. OR SOMETHING. I DON'T CARE.'
Sheathe: 'Bye Science! It was nice seeing you.'
'...WE'VE MET? I DON'T. REMEMBER THAT. OH WELL. GOODBYE. PERSON I DON'T REMEMBER.'
Science exits scene, possibly with some fancy animation or explosion or something.
Sheathe: 'He was nicer then I remembered him.'
Vilager or whoever: 'My life is a lie.'
Sheathe: 'I'm going to go eat some candy to celebrate!'
Vilager or whoever: 'I have no idea what my life's purpose is anymore.'
Sheathe: 'See you around Mr. whatever-your-name is!'
Sheathe exits scene.
Vilager or whoever: 'I just don't understand why my creator would do something like that...' (line break or whatever)
Vilager or whoever: '...Maybe. Maybe if I experience what it's like to create like that I could understand...?'
Or something in that general vicinity is what I'm thinking of.

Either that or Sheathe says that Science is evil and just kills Science with a sword or something shortly after he appears and then goes all 'Hooray! We've/I've defeated Science!'. That would probably be hilarious.
Last edited by KingTwelveSixteen 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Demolition wrote:
Leet wrote:oh geez i forgot to mention this mess in my plothole post in the a2xt board

A2MT didn't happen, the games go WTH, ASMBXT, A2XT and then ASMT.
There are ton of king Charles the IVs in the universe and demo just happens to make a habit of killing them all the time.
The Charlies in the HUB are the ones from "Charlie's Revenge".

There, plot holes fixed.
Oh, okay.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Heh. I think ending the game by having you finally assemble the shards of the creator and then they turn into Science could be pretty funny.

It would be like:
'Hooray, the creator is reforming! Thank you hero!' and then Science appears and Sheathe's all 'Oh, I know that guy! That's Science!',
'YES. I. SCIENCE. WAS THE CREATOR. ALL ALONG. (line break/new text page or whatever here)
I WANTED TO SEE. WHAT IT WAS LIKE. TO CREATE LIFE. JUST LIKE. THE ARTIST. WHO CREATED ME.'
Sheathe: 'So what was it like?'
'I GOT DESTROYED. AND SCATTERED. ACROSS AN. ENTIRE WORLD. (line break/new text page or whatever here)
IT WAS. THE. MOST PAINFUL THING. I HAVE EVER. EXPERIENCED.'
Sheathe: 'So pretty good then?'
'MOTHERHOOD IS. OVERRATED.' (line break/new text page or whatever here)
'I'M LEAVING NOW. GOODBYE FOREVER.'
vilager or whoever: 'What?! But you're our holy creator! We love you!'
'WHATEVER. GO WORSHIP. THE GIANT SHOE. OR SOMETHING. I DON'T CARE.'
Sheathe: 'Bye Science! It was nice seeing you.'
'...WE'VE MET? I DON'T. REMEMBER THAT. OH WELL. GOODBYE. PERSON I DON'T REMEMBER.'
Science exits scene, possibly with some fancy animation or explosion or something.
Sheathe: 'He was nicer then I remembered him.'
Vilager or whoever: 'My life is a lie.'
Sheathe: 'I'm going to go eat some candy to celebrate!'
Vilager or whoever: 'I have no idea what my life's purpose is anymore.'
Sheathe: 'See you around Mr. whatever-your-name is!'
Sheathe exits scene.
Vilager or whoever: 'I just don't understand why my creator would do something like that...' (line break or whatever)
Vilager or whoever: '...Maybe. Maybe if I experience what it's like to create like that I could understand...?'
Or something in that general vicinity is what I'm thinking of.
This is more overt than I was going for, but Sheath's indifference to the villagers questioning their entire existence is pretty hilarious.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

New and separate idea.

If there's not going to be any connectivity to the canon, then maybe the game should go out of its way to make that clear, by taking a page from Majora's Mask (the game in which Link falls down the hole to Wonderland).

Familiar characters from the canon could appear visually, with different names, just like in Majora's Mask or the traditional Wizard of Oz. By doing that, we make it clear that this game sidestepped the canon entirely. And not only would that allow for the inclusion of the Demo boss (because in that context, it's not actually Demo), but The Creator could literally be the Moon falling down to destroy the world, stolen straight from Majora's Mask (which then allows me to make a lovely Moon graphic on the subscreen).

Bear with me though, that's just where the idea originates. If the Creator were the moon, then the Destroyer would be the planet itself trying to pull down the moon, and the Maintainer would be the counteracting magical force helping to keep the two apart (the sky?). In addition, the three Gods would still have the physical avatars that appear in Shemp's plot, with their physical actions on the islands mirroring that macro-level struggle. The Destroyer's avatar is destroying the islands and ruining the people's lives to discourage anyone from taking the necessary steps to reverse the Creator's fall from the sky, which will cause Destruction on the scale of the whole planet.

And in addition to this keeping things as their own coherently-plotted package, the Moon reference and general closeness to the framework of Majora's Mask shows off that we're keeping Zelda at the heart of this thing.