(shouting)

FireSeraphim's AZCT works (Dungeons, Sprites, and Etc)

... zelda
FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim's AZCT works (Dungeons, Sprites, and Etc)

Post by FireSeraphim »

Because the site got wiped I am relinking all of my works for AZCT.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... 20boss.qst
The ghost ship dungeon is complete as far as I remember.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... 20Ruin.qst
The valley ruins dungeon is complete as well, all that is missing is a good boss fight for it, I don't think any of the stock bosses would work for this place.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... 20Isle.qst
This is my attempt at making a second overworld for AZCT, I got burnt out on it because of how difficult it is to make good forests in the classic tileset. I wish to encourage someone to pick up the torch and pick up from where I left off.

Here is my NES Pallete limit friendly edit of Jayscribble's Sheath sprites.

Here are the monsters sprites I editted and cooked up from A2SMBXT thing sprites. Yes, I have permission from raocow himself to rework A2SMBXT resources for AZCT
Nimono

Re: FireSeraphim's AZCT works (Dungeons, Sprites, and Etc)

Post by Nimono »

FireSeraphim wrote: Image
Here are the monsters sprites I editted and cooked up from A2SMBXT thing sprites. Yes, I have permission from raocow himself to rework A2SMBXT resources for AZCT
If we're replacing Leevers with Sandcastles, I need to rename my dungeon. And maybe even redo its layout since I designed it with Leevers in mind...
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

FireSeraphim wrote: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... 20Ruin.qst
The valley ruins dungeon is complete as well, all that is missing is a good boss fight for it, I don't think any of the stock bosses would work for this place.
Oh my gosh why haven't I played this before???

The graphics and stuff and wow.

I love it already. I don't even know what the purpose of it is, but I love it.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Uuum Critique I guess?

I've been doing this for all the dungeons I've been playing anyways.

(WARNING-> this thing is long. Like, longest critique so far here. Open the spoiler at your own peril.)
Graphics are awesome.
Forgotten Vale? Great name.

I like the little destroyed buildings.

I found a staircase!
It has a dungeon in it.

The first room of this dungeon is weirdly shaped. And there isn't even a reward for pushing the statue into the corner. :?

Pffft, the music note and playing and suddenly in the fixed version and the magic platform thing.

OH JEEZ I'M IN THE PAST AND ON A CASTLE THIS IS SO GREAT. :)

Slightly confused as to how I'm so high up in the past instead of underground like in the future though. Probably the landscape naturally changed over time, filling most of the vale with sand or something.

You can walk on the windows! When climbing down the vine that is, you can walk off the vine onto the two windows adjacent to it.

I got a purple rupee!
Screw fighting the monsters though, blue guys are annoying to deal with. I'm just snagging the treasure and running.

Ah, it's that stump thing I saw in the future but didn't enter.
Exploration~

Ow, I died. :(
Blue centaurs man. I should have been more cautious.
Or maybe burned my health potion.

I start in the future still though!
Not sure if that's good or not.

I got an orange bomb!
Yay?

Huh, if you jump on the vine you can move faster.
Guess that makes as much sense as doing it in the mario games to go faster.

There is a portcullis blocking the entrance. I want insiiiide.

Also a rockslide!
Sucks for the guys in the castle.
I guess that's why they all ended up being forgotten/dying.

Aw, the spot under the window with the single grass isn't a secret.
(I like secrets)

The key to the past lies in the future?
I would have figured that was the dialogue that should be put in the past itself.

Oh gosh the Vale extends even more to the right?
I'm gonna have to explore the past more after this to see what's going on over there.

Bluh, the bomb/arrow shop dialogue is broken in several ways.
Also red bombs are really expensive.
And oh gosh normal bombs were cheap in the past!
6 rupees for 8 bombs?!
That costs like 35 rupees in the future!
The arrows look pretty cheap to, but I don't remember how much they cost in the future.

Oooh, a health potion? Just sitting there for the taking?
Well, if I can reach it that is.
Possible problem spotted though: The health potions on the left edge of the screen, so if the player doesn't come here and remember it said player might pick up the health potion and never notice.
Or just pick it up with a full potion in their inventory and thus actually get no reward at all for picking it up.
Also why is there a reward just sitting there on the ledge of the castle anyways?

And there's even more castle walls and stuff over here.

Oooh, I like the effect of all the blue guys coming out of this one cave when you enter the screen.
Very nice.

Haha, wow.
Best way to give out free rupees.
250 might be a bit much though.
I've already hit max!
waiit...
Red bomb costs 245, just 10 rupees less than the max you're allowed to carry.
Considering things, I'm just gonna spend my rupees now so I can actually collect any future rupees in this rupee-rich dungeon.

Hmm, I could climb up the castle from here.
But I won't. I'm gonna go explore what is left of the rupee cave.

I got a heart-piece!
I don't remember if we are actually using those or just full-hearts...

Hm. I'm kinda wishing I had a better sword for this dungeon.
That probably won't be a problem in the actual game though, since I could go get one if I wanted to.

Ah, strange elite brownish armor guys!
Also a bunch of chump mooks.
I think this room would be better with most of the mooks removed.
The two brown ones can stay though.

Man, that felt like a mini-boss.

Augh, some of them respawn if you fall in the pit? :shock:
I am afraid of the armor guy respawning now. :?
I liked the three different colors of keese though.

Wait what? The invisible platforms aren't real platforms???? :?
I am confuseled.

Ok, they appear when arrows are applied.
Still seams weird that they seem to be there when the lens of truth is used.

Pffft, some more elites and a bunch of irritating chumps with them!
Kill all the chumps (including the two elite chumps), then go for the armor guy.

Phew, I lived.
Good thing for the feather, otherwise I would have been trapped in the corner there once and would be dead right now.
Also I got a key.

Ow!
I almost dodged that trap, but I pressed the sword buttons instead of the feather button.
Acrobatics powers activate!

Eurgh, I dislike how the bottom one only comes up half-way.

NNNgh, this next room is scary!
Lots of armor guys in a small room, and also a wizard!

Oh, huh.
The hammer is a pretty great item.

To the futuuuuure~

Eurgh, this room is hard too. Small, slightly more elite armors, SLOWING SAND, and a wizard who teleports.

Hm. I feel like the future abandoned fortress should have different enemies than the past-full one does.
More ghosts and goblins stuff, less armored knights.
Armored knights tend to hang out more in castles than in abandoned ruins after all, and it's more thematic.
Or maybe just less enemies overall, to make it feel more abandoned?

Stupid rockslide be blocking my way, and bombs don't work.
To the outside world again!

Huh.
Peahats, elite bats, and skeletons.
In other words - ghosts n goblins stuff (and also peahats).
Also: treasure!
(and a map)

Found a bug: when flying enemies pass from the front to the back of the brick walls here, there is a moment where they are halfway visible that looks really cut-off-ie.

Bah, a tree blocks my path.

What? Two trees block my path!
What's the point then?
I mean, aside from the map.
It just feels like this place should be more important than that, considering how hard it was to get here.
You don't even really need a map to complete a dungeon, it's just this thing that helps some if you find it.
...Though, I did get that key earlier...

Oh gosh the enemies respawned. :o
Why :shock:
I dont wanna die~

Ok, through copious amounts of jumping and a bit of menu-using to switch items, I have reached the past again and am in a pretty safe room with only an elite chump in it.
By the way, those hallway traps should totally go all the way down/up, it totally threw me off and cost of half my remaining hearts (which is to say, half a heart) in damage.

I really wish the flute could whirlwind me out of here.
But it doesn't do anything when played on non-time-travel spaces. :(
That should probably be changed.

Heck yeah, a random mook just gave me a fairy!
Hooray, I'm not gonna die! :)

Gonna buy me some cheapo bombs while I still can.

...I have gotten much better at dealing with blue centaurs and armor guys over the course of my playing of this dungeon.
Huh.

Oh, I didn't mention this before, but whenever I go down a staircase in this dungeon Link walks one tile downwards after he appears on the new screen, even though Link is always positioned off of the staircase anyways, making the moving just weird and kinda pointless.
It doesn't happen when I got up staircases though as far as I can tell, which just makes it stranger.

Bah, this locked door in the time-room doesn't open when you kill everything.
Oh well.
TO THE FUTURE~
(I still need to explore it more outside)

Huh, I forgot that this big pit was here.
And suddenly I realize that it is actually the top of the castle I was walking around in the past.
Didn't think anything like that the first time around.
That's some quality level-design there. :)

Aaw, the boss-key is in plain sight but I can't reach it.
(despite the 'aaw', this is really good level-design)

Bah, I tried the boomerang.
It didn't grab it and let me cheese huge portions of the dungeon at all. :(

Ow.
Why do I keep touching the cacti?
I'm dumb sometimes.

Ooh, I like the text from past-old-guy.
His words go over the edge of the room though, so somebody needs to change his font.

Oh hey, a big orange bomb.
For no reason whatsoever.
In a room that doesn't at all appear to have a reward for killing everything.
You know, since it isn't a room at all and is actually outside.
Feels highly confusing, since this part of the dungeon is basically actually part of the overworld.

I like how the jumping guys whose name I can't remember hang out all around the future, but are nowhere near here in the past.
Nice~ :)

The seals on the floor thing feels a bit...Redundant. Dungeon #3 and the power of music hint seem like they should be en-wait nevermind.
The seals on the floor are actually the big round things that travel through time, right?
That makes it different enough to be ok in my opinion, even if it's not really necessary to have both.

Oh hey, I didn't know the lens of truth showed you when orange bombs were needed.
Not sure why I used it here though without knowing that.
Oh well, everything worked out in the end.

Heh, I like how future enemies are actually kind of chumps compared to the past ones.
AND ALSO THE FUTURE HAS PEAHATS I GUESS :evil:

Oooh, a heart container I can't get.

Ha, nice.
The shop guy's prices are WAY higher than the time you meet him in the past.
Also he has a health potion, which could be useful to purchase considering how big/dangerous this dungeon gets in the past.

Back to the dungeon part of this dungeon now.

Hm. Despite appearing superficially similar to the block that I orange-bombed to death, this big rock thing here is not vulnerable to orange bombs.
Feels like a missed opportunity for a secret.

...The heck?
The door isn't opening!
I got the key from the past to open the future, and it isn't opening!
What's going on???

Oh, there it goes.
Why was it so hard to open???
Something is up with that door.

This darkened room is no match for my candle and feather!
Also I pushed all the blocks but none of them opened the door.
Oh ho ho! The magical glasses has revealed to me a faulty door!
Bombs away~

The bombed door is busted. Link walks OVER the wall when passing through it, instead of under the wall.

Man, these future enemies are total chumps. They are so pathetic after fighting the enemies that this place had back in its glory days.
The traps are still traps though.
(I love the effect)
(though the past did have one trap...)

Ow!
That's a mean-spirited room. :(
Nothing but an almost-unavoidable trap.
And also a heart-piece.
But that trap is mean. :x

Whuh-oh, I ran outta magic.
I need that for seeing things!
Mostly secrets, now that I have realized it can do that.

Oh gosh, a room with roaring, sand, and an elite armor guy! And also ghosts, but ghosts are slow-moving chumps so they aren't important, except with how they make the armor guy harder and more dangerous to fight, and also have a bunch of health to make them harder to remove.
I am so glad I have the feather right now.
So glad.

Looks like I have to head to the future again.
Kinda surprised the door here isn't a boss door though, and is instead a normal key door.

(NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: THE FOLLOWING IS MY ATTEMPTS AT SOLVING A PUZZLE. SKIP TO THE END NOTE THING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT)
I like the kinda simple block puzzle here, and am once again terrified of how a ghost respawned and the potential of an elite armor respawn to occur.

The heck? I can't push this block to the right!
Oh, come on! The puzzle is busted because the top-left block of the right cross/X doesn't move.
I even tried pushing the middle block into the place where it would normally go (because that's a good puzzle thing) but it still didn't work.
Sad. :(

Wait what? I pushed the middle block again and this time it moved! It moved downwards, granted...but still.
No idea what's going on here.

SOLVED IT.
Push the right-middle downwards, both the right-bottom upwards, and the right-top-right left.
PUZZLE SOLVED. 8-)
Loved it, especially how it was trickier than it appeared.
(END NOTE THING: NOTICE THIS END NOTE PLEASE)

Oh snap, two bosses!
Oh snap, And also some bullet shooters since it wasn't hard enough.
Oh snap also the tiles attack you!
I don't think I was prepared for this fight!

Ha, wow. The first boss of the game is a total chump when you have this bow+arrow thing I have.
Three shots, you're dead.
Still a scary and challenging room.

Gosh, how long does the tiles attacking you last?
Screw this noise, I'm going down the staircase.

Ow, I died.
I didn't even reach the staircase. :(

Starting over from the time-travel room, ok then.

You know, after using the candle once in this room it really isn't necessary to ever use it again.

Eurgh, sir armor and his ghost buddies have spawned again, preventing me from moving the blocks.
Also why is there still roaring? I totally murdered those two boss guys!
Yeah, they aren't in this room, so I don't know why there is still screeching. Kinda annoying.

Oooh, multicolored side-passageway.
Neat.

The mirror room is pretty cool I suppose,
I especially like how it stops trying to kill you once the enemies all die.
(I filled the room up with my own swords, and got hit by my own swords once or twice to. I have no one but myself to blame, since the wizards didn't even try to hit the mirrors.)

Ooh, ANOTHER time-travel room.
I haven't even actually bothered to go through that first, smaller one yet either!

I just noticed that the statues don't match. Odd.

This roaring room with the elite is kinda pathetic if he spawns in one of the holes.
He never climbs out and you can just range-weapon him to death all slow-like.
(roaring is intimidating me a bit though)

What, that's it? A two-headed dragon guy that drops a fairy?
I am disappointed.
Maybe a bomb will help?

Ugh! The roaring AND the elite are back, and this time the elite does NOT want to just stand in the pit doing nothing the whole time!
...aaand I'm dead to the blues he spawned after dying, without getting to see if bombs blow up the side walls. Though they probably don't.

Yeah, bombs did nothing.
I'm gonna blow this pop-stand wait when did I get a key?
Did the boss drop a key directly on top of me?
That could be fixed pretty easily. Just make the key drop from the ceiling instead of spawn instantly on the ground.
ALSO FIND A WAY TO STOP THE ROARING WHEN THE BOSS DIES.

Oh my gosh. I went into the fake-boss-room again. and the armor guy spawned AGAIN. And now I have to kill him to leave, AGAIN.
Obnoxious.
Ha, excessive amounts of hammer once again triumphs over my foes.
I should hammer more often.

Whuh oh. The 2D place doesn't work with the feather, I think it is secretly a 3D place instead. That needs to be fixed.

Hey, the door back is locked! How rude.
Now I HAVE to use my key on this door here, instead of the other one! Also I can't use the time-travel over there.

I like the pools of water room. Simple, not that hard but still with some dangerous foes, and also it has a secret that I only found cause I have the map.
Nice.
Oh and it gives a key I guess, so there is now officially a reason why the flute wouldn't let you escape this dungeon and also for locking the door on the player in the previous room.
...Except...why was the door to this room locked in the first place actually? I am confused as to why the previous room really needed to lock itself in as well.

Bomb passage here is busted as well, needs to be ceiling instead of floor.

Ah, the last key-door had a time-travel thing AND a staircase in it, and I still haven't gone through the first time-travel thing back a room from here!
Decisions!

I choose first time-travel, because it's been sitting there for like a dozen rooms.

...It's just a reset tile?
How disappointing. You can just leave and come back in when you need to reset anyway.

Up the staircase~

Wow, that rupee behind the castle wall was a large one.
Aaaand I'm max rupees again. Dang.

Grabbin' the heart-piece...
And walking to the space THAT DOESN'T EXIST???
Why isn't this one armos filled area a part of the map?

And another heart-piece.
Was that four? A full heart then, huh.

According to the map, I've nearly gone through every room in the future-dungeon, everywhere but the inside of the boss-room key location in future-vale, and am missing some stuff in past vale/dungeon. But all of the past-vale stuff is actually past-on-top-of-castle stuff, so it doesn't count.
Getting pretty close to the end here!

Tiiiiime travvveeeel gooooooo~

First things first, TREASURE.
Run up the stairs, jump all the enemies because I DON'T HAVE TIME THERE'S TREASURE, down, left, TREASURE GET.
The treasure is ANOTHER HEART-PIECE.
Wow. That's five now, isn't it?
Right, right, TREASURE GET!
It's...A vase thing?
Um, ok. Did that increase my max magic? I can't really tell.
Left, Down, right, TREASURE GET!
It's a potion, obviously. I saw it earlier, remember?

Ok, the treasure part is done, time to do the actual dungeon parts inside to get the key I need to continue outside.

Ha, the sand room is pretty much exactly the same in the past as in the future.
Ahahahaha, if you kill all the goriyas then take the reset thing - WHICH NOW HAS A PURPOSE SINCE ALL DOORS OUT ARE LOCKED - the elite guy turns into a goriya chump and you can kill him at leisure! Probably because the three goriyas come first in the enemy list, so when the game reads '3 enemies out of four dead' it just reads the first enemy on the list when making enemies after the reset.

Is the puzzle solution the same? NOPE.
Puzzle solved~
It isn't as hard once you know all the tricks the puzzle can pull on you.

I choose leeeeeeft.

Trap-room has become lots-of-enemies room.
And also a free potion? Why? I just got one right outside??? :?
Oh well, I guess that means I can burn even more potion on healing and stuff. 8-)

Secert bomb door is defeated.
Urgh, the past version of this room is much harder than future's version, and also it still has traps.
Hammer once again saves the day and earns me a completely useless compass.
Though I guess it is interesting to see that the boss is in the past, not the future.

Jeez, these enemy-filled rooms are a bit much. They need like three less enemies each. (I am speaking of the lots-of-enemies room and the room to the left of the compass room)

Hey wait. I'm back at the starting?
Was that door unlocked the whole time? Please tell me it wasn't unlocked the whole time.

Ow, I died to a wizard.
Spawned in the same room I died in, the starting one.

Urgh, gotta kill all these enemies again.
Annoying since there are so many.
Excessive hammerings make it faster.

Blue wizards hurt. :(

Wait, the door to the right is locked in this room? So to get back I have to go all the way through the future then go back to the past again?
Ugh!

Aaaand the door to the left goes to the starting again, and locks me out as well.
That's just annoying.

Wait, there are two bosses? (according to my buddy the compass)
Huh. I guess I should have expected that.

Ugh, this room is still screeching at me.

Ok, into the new rooms again now.
Aaaand, straight off there's a pointless and really easy block-puzzle.
I don't know why. Or why this room didn't just allow you to enter and immediately leave if you wanted to instead of having to fight.

PLOT ROOM~
Apparently this key used to be a sorcerer. :roll:
I don't think that's what this level was going for, but it's how it looks.
...Was it the grappling hook or the tome that turned them into mindless monsters? :P
Aw. I wanted a spellbook.
Also the lack of spellbook implies that yes, it was in fact the grappling hook that cursed everyone. Heh.
To bad for the key-guy that killing the boss won't lift the curse, as should be obvious by how the whole place is all forgotten and stuff in the future. How sad.

BUG FOUND: You can totally walk above the line you're normally not supposed to walk above in talky rooms.
I'm walking all over fire right now and not getting burned.

Wait, the guy was the flame? Because the flame just disappeared when I got the key.
He should probably be like a ghost guy or something instead.

Ugh. I have to do this one block-puzzle for a third time?
This is getting tedious. Why is the top door even locked here? It's where you come in from.

Aaand I finally get through the key and down the staircase...
BUG FOUND: you appear in the middle of this room, despite the staircase upwards being at the bottom-left.

It's a time-travel room AND a 'to-many-enemies-room' btw.

The locked boss-door to the top means the only option is tiiiimmmme traveeeellll~

I appeared slightly to high when I time-traveled, shouldn't I appear directly on top of the time-travel sigil?

This room would be another 'to-many-enemies-room' but the enemies area all pretty weak and the only ones capable of ranged attacks take two hits to kill.

Let's go upwards and wait.
Aren't I standing on the 'boss' room for the future?
Why isn't there a boss here?
Disappointing. :(

Aaaand going north there's a somewhat tricky room that winning nets me YET ANOTHER potion for winning.
Lots of potions in this here dungeon.
You know, the northern room could have easily been the future-boss's room, so I don't know what is going on here.

I have aquired the boss key. Now - as far as I know - all that remains is the boss fight itself.
I do still have a couple unexplored map spaces off on the right segmented-future-dungeon place thing, but that was blocked off with rocks...
I'll go back and eye-of-truth that once I beat the boss.
Also all the unnecessary enemy-spam in this time-travel room respawned. Whatever, I don't care, straight to the boss I go, jumping all the way~

...There isn't a boss here? :(
Just a heart...
Just to remind everyone, that makes a total of 2 and 1/4 hearts in this dungeon! That's more than twice the number of heart containers a normal dungeon contains!
Impressive.

Aaand, I get a free hookshot now.
Man, how anti-climactic! Not even one boss fight when I was expecting two, and the rewards just a stupid grappling hook thing I don't really care about.
Hm. In order for this to be properly important to the main-game; the path to the final dungeon should require a grappling hook to enter. Wait. Is there even a way to make that happen considering the existence of both the feather and the hover-boots? Maybe make the hover-boots dungeon the one that requires you to obtain the hookshot to enter?

Aaand touching the shiny things teleports me to the entrance of the Vale.
Man. Anti-climax ending like crazy there.

...Why is there a flashing red light on the boss-key room-area? There isn't any boss there, or even a boss key.

And there's ANOTHER flashing light in the past-Vale. No boss THERE either.

It occurs to me - as I walk past the castle-entrance - that I never actually saw what was inside the castle entrance area, nor do I recall ever seeing the other side of that entrance.
Odd.

Why did the arrow-shooting room door close? It should just stay open permanently instead of wasting a player's time killing the keese and shooting the thingy again if they want to return to this area.
...Actually, should there even be a room that requires you to have the bow+arrows? It seems like an unnecessary thing, making sure they have said specific item, especially since if they have gotten this far without finishing some of the earlier dungeons they must be trying really hard to sequence break. We shouldn't spoil there fun like that.

According to excessive usage of the eye-of-truth, there is no way to reach the four or five rooms I have no gotten to yet - they are completely filled with unpassable rubble.

Ok then, that's it.
THE END
TL;DR
This dungeon is pretty sweet, and the concept/gimmick behind it is also pretty awesome.

There are some minor, easily fixable annoyances:
a few rooms filled to the brim with filler enemies.
Some doors that shouldn't lock you out do, requiring you to repeat an already solved puzzle, possibly multiple times.
The reward for doing something is always a potion it seems. Or a TON of rupees.
There's some minor graphics glitches, like all the bombable wall passages not being a ceiling and instead being ground link walks over.
Also you can totally walk up to the top-half and over fire in the room where the key talks to you. Nothing in that previous sentence should be something that happens I would think.

The biggest thing though: the ending is currently a massive anti-climax due to the lack of boss. :(
This dungeon really needs a final boss at the end, possibly more than one final boss considering the gimmick, but it currently has no final bosses.

Also I guess the reward for this dungeon being the hookshot means the overworld needs to have some specific obstacle that only the hookshot can get past in front of the hover-boots dungeon or something for this dungeon to work. Either that or just change the hookshot reward with a piece-of-the-thingy reward like all the other dungeons and have this one not give any item.
OR, since this dungeon uses the super-bomb, claim that the super-bomb is this dungeon's reward.
...Though, super-bombs aren't really used that often, are they?
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

I am afraid that I won't be available to make any necessary fixes due to me being busy with a couple of side projects in addition to my involvement with ZURPG. I hereby grant full permission and authorization for the core development team and organizers to fix, mend, tweak and alter my work as needed.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

You already did you work, and it's impressive.
I wish I could say that for myself...
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me: