(shouting)

AZCT - LEVEL 3 (Whistle) Thread

... zelda
Nimono

AZCT - LEVEL 3 (Whistle) Thread

Post by Nimono »

Yes, LEVEL 3 in caps. LEVEL 3's awesomeness cannot be contained within any lowercase letters. Always refer to it as LEVEL 3!

LEVEL 3 - Leever Nest (Up to dungeon item so far)

Placeholder music: M. Bison's theme. ...oh geez, I should've made it Guile's theme, it goes with EVERYTHING! D:

Stats:
I'll do stats later, it's not done.

This dungeon's theme is Leevers. Sadly, they're not used as much as I'd like because I don't want to make every room have only sand for a floor, so Stalfos are probably the most-used enemies in the dungeon. (With Leevers as second.) You start out with 6 hearts, 10 Bombs (plus the small Bomb Bag), Roc's Feather, a Boomerang, and the Wooden Sword. GOOD LUCK! The dungeon item is the Whistle. It can actually be used in some spots, but I don't recommend going to the one path it opens currently~ (It doesn't lead anywhere because that's for later!) The most important use for it is that the Whirlwind sends you back to the start of the dungeon.

There's also a room at the start of the dungeon that used to be infinitely more evil than it is now. Remember, kids: conveyors and bottomless pits work too well together to be any fun when 10 Keese are in the room! :D

Thoughts?

Check the MIDI list if you want a groan!
Last edited by Nimono 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: AZCT - LEVEL 3 (Whistle) Thread

Post by jayScribble »

I'm gonna give this one a spin: I'll report back with my edit.

Edit: What a hard-to-navigate dungeon you made.

I notice one particular bug when playing it.
When starting the dungeon, I spawned on top of a block. However, the spawning of me on the block made me immediately suspicious that the the block was movable, showing me the secret of the stairs and that I needed the whistle to continue further into the dungeon.
Seeing that map placed in a near unreachable spot until I got the first particular item made me want to have it immediately because of the dungeon layout itself.

I'll play it again some time later.
Last edited by jayScribble 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Were you the one who was making a desert-themed dungeon? I can't find the original post on that and saw sand and made the connection. Because if so, like I think I mentioned last time, I have the track I wrote for Wyvern Cavern back when it was yellow going unused and it suits a desert theme.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Doctor Shemp wrote:Were you the one who was making a desert-themed dungeon? I can't find the original post on that and saw sand and made the connection. Because if so, like I think I mentioned last time, I have the track I wrote for Wyvern Cavern back when it was yellow going unused and it suits a desert theme.
Yeah, I was. I forgot to listen to that track...lol
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Riolu180 wrote:
Doctor Shemp wrote:Were you the one who was making a desert-themed dungeon? I can't find the original post on that and saw sand and made the connection. Because if so, like I think I mentioned last time, I have the track I wrote for Wyvern Cavern back when it was yellow going unused and it suits a desert theme.
Yeah, I was. I forgot to listen to that track...lol
http://www.filedropper.com/leevernest
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Awesome, I like that song. Also, uh, for some reason, some changes I made just before uploading the .qst got undone when, despite saving them and closing out Zelda Classic, it...apparently didn't save right. .-. If you start out in the top-right area of a room to walk into a block, redownload from this post, please; otherwise, it's fine.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Riolu180 wrote:Awesome, I like that song.
Sweet, well that's sorted then.
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I played through the level so far. Here are my thoughts in random order:

You really should have used more sand and leevers here, like you yourself mentioned. A good place I think would be the cross-shaped room right before the first staircase you go down. Change that to sand and throw some leevers in there; maybe take out some keese for them or something.

Seeing water in a desert level like that was weird. Probably should make that room full of pits instead.

I LOVE the map thing you did. It's perfect.

I was saddened greatly that you didn't use the moving sand thing more. Would have been interesting fighting leevers in a moving room. Plus it seemed weird to have the darknut room right after the moving sand room have immobile sand all of a sudden.

I like the really big room. Makes the thing feel like a dungeon and not just a collection of rooms stitched together, you know? Having the exit be in a little side-corridor thing though...well, (once again) it felt weird that the giant square room wasn't actually a giant square, but instead had walls sticking into it on one side. Kind of broke that whole 'feels like a dungeon' thing for me, which is a real shame.

I like the mirror-appearing thing on the note-block tiles. People doing higher-level dungeons or overworld stuff should think about including those in their levels.

Is the boss of this level going to just be like a single level 3 leever? Maybe two or three of them? Because as mentioned repeatedly in the Proving Grounds thread, those things are dangerous. Boss enemy level dangerous perhaps?

Is the side-view whistle supposed to work right now? Because it doesn't. It just plays the secret found sound over and over if you whistle there but doesn't actually summon any ground to walk on.

It's nice to see the 360 degree sword thing that was talked about be used in an actual dungeon, even if the sprite doesn't quite match up. It really changes how you play the game.

...What was with that single left-facing statue in that one room? The one with the map. That thing just screams secret but I couldn't get it to do anything. I don't think I actually tried every item on it though... definitely not the whistle at least.

The room with the compass and a single mummy-guy was pretty empty feeling. Change the ground to sand and add some leevers?

Well, that's all the commentary, criticism and praise I can think of right now. OH WAIT! The music was great. I liked that part. Yeah.
Ok, NOW that's all the stuff I have to say. Looking forward to seeing the complete product. :D

EDIT: I AM A LYING LIAR WHO LIES ALSO THE BIT WHERE YOU USED BOMBS WAS GOOD I LIKED THAT PART AS WELL
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Riolu180 wrote:Yes, LEVEL 3 in caps. LEVEL 3's awesomeness cannot be contained within any lowercase letters. Always refer to it as LEVEL 3!
THEN I SAW VIDEO THREE...THREE NIGGAS...THRRREEEEE!!!!!! IT...WAS...THHHHHHRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE­EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!THREEEE­EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
AND COCO WAS HIS NAME NIGGA, COCO WAS HIS MOTHERfu*kING NAME!!!!!!

Okay, I played through most of the dungeon I got stuck at a part :c and so far, it's very good! Not bad, Riolu guy! Sakura's SFA2 theme > Guile's SF2 theme btw
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

I remember playing the first thing you released where I spawned on top of the stair room: I was really stuck on one part of the entire level and I was trapped because I couldn't find the key. It was when I restarted, used the key on the bottom part and got the map that I realized I was using the wrong .qst the entire time and reached the actual dungeon entrance instead of that random room I was in, so ignore my first post about the bug: you already fixed it.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Wow, a lot of stuff to respond to from you! My comments are bolded and italicized since I'm too lazy to split everything off into its own quote right now lol
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:I played through the level so far. Here are my thoughts in random order:

You really should have used more sand and leevers here, like you yourself mentioned. A good place I think would be the cross-shaped room right before the first staircase you go down. Change that to sand and throw some leevers in there; maybe take out some keese for them or something.

Well, at first, the sand was the Slow Walk combo; this is why the sand is actually barely used, I found it annoying to walk through. Then I just went "f diz" to the Slow Walk combo just before 'release' and changed it to a (none) combo type. I'm still not sure that's a good idea because some people might be using that combo in their dungeons to actually slow people down, not as mere sand like the original game...

Seeing water in a desert level like that was weird. Probably should make that room full of pits instead.

Oases exist! And uh, the water is only there because I felt that you guys would find the pits stale. Pits are the pits, yeah?

I LOVE the map thing you did. It's perfect.

<3 I had a hard time coming up with a dungeon layout, but then I decided that since the theme is desert, and I intend to use Leevers a lot... ;)

I was saddened greatly that you didn't use the moving sand thing more. Would have been interesting fighting leevers in a moving room. Plus it seemed weird to have the darknut room right after the moving sand room have immobile sand all of a sudden.

Yeah I dunno what to do with the Darknut room. lol. Moving sand was actually used a bit more previously...as combos to push you into pits. You know that 10-Keese room at the start with the pit in the middle? Yeah, that pit was smaller at first, with pits going off to the corners, and sand pushing you towards them. Kept falling in the pits a heck of a lot so I changed it. Same with the Whistle room. Come to think of it, moving sand + leevers would probably be great in the room before the whistle, just to change up how you fight them. Perhaps another pit in the middle? GOSH I LOVE PITS.

I like the really big room. Makes the thing feel like a dungeon and not just a collection of rooms stitched together, you know? Having the exit be in a little side-corridor thing though...well, (once again) it felt weird that the giant square room wasn't actually a giant square, but instead had walls sticking into it on one side. Kind of broke that whole 'feels like a dungeon' thing for me, which is a real shame.

The top two halves are meant for later on, so I didn't want to give people any chance to break the dungeon by jumping the pits. Yes, I'm sticking you on a single path, but with dungeons like this, you...probably should...

I like the mirror-appearing thing on the note-block tiles. People doing higher-level dungeons or overworld stuff should think about including those in their levels.

Thanks! They're not mirrors, though, they're platforms. That are white.

Is the boss of this level going to just be like a single level 3 leever? Maybe two or three of them? Because as mentioned repeatedly in the Proving Grounds thread, those things are dangerous. Boss enemy level dangerous perhaps?

Nope! It WAS going to be a single level 3 leever, but since people are having so much trouble with them with end-game equipment, it'd be a very bad idea to put it in LEVEL 3...

Is the side-view whistle supposed to work right now? Because it doesn't. It just plays the secret found sound over and over if you whistle there but doesn't actually summon any ground to walk on.

No, it's not. Not sure if I want to make it spawn a sideview platform or just more blocks like the other whistle spot.

...What was with that single left-facing statue in that one room? The one with the map. That thing just screams secret but I couldn't get it to do anything. I don't think I actually tried every item on it though... definitely not the whistle at least.

Oops! I was meaning to have that shoot fireballs. I knew I was forgetting something! D:

The room with the compass and a single mummy-guy was pretty empty feeling. Change the ground to sand and add some leevers?

I thought the Gibdo would be enough of a challenge, but I guess with the boomerang, he's not...
And there we have it!
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Riolu180 wrote: I thought the Gibdo would be enough of a challenge, but I guess with the boomerang, he's not...
He's not even a challenge without anything but the roc's feather and the sword: whenever it's facing me in the middle, I slash it, recoiling it backwards and I loop until it's dead.

I mean here's what I did against it: when he spawns in the middle section, I jump the gap with the roc's feather and I attack him and he recoils. He moves to the left and I attack him again, recoiling him again. This process loops until I kill it, giving me an easy compass.

I would suggest putting one more Gibdo or a few stalfos to make the room more challenging.
Neobullseye

Post by Neobullseye »

So... I think I broke the game. Into a million pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEs30um ... Vw&index=1

Physics shouldn't work like that D:!

PS: Is there a way to nest Youtube videos so that they can be played on-site?
Because kitty.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Neobullseye wrote:So... I think I broke the game. Into a million pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEs30um ... Vw&index=1

Physics shouldn't work like that D:!

PS: Is there a way to nest Youtube videos so that they can be played on-site?
wth how on earth did that happen D: I guess I'll just have to make that room either like the original game, or not have it on screen 80... Yeah, I guess I'll just do the latter. No harm, yeah?
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Neobullseye wrote:Is there a way to nest Youtube videos so that they can be played on-site?

Code: Select all

[youtube]<youtube watch code>[/youtube]
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

I should've waited before releasing that "demo". I only had about SEVEN ROOMS left to make...lol So, here's an update. It can be completed start to finish, but with a twist! THERE IS NO BOSS. Well, sorta; I put a Level 3 Leever in the boss room until I get the REAL boss done, which may be a while. It's also a secret as to what it will be, but I'll give you a hint: It's related to the placeholder. :3 Also, don't worry, the leever's been nerfed to only do 1/4 heart of damage per hit, so it's not gonna kill you ultra fast...maybe. <:3
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Yeah, I was about to report the bug, but I didn't reached the room in the second .qst, as well as wondering if the "black rooms" were intentional, so I wasn't sure about if you fixed it or not. I should've spoken up sooner.

I kinda exploited the bug in the first .qst, but then I got stuck in some blocks within another room and I was forced to restart, or use the whistle.

I'll give the "completed" one a go later.
KingTwelveSixteen

Commentary!

Hm. The mini-map that appears in the top-left of the screen doesn't have the bomb-able passage shown as an actual passage now? Was it always like that and you could only find the bomb-able passage with the bigger one, or did you change that?

I like how there is now much more sand and leevers in this dungeon, as well as the inclusion of more moving-sand stuff. I didn't expect the giant room to suddenly become sand but looking at in now it makes perfect sense. Also the single line of blocks blocking you looks nicer than the double-block-wall you had there before. Plus the 'gradual switch' thing with the square tiles you had on the right screen looks pretty sweet.

That one room where there is a bunch of moving sand in the middle that makes you go to the middle of the room when you touch it makes it feel like a quicksand thing, and I found myself thinking that going into the middle of it would make it suck me down. It doesn't though. It just kills you because it's really hard to get out of and there are enemies in the room. Unless you jump I guess. I don't know where I was going with this comment.

You can still glitch everything by leaving the whistle-place and then walking left or right instead of just going up more.

The side-view room past the first music-note place you can reach is broken! None of the ladders work, trapping you in the little pit in the first room of it if you fall in (I feel like noting here that since this is the whistle dungeon and it's easy to return back to this room after using said whistle that making a pit which is actually impossible to get out of if you fall in would be 'fair' in my book. Glitch things are just annoying though.), or the second room if you do the jumps correctly in the first room. :(

Ahahaha! :lol: I'm playing through the level as I type stuff in, and the Wizzrobes in the mirror-puzzle room just killed two of themselves via reflection! Hilarious! Those guys are the perfect enemy for this room. The whistle-mirror puzzle itself though - well, it doesn't work! The wind inexplicably disappears when it hits the top-right mirror, well before it can complete it's circuit around the room and hit the blue thingy. It's too bad, because I really like this room, even though it is slightly annoying since you can only blow the whistle once on each screen to get a whirlwind before you have to leave and come back to get another. Is there a quest rule or something we could check to remove that?

You know, going back through the dungeon again after getting the whistle and then doing the stuff at the start is really annoying; especially when there is only a single line of square blocks preventing you from taking a major shortcut! You should put a music-note there, and whistling at it should give the player a useful shortcut so they don't have to re-do a large portion of the dungeon.

Due to glitching, I cannot get through this locked door and am thus unable to complete the dungeon. Sadness. :cry:
Neobullseye

Post by Neobullseye »

So, a few minor things.

1: As noted in the previous comment, the treasure room with the Flute/Recorder is still broken. I like the new looks of the place though :D
In fact, it seems to be even more broken than before. Those rooms don't even lign up D:! My head hurts...

1.5: I managed to use aforementioned glitch to steal the Triforce XD!
Explanation time: I noticed that, when I went to the left, the game dumped me at the screen with the locked door on the path that leads to the boss (The one just after the flute bridge in the first side-scrolling section you find.) Using the knowledge I've got when playing around with this bug the first time I've noticed it, I went to the right instead, leaving me at one of those black rooms on the far-right border of the map. Finally, knowing where the Triforce was due to having the Compass, I could just walk straight up, "warp" through the side wall and snatch the shiny triangle of plot advancement.

Addendum: When I grabbed the Triforce, I was warped to an empty "trasure room"; likely because of the game not knowing where to warp you to, thus going for a default location instead. Also, this room was subject to the same glitchyness as the other treasure room.

2: You know the room with the Gibdo, Leevers and co. that holds the Compass? I like the inclusion of moving sands for a challenge, but having a unigue treasure flow straight towards a pit is sort of disturbing. I mean, I know it can't actually fall into said pit, but still... Maybe you could place a single row of stone tiles somewhere in the center column, then make the Compass spawn on top of it?

3: The bombable wall that leads to the portion of the dungeon that holds the Flute and the 2*2 room is broken; Link walks over the wall instead of through the hole, or so to speak. It's sort of hard to describe, but I hope you know what I mean.

4: As noted before, the Mirror puzzle is broken: The whirlwind just disappears when it hits the top-right mirror. Sadly, because of how the room is designed, I can't test if it's just the Whirlwind running out of steam or if it's that one mirror that's broken; the former would likeley need the entire puzzle to be remade. Either way, due to this it's impossible to get the Boss Key.

5. Another note that's been noted before: The second sidescrolling screen is also broken, with none of the ladders working. As a result you can't get to one of the small keys.
Because kitty.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Oh dear, I've made quite a mess.

Once again, my comments are bolded and italicized due to laziness.
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Commentary!

Hm. The mini-map that appears in the top-left of the screen doesn't have the bomb-able passage shown as an actual passage now? Was it always like that and you could only find the bomb-able passage with the bigger one, or did you change that?

I changed that. I figured it'd be better if I didn't give away the fact that the wall is bombable. Besides, the mere fact that there's a pit blocking the upper half gives it away that something's up there. :P

I like how there is now much more sand and leevers in this dungeon, as well as the inclusion of more moving-sand stuff. I didn't expect the giant room to suddenly become sand but looking at in now it makes perfect sense. Also the single line of blocks blocking you looks nicer than the double-block-wall you had there before. Plus the 'gradual switch' thing with the square tiles you had on the right screen looks pretty sweet.

Thanks!

That one room where there is a bunch of moving sand in the middle that makes you go to the middle of the room when you touch it makes it feel like a quicksand thing, and I found myself thinking that going into the middle of it would make it suck me down. It doesn't though. It just kills you because it's really hard to get out of and there are enemies in the room. Unless you jump I guess. I don't know where I was going with this comment.

The first dungeon gives you the Roc's Feather; why shouldn't I expect people to abuse it? :P I could make the very center be non-moving sand, though, if you want. Which room is it, exactly? On the way to the first staircase?

You can still glitch everything by leaving the whistle-place and then walking left or right instead of just going up more.

Oh CRUD! I never realized there was a line of tiles at the very top, I was wondering how you guys were able to walk around up there! D: That has now been fixed!

The side-view room past the first music-note place you can reach is broken! None of the ladders work, trapping you in the little pit in the first room of it if you fall in (I feel like noting here that since this is the whistle dungeon and it's easy to return back to this room after using said whistle that making a pit which is actually impossible to get out of if you fall in would be 'fair' in my book. Glitch things are just annoying though.), or the second room if you do the jumps correctly in the first room. :(

Whoops. Got too used to not having to place FFCs for the pits to work that I forgot that I have to place them to make sideview ladders work. lol That has been fixed now.

Ahahaha! :lol: I'm playing through the level as I type stuff in, and the Wizzrobes in the mirror-puzzle room just killed two of themselves via reflection! Hilarious! Those guys are the perfect enemy for this room. The whistle-mirror puzzle itself though - well, it doesn't work! The wind inexplicably disappears when it hits the top-right mirror, well before it can complete it's circuit around the room and hit the blue thingy. It's too bad, because I really like this room, even though it is slightly annoying since you can only blow the whistle once on each screen to get a whirlwind before you have to leave and come back to get another. Is there a quest rule or something we could check to remove that?

I guess it's because that blue tile is right next to the mirror. That tile is marked as "Block All", so it's probably saying the whirlwind touched it even though it shouldn't be. I moved it one tile to the right, as well as the mirror reflecting to it. Hopefully, that fixes it.

And no, I don't think there's a rule to be able to use the whistle more than once.

You know, going back through the dungeon again after getting the whistle and then doing the stuff at the start is really annoying; especially when there is only a single line of square blocks preventing you from taking a major shortcut! You should put a music-note there, and whistling at it should give the player a useful shortcut so they don't have to re-do a large portion of the dungeon.

Eh, I guess it wouldn't break any sequence, so I might as well. You do know you can ride the whirlwind back to the start of the dungeon though, right

Due to glitching, I cannot get through this locked door and am thus unable to complete the dungeon. Sadness. :cry:

I'm sorry:cry:
Neobullseye wrote:So, a few minor things.

1: As noted in the previous comment, the treasure room with the Flute/Recorder is still broken. I like the new looks of the place though :D
In fact, it seems to be even more broken than before. Those rooms don't even lign up D:! My head hurts...

As I said before, fixed now.

1.5: I managed to use aforementioned glitch to steal the Triforce XD!
Explanation time: I noticed that, when I went to the left, the game dumped me at the screen with the locked door on the path that leads to the boss (The one just after the flute bridge in the first side-scrolling section you find.) Using the knowledge I've got when playing around with this bug the first time I've noticed it, I went to the right instead, leaving me at one of those black rooms on the far-right border of the map. Finally, knowing where the Triforce was due to having the Compass, I could just walk straight up, "warp" through the side wall and snatch the shiny triangle of plot advancement.

lol

Addendum: When I grabbed the Triforce, I was warped to an empty "trasure room"; likely because of the game not knowing where to warp you to, thus going for a default location instead. Also, this room was subject to the same glitchyness as the other treasure room.

I didn't set a warp because there's no overworld yet...

2: You know the room with the Gibdo, Leevers and co. that holds the Compass? I like the inclusion of moving sands for a challenge, but having a unigue treasure flow straight towards a pit is sort of disturbing. I mean, I know it can't actually fall into said pit, but still... Maybe you could place a single row of stone tiles somewhere in the center column, then make the Compass spawn on top of it?

Oh. I thought only enemy drops got moved. I put some non-moving sand under the compass so it can't touch the pit.

3: The bombable wall that leads to the portion of the dungeon that holds the Flute and the 2*2 room is broken; Link walks over the wall instead of through the hole, or so to speak. It's sort of hard to describe, but I hope you know what I mean.

It's not a bug, it's part of the fact that those tiles aren't set to overhead. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if the Freeform Dungeons rule was off, Link would probably go under it by default... I'll just make a new combo for that and set it to Overhead. That'll fix it.

4: As noted before, the Mirror puzzle is broken: The whirlwind just disappears when it hits the top-right mirror. Sadly, because of how the room is designed, I can't test if it's just the Whirlwind running out of steam or if it's that one mirror that's broken; the former would likeley need the entire puzzle to be remade. Either way, due to this it's impossible to get the Boss Key.

See earlier explanation.

5. Another note that's been noted before: The second sidescrolling screen is also broken, with none of the ladders working. As a result you can't get to one of the small keys.

See earlier explanation.
KingTwelveSixteen

Eh, I guess it wouldn't break any sequence, so I might as well. You do know you can ride the whirlwind back to the start of the dungeon though, right
Well yes, but that doesn't help when after you use the whistle to get at the two things at the start you have to re-do a large portion going back down the original path the same way you did the first time, otherwise you will never solve the dungeon since the other note-block (the one that brings you to the dungeon boss area, and thus must be taken last) is a ways along that path instead of at the start like the other two whistle things.
Neobullseye

Post by Neobullseye »

So, I just had an idea... Would there be a way for us to actually use the "bug" we've found in the earlier versions of those treasure rooms? You know, like how in Mario 1 the Warp Zone could be found by running over the top of the screen.
Because kitty.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Well yes, but that doesn't help when after you use the whistle to get at the two things at the start you have to re-do a large portion going back down the original path the same way you did the first time, otherwise you will never solve the dungeon since the other note-block (the one that brings you to the dungeon boss area, and thus must be taken last) is a ways along that path instead of at the start like the other two whistle things.
OH! I see what you mean now. Ooh, great idea. I'll get right on that!

EDIT: Here's the updated version! It's also in the first post now as well.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Well, I tried the latest .qst: what a long level you made.

I was really stuck on the mirror puzzle:
at first, I though that you had to use the wizzrobe attacks to activate the blue star thingy and I was about to report that the puzzle was not working.
I then realize the wording "whirlwind" was related to the whistle, so at first I used the whirlwind to hit the blue star: no dice.
I then tried to hit the mirror directly with the whirlwind: for some reason it passed through it. I then tried it again, only this time I was positioned 1/3 tile down: it hit the mirror and I saw it reflecting among the other mirrors and hit the the blue star: still nothing happened.
I then realized that you need to be in the whirlwind to get to the other side.
I did so and got through, but with one heart left, I was dead in the 6 blue leevers room.
A smart puzzle, but this is something that people will get stuck on for a while.

Without further ado, a bug report:
zelda005.png
For some reason, going up the ladder here is a problem: I need to be exactly in the middle to get up there. (I know that you can do the jump with the roc's feather, but someone less patient would find this annoying to do.
zelda006.png
In loving memory...
After beating the dungeon, I was warped to this room: there was no music and the "walking in the black" glitch happened. I then went back here doing the walking in black thing and going back to where I came from and this is where I end up:
zelda007.png
I know this is after the dungeon so nothing too major.
That boss is hard to catch: good thing I packed my boomerang to stop it.
Neobullseye

Post by Neobullseye »

The latter problem is simply the game not knowing where to warp you to, this due to there being no Overworld yet; I've had the exact same problem in the previous version after glitching into the Triforce room. It didn't happen in the Level 1 dungeon due to the fact that Raekuul made a filler OW.

I'll make a test run sometime later today.
Because kitty.