(shouting)

Wizzrobe's House (Level 0)

... zelda
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Wizzrobe's House (Level 0)

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B--7KB7 ... sp=sharing

So, I said in the big planning thread that I would make a dungeon 0 that contains the wooden sword, since nobody had done anything with it yet. I have done so, though there is still a bit near the end I would like to change, but making art is hard so I haven't done it yet.

Wizzrobe's House is a house/dungeon that either contains one Wizzrobe (of the windy persuasion) per room, or just one Wizzrobe total, depending on how you look at things. The goal of the dungeon is to reach the wooden sword while Mr. Wizzrobe tries to use his magic to throw you out of the house for trespassing, you horrible criminal you. Also he has some statues that shoot stuff at your face, and there may or may not be a simple puzzle and some locked doors involved.

Spoilery Stats (try playing it first):
Dungeon Room x8
DMap x1
Dungeon Boss: Wizzrobe (Wind) x7
Kill Room x1 (It's the boss room with the sword)
Block Pushing Puzzle x1
Statue That Shoots You x24
Wooden Sword x1
Dungeon Specific Key x2
Rubies x20 (Boss Reward)
Extra Rooms Used As Layers x2
Player Punch x1 (if I did it right)
Please provide constructive criticism and/or raving complements. Neutral commentary is also allowed.
Moosh

Re: Wizzrobe's House (Level 0)

Post by Moosh »

I really like this dungeon. It has a pretty cool concept behind it, it's witty, and it's pleasant to look at (although we can't all use the level 1 palette :P). It just feels...very ASMTish. There may also be a bit of personal bias here since wind projectiles are pretty much my favorite thing ever. I also really like how you made every room a boss room so he won't return no matter where you kill him. If this doesn't make it into the final release, I'll be a pretty sad panda.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Moosh wrote:I really like this dungeon. It has a pretty cool concept behind it, it's witty, and it's pleasant to look at (although we can't all use the level 1 palette :P).
Pretty much this.

If we're going with the "Sheath is doing this quest thing because she wants to be a bachelorette and whoever else wins gets to marry her" story, maybe the Wizrobe could be one of her dad's minions, trying to keep her away from the sword?
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Had a test with the "house": kinda hard to dodge all the fireballs, but it kinda fits the theme with the first dungeon Wyvern Cavern: avoid all enemies and attacks until necessary. Not only you need a bit of cunning, you also need a strategy when facing Wizzrobe himself.

Dang it, protagonist: Wizzrobe had a family. You monster!
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

jayScribble wrote:Dang it, protagonist: Wizzrobe had a family. You monster!
In my headcanon, he's a hikikomori
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
LaularuKyrumo

Post by LaularuKyrumo »

Level 0 is level 0, and does what it should. It's like the Maku Tree/Hero's Cave from LoZ Ages/Seasons, only I died about six times from excessive fireballs. Which, considering this is a Talkhaus project, is acceptable. :P One thing I noticed though, I wasn't sure how long you had to push the block in the first sealed room, so finding the block was a little harder than usual--I died twice just in there.
"Excuse me, I should be allowed to play Kaizo of my own volition and then spend every episode complaining and asking "why did I play this???" while savescumming."
KingTwelveSixteen

Ver. 1.0

Now with added graphics in the final room! They are custom made by me and everything. Nothing else has changed though.

Well, you know...If nobody really has any problems with this dungeon that they haven't mentioned yet or they notice something they think should be changed (please say something if you think any part is in some way bad) than this dungeon is officially complete! :)
KingTwelveSixteen

LaularuKyrumo wrote:Level 0 is level 0, and does what it should. It's like the Maku Tree/Hero's Cave from LoZ Ages/Seasons, only I died about six times from excessive fireballs. Which, considering this is a Talkhaus project, is acceptable. :P One thing I noticed though, I wasn't sure how long you had to push the block in the first sealed room, so finding the block was a little harder than usual--I died twice just in there.
Ah... :?

You did look at the patterns on the ground, right? Because I left a hint there.
KingTwelveSixteen

New: version 1.3

Some very small changes were made. Rupee goes into the chest instead of inexplicably sitting outside an open one (seriously, why did I do that? I can't remember.), the room right through the first key door is a little different, I made the tiles around the hidden push thingy more obvious, and I fixed a graphical glitch nobody noticed with the tree in the final room (It's trunk used to be blue).

Anybody notice anything else they think I should change?
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I finally made a track for this dungeon. It's pretty chill which I thought would be appropriate for Dungeon 0.
KingTwelveSixteen

...I do not know how to run nsf files. :(
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I use NSFPlay but another way is to open up ZQuest, go to Etc -> Play Music and choose the file. Alternatively you can build the dungeon using the NSF by setting it as the Enhanced Music for that DMap and then play the dungeon in Zelda Classic and listen to it that way.

The most convenient way is the first way and NSFPlay is a tiny download.
KingTwelveSixteen

I like it, it's pretty neat. :)