(shouting)

AZCT: Bracelet Dungeon Thread

... zelda
Pheonix
still the harpy guy

AZCT: Bracelet Dungeon Thread

Post by Pheonix »

Progress: ??% [Planning, drawing required graphics]

This dungeon is a large labyrinth, most of which is initially closed off. As one progresses through the dungeon and hits the four switches contained within, these barriers retract, eventually allowing one access to the bracelet.

The dungeon occupies three floors: the small entranceway, a second floor where most of the labyrinth's mazelike aspects take place in, and a third floor which contains the switches and a nasty maze before the boss proper.

The midbosses of the dungeon are your typical elemental-type monsters, and guard each of the switches. They're going to be the sort of enemy that's easily taken down if you know what they're weak to/how to approach them, but annoying otherwise.

Other information:
4 DMaps
4 keys/4 locked doors
Custom Palette
4 minibosses, which will be custom enemies (that will appear again as regular enemies in the runup to the boss
1 boss, which will be another custom enemy
16 sideview rooms

Also, I'm not completely sure on the name just yet.
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs
https://twitter.com/ffeenixcks
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: AZCT: Bracelet Dungeon Thread

Post by jayScribble »

I think "Mystic Labyrinth" is a good name for it, but it's up to you to name the dungeon.

Judging from the screenshot you showed out, wizzrobes are in the dungeon: great... (not that's going to be a problem until I test it out)

When can you predict the dungeon will be available for testing?
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Pheonix
still the harpy guy

Post by Pheonix »

Okay, you know what. I very quickly lost any motivation to actually work on this thing, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get that motivation back. Someone else can pick up this dungeon.
pheonix/feenicks/ffeenicxkcs
https://twitter.com/ffeenixcks
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

If it's alright with the project organizer (raekuul, I think?) and Pheonix, and everyone else (i.e. anyone else that would like to claim a dungeon), I'd like to tentatively claim this dungeon. I have some ideas, though it partially depends on what we can do with this engine.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

CodeGorilla wrote:If it's alright with the project organizer (raekuul, I think?) and Pheonix, and everyone else (i.e. anyone else that would like to claim a dungeon), I'd like to tentatively claim this dungeon. I have some ideas, though it partially depends on what we can do with this engine.
Riolu180 is the current project manager, and I would say that you learn how to do things with the engine and editor before committing yourself to building the dungeon: the people who already had a test copy out is either someone who has a lot of time on their hand or is already an experienced user of the editor.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

jayScribble wrote:
CodeGorilla wrote:If it's alright with the project organizer (raekuul, I think?) and Pheonix, and everyone else (i.e. anyone else that would like to claim a dungeon), I'd like to tentatively claim this dungeon. I have some ideas, though it partially depends on what we can do with this engine.
Riolu180 is the current project manager, and I would say that you learn how to do things with the engine and editor before committing yourself to building the dungeon: the people who already had a test copy out is either someone who has a lot of time on their hand or is already an experienced user of the editor.
Whoops, got the project coordinator wrong. >>;

And I've got the basics of the editor and scripting down. It's more the limitations that I'm unsure about for the moment.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

CodeGorilla wrote: Whoops, got the project coordinator wrong. >>;

And I've got the basics of the editor and scripting down. It's more the limitations that I'm unsure about for the moment.
Well, don't worry about that! We can all help you out. :D Don't be afraid to ask if you ever need any help with anything. :)
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

Well, with regards to the item itself, I'm working on a script to make the item work like the power gloves from LttP. The only part of that I'm uncertain about working correctly is the graphic of Link carrying the rock - everything else I'm fairly certain will work, with a little effort. Is this something people are interested in? It doesn't even have to replace the original functionality of the item; it could easily be done in addition to the old functionality with a little work-around.

Thoughts?
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

CodeGorilla wrote:Well, with regards to the item itself, I'm working on a script to make the item work like the power gloves from LttP. The only part of that I'm uncertain about working correctly is the graphic of Link carrying the rock - everything else I'm fairly certain will work, with a little effort. Is this something people are interested in? It doesn't even have to replace the original functionality of the item; it could easily be done in addition to the old functionality with a little work-around.

Thoughts?
Actually, that's been scripted before! I'm not sure if it's up-to-date, though. Either way, it's easy to make the item have both functions. I think the game just checks if you have the bracelet itemclass at all when pushing heavy blocks, so you could make it a usable item, give it the script, and set it to the Bracelet class. Ding, done! Now you can push and pull blocks, if I'm correct. Now, lemme go get you that script...

EDIT: Here it is. Follow the instructions, and it should work! ...I should probably start a thread soon to organize what scripts are being used, and giving links to the .zh files people should use to make their scripts work. (Namely, ghost.zh and ffcscript.zh.)
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

Riolu180 wrote: Actually, that's been scripted before! I'm not sure if it's up-to-date, though. Either way, it's easy to make the item have both functions. I think the game just checks if you have the bracelet itemclass at all when pushing heavy blocks, so you could make it a usable item, give it the script, and set it to the Bracelet class. Ding, done! Now you can push and pull blocks, if I'm correct. Now, lemme go get you that script...
I was going more for being able to pick up and throw rocks with the bracelet, resulting in a functionality that I suppose is actually more similar to Link's Awakening. Is that something that's been done as well? I tried digging through the PureZC script databases, but didn't see anything.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

CodeGorilla wrote: I was going more for being able to pick up and throw rocks with the bracelet, resulting in a functionality that I suppose is actually more similar to Link's Awakening. Is that something that's been done as well? I tried digging through the PureZC script databases, but didn't see anything.
I just linked to a script that does that. :P
CodeGorilla

Post by CodeGorilla »

Well dang. XD At least I was on the right track, though...