AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

... zelda
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Post by jayScribble »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: 6 years ago Important question

Should Like-Likes be allowed in talkhaus collabs?
In my honest opinion, I allow them if the game does three things with the shield eating ones:
  • Demotes you to a weaker shield if it eats it, as opposed to no shield on Link when it eats it.
  • If it allows high tier shields to be repurchased and at a reasonable price or at a discount if you already have that shield tier unlocked.
  • If the shield shop is at a convenient place, like near the dungeon where shield eating Like-Likes are common.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
https://nabe.talkhaus.com/

Post by Nabe »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: 6 years ago Important question

Should Like-Likes be allowed in talkhaus collabs?
Absolutely! A mysterious and hateful creature, found in some dark corners of the world, vomits up innumerable shields...
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

What's left that needs to be done to get this project finished? What can I help with? I have over a decade of ZC experience and I want to see this get done. Let me know.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Well, I would like someone to replace me with respect to designing Level 6 (dungeon that provides the Lens of Truth as its dungeon item). Right now it's a short sidescrolling dungeon that... doesn't really work well.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago Well, I would like someone to replace me with respect to designing Level 6 (dungeon that provides the Lens of Truth as its dungeon item). Right now it's a short sidescrolling dungeon that... doesn't really work well.
I can do that, I have great ideas for a dungeon that uses that. Can you send me the file and details? Maybe your sidescrolling section can be the cave or path to the dungeon like OoA level 8.
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Barring any changes that I missed due to being a practical hermit for the past two years, everything should be in the dropbox folder. Unfortunately I don't remember which username here corresponds to the email that dropbox says is the owner.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago I can do that, I have great ideas for a dungeon that uses that. Can you send me the file and details? Maybe your sidescrolling section can be the cave or path to the dungeon like OoA level 8.
I have the files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qug8apucqk8yn ... s.zip?dl=0

It might be a bit outdated since Nabe has the master copy, but do some changes as you please with this one.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years ago
Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago I can do that, I have great ideas for a dungeon that uses that. Can you send me the file and details? Maybe your sidescrolling section can be the cave or path to the dungeon like OoA level 8.
I have the files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qug8apucqk8yn ... s.zip?dl=0

It might be a bit outdated since Nabe has the master copy, but do some changes as you please with this one.
Perfect, I'll get started on it right away, thanks!
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Which version of ZC are you guys using? Which tilepage and combo page can I use for custom gfx?
Also which level palette can I use for custom palette?
Last edited by Awakenyourmind 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago Well, I would like someone to replace me with respect to designing Level 6 (dungeon that provides the Lens of Truth as its dungeon item). Right now it's a short sidescrolling dungeon that... doesn't really work well.
Can I completely re design this level?
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Go ahead
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I feel like Nabe could probably help you.
Nabe wrote:ping
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.
All I know from the resource thread is that Maps 8-10 are claimed for dungeon 6, so you could start from there. Combo 2504-2887 and Enemies e213-220 are also available for use. If there is anything else you want to know about?
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.
All I know from the resource thread is that Maps 8-10 are claimed for dungeon 6, so you could start from there. Combo 2504-2887 and Enemies e213-220 are also available for use. If there is anything else you want to know about?
Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit: Can I use an .spc for the soundtrack or midi only?

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years agoWhich level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?
02B-02E is available for the palettes, so you can choose one of those.

Preferably .scp, but MIDI would work as well.

2.50.29 is the one we're using according to the master file, but I don't know about compatibility with 2.50.2.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Posts! Ack!
Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago
Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Hey, welcome back! 2.50.2 is fine. A good NSF would be coolest of all, but MIDI or SMC is fine after that.

I don't mind fixing graphics associations down the road in the merge if you've already started with tiles, but somewhere in the range of tilepage 190-199 or after 225 would be ideal.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Nabe wrote: 6 years ago Posts! Ack!

Hey, welcome back! 2.50.2 is fine. A good NSF would be coolest of all, but MIDI or SMC is fine after that.

I don't mind fixing graphics associations down the road in the merge if you've already started with tiles, but somewhere in the range of tilepage 190-199 or after 225 would be ideal.
I started at page 180. If you can fix it like you said that's be great, or I could start over again.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

I started at page 180. If you can fix it like you said that's be great, or I could start over again.
180-190 is just fine as well.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Nabe wrote: 6 years ago

Ok great. If you know anyone who's good with palettes, I'm open to changing the palette to be brighter and more psychic-ish, rather then dark.
I tried but didnt like how it looked.
Nabe
Still working on AZCT

Post by Nabe »

Nabe wrote: 6 years ago
Ok great. If you know anyone who's good with palettes, I'm open to changing the palette to be brighter and more psychic-ish, rather then dark.
I tried but didnt like how it looked.
What if you kept it as it is now (because the screenshots in your thread look good) but the dungeon had a different palette when you use the lens? You could even have some things look different visually, or be animated, like waving tongues or undulating walls.

Running from now 'til Canada Day!