(shouting)

Let's try to get this done by the end of the year.

... zelda
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Re: Let's try to get this done by the end of the year.

Post by camwoodstock »

so like. admittedly we have much less of a race horse in the "let's revive and actually finish AZCT!" thing. but out of morbid curiosity, are we gonna recycle the romhack shack (just y'know, making a new channel for AZCT stuffs) & also hopefully give this a proper github? since having a discord and a github helped out a bunch with both A2XT:E2 and also AAT, so like, we can't imagine not setting that sorta stuff up for it if we wanna go all out on finishing AZCT
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach
"illusion of gaia is earthbound. yakuza is earthbound" the people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 4 weeks ago so like. admittedly we have much less of a race horse in the "let's revive and actually finish AZCT!" thing. but out of morbid curiosity, are we gonna recycle the romhack shack (just y'know, making a new channel for AZCT stuffs) & also hopefully give this a proper github? since having a discord and a github helped out a bunch with both A2XT:E2 and also AAT, so like, we can't imagine not setting that sorta stuff up for it if we wanna go all out on finishing AZCT
idk how Nabe feels about this, and there isn't much to finish. Just replace the Lens of Truth dungeon (which was by shemp) and finish the final marathon dungeon, and any custom music by Shemp can just be replaced by other music.

Like fr i can just dig out the Memories of Puyo Puyo midi i used for my dungeon originally, it's cool.

I think a Github would help with an AZCT2 in the VERY LOW CHANCE we ever get the brainworms for that (and I wouldn't force Nabe to work on it, the poor guy) but I'd much rather Nabe answer to all of this for AZCT in specific. And no, I'm not really planning a sequel right the fuck now, rest assured.

I sent Nabe a message on his Discord account (we're friends), but he's currently busy with Elden Ring('s DLC?) so that should take a few days or a week at least, maybe less if it's on his stream since he'll probably play it for longer rather than boot it up for a couple of hours.

Since this isn't a romhack I wonder if the central ASMT Discord wouldn't be better. Romhack Shack really exists because of the server originally developing a sort of parallel culture, on top of SMWC cross-pollinating and me wanting to repurpose it for SMW MaGLs. MaGLX behind-the-scenes affairs can be handled on specialized SMBX Discords I feel, with the occasional dip on the Spotzone.
Image All nations are on a single continent shaped like Australia. Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
backloggery
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

out of curiosity, who is currently working on what?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach
"illusion of gaia is earthbound. yakuza is earthbound" the people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote: 1 week ago out of curiosity, who is currently working on what?
ouggghhhhh nabe hasn't replied to my discord dm yet but from what i can tell he just needs someone to replace shemp's dungeon and then i think nabe may do the final dungeon himself? idk

again, i think they're awol because of elden ring or their streams on twitch? proof that armored core is superior
backloggery
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Ugh that stupid level six dungeon has had more developers than we've got team members at this point. Any chance of getting the non-dungeon idea of "entrance -> lens and message -> triforce" in as a placeholder so that it's not hanging over our heads?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote: 1 week ago Ugh that stupid level six dungeon has had more developers than we've got team members at this point. Any chance of getting the non-dungeon idea of "entrance -> lens and message -> triforce" in as a placeholder so that it's not hanging over our heads?
i have no idea but i would not be opposed to doing that concept as a joke. it's just that there's also the multidungeon final stage to worry about which takes elements from each stage. i suppose we can also do a funny goof there, but it depends on Nabe's thoughts on it.
backloggery
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 week ago
raekuul wrote: 1 week ago Ugh that stupid level six dungeon has had more developers than we've got team members at this point. Any chance of getting the non-dungeon idea of "entrance -> lens and message -> triforce" in as a placeholder so that it's not hanging over our heads?
i have no idea but i would not be opposed to doing that concept as a joke. it's just that there's also the multidungeon final stage to worry about which takes elements from each stage. i suppose we can also do a funny goof there, but it depends on Nabe's thoughts on it.
it would be a LITTLE funny if the multiperson finale had a segment that was like, wholly original to it, and the reason is "hey, it's level 6! what, do you not remember level 6?". and y'know, if we wanted to work backwards and have a proper level 6 (or "effortpost" as the cool kids call it, we think), we could have a proper level 6 based on THAT. ;P
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 1 week ago or "effortpost" as the cool kids call it, we think
im not fucking cool what are you talking about
backloggery
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 week ago
camwoodstock wrote: 1 week ago or "effortpost" as the cool kids call it, we think
im not fucking cool what are you talking about
you could be if you wanted to be. or alternatively if you wanted to be called something else we could do that. you can do whatever you want forever. this is rapidly becoming about nooooot AZCT though so uhhh, yeah, does "work backwards on making level 6 a thing" even make sense?
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 1 week ago
KobaBeach wrote: 1 week ago im not fucking cool what are you talking about
you could be if you wanted to be. or alternatively if you wanted to be called something else we could do that. you can do whatever you want forever.
you have to call me The Nostalgia RPG Critic, I Roleplay It On Furaffinity So You Don't HAve To (gif of diablo at 5x speed)
camwoodstock wrote: 1 week ago this is rapidly becoming about nooooot AZCT though so uhhh, yeah, does "work backwards on making level 6 a thing" even make sense?
maybe? im not your dad. it feels like a more convoluted way of making level 6 real but, honestly it's not a bad approach

backloggery