(shouting)

Scarlet Devil Mario - Mario Vs Touhou

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Scarlet Devil Mario - Mario Vs Touhou

Post by raocow »

kilon wrote:The boss was nice, although to long and repetitive. The podoblacks had an interesting effect and that made it for me.
There,s a reason I trimmed away a lot of the fight!

You shouldn't be able to go through large segments of a boss fight with 'fast foward' held down.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Awesomely evil level, but seriously lame-ass boss :ugeek:

ASMT spoiler
Kil's Rumia is 10000000 better
randoguy101
spicey tomato
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by randoguy101 »

Daarkbuu wrote:Awesomely evil level, but seriously lame-ass boss :ugeek:

ASMT spoiler
Kil's Rumia is 10000000 better
- randoguy101
Miyoron

Post by Miyoron »

I have noticed that these sort of fights seem to be the MO for this hack: lengthy bouts of waiting for the chance to actually attack the boss. It's fun to watch but I can't imagine what goes through these hackers' heads that makes them think this.

It's an interesting contrast since the SMW2 hack has mostly kept the boss fights short and sweet.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Miyoron wrote:It's fun to watch
I disagree
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Miyoron wrote:I have noticed that these sort of fights seem to be the MO for this hack: lengthy bouts of waiting for the chance to actually attack the boss. It's fun to watch but I can't imagine what goes through these hackers' heads that makes them think this.

It's an interesting contrast since the SMW2 hack has mostly kept the boss fights short and sweet.
because the smw2 hack has kept the bosses from the original Yoshi's Island, since it's such a difficult game to hack.

Infact coding new bosses in SMW2 has never been done.
Miyoron

Post by Miyoron »

Argumentable wrote:
I disagree
And you are completely in your right to. I try to focus on the raocow more than the "doot doot doot standing around" parts haha. It is tough though at points.
Daarkbuu wrote: because the smw2 hack has kept the bosses from the original Yoshi's Island, since it's such a difficult game to hack.

Infact coding new bosses in SMW2 has never been done.
I was unaware of this. I suppose that makes sense then and is prolly why people stick to SMW 1 hacks then.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

It's pretty easy to edit the rooms of the bosses in SMW2, but some of them are pretty nastily coded (see: Froggy's throat, the moon, etc.)

Pretty neat bosses in this game, though I agree that they do drag on for far too long.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Argumentable wrote:
Miyoron wrote:It's fun to watch
I disagree
Couldn't have put it better. raocow saves a lot of boring stretches by being himself, but he could as well talk over a black screen during some of those fights, that's just stupid. If the slowdown wasn't as persistent, some of the bosses might be a lot more challenging, but that way, they drag on FAR longer than they should and are trivially easy even on hard mode, which is quite sad, because clearly there was effort put there.

It's quite obvious during the elevator sections: There's no way you could watch those in normal speed. Sped up they're STILL tedious. I'm quite glad there's cutting here, and feeling bad for raocow having to sit through that.

Mayor shame, because the levels are sometimes REALLY well designed with surprising gimmicks strewn in, the humor is great and, as mentioned, not screaming "JAPAAAAAN!" in your face...it's just...the bosses. They lack.

Simon
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Yeah, I just used fast forward on Rumia... it sure made the fight a lot less boring.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
kilon

Post by kilon »

I wouldn't call this a bad run.
But you have had better moments with flying. Mostly because the Vips taught you that.
vgboy

Post by vgboy »

I dunno if he actually DID mean for a Nazrin joke, he basically just mentioned Mickey. But at this point, you can't just mention Mickey in a supposedly-Touhou-oriented Mario hack and not have something to do with Nazrin.

(And yeah, apparently it was released around the end of 2009, so it is recent enough. Of course, other than that, Cirno's computer being Vista, and SMW hacking advances, it might as well have been released right after EoSD. Or, uh, whenever Yukkuris and (9) jokes and EX-Rumia came about.)

The grille is probably there in that one part so you can grab it mid-swoop, pick up the P-Switch, and get off to continue flying. Except it's pretty easy to do via normal methods.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

vgboy wrote: The grille is probably there in that one part so you can grab it mid-swoop, pick up the P-Switch, and get off to continue flying. Except it's pretty easy to do via normal methods.
In pyua's video, he carries the p-switch onto the ground and takes off from there. Curious. Maybe it was just a bluff? He does use temporary invincibility to get past the koopa on the next grille though, so the spin-flying way raocow used might have been an oversight.
dont wanna jihad no more
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

That Green Switch gave me some major VIP vibes.

Actually, my favorite levels have been the Switch Palaces so far.
/shrug.
<SNN> WHO DARES
kilon

Post by kilon »

I get the feeling that the Hard mode slowly takes it's toll.
Not in a way where you need to use tools or something, but more in a commentary kind of way..
It's a bit hard to explain, but the last videos weren't the best to me.
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

Is it just me but the videos tend to desynch after edited parts?
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

There hasn't been much novelty to comment on recently, I guess. It's only natural, since these levels are presented as redesigns of the earlier, easier levels.

I mean, the game did present some very surprising and interesting twists in the two first difficulties. All of the Switch Palaces did, too, and they are in my favorite videos for this LP.

Now, the game re-uses the same ideas - on the basis that they are supposed to be similar but harder. And it also "merge" some of the earlier levels, too. Hard mode seems a lot shorter than the two previous difficulties... but also to keep in mind, the first two difficulties were presented on a world-parallel basis, and Hard mode is only presented on its own, as a single, big world.

To compare it in LP jumbo, I'd say that Easy feels blind, and that Normal one feels semi-blind. Hard feels... quasi-blind. That being said, the only real hiccup is that Hard is more or less the same thing but harder, which, while it fits dedicated playing experience of the game, doesn't always fit the Let's Play media very well.
video games
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

... It's kind of ironic how easily I found a hack that isn't supposed to be distributed. :|

I hate you all.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Fapnoob wrote:Is it just me but the videos tend to desynch after edited parts?
Yeah they do. Not that annoying because I'm barely listening to the game. Mostly just the commentary.

Also, when the five condoms rushed at raocow:
'Where are you coming from?!'
Sorry, I have a one track mind.
<SNN> WHO DARES
kilon

Post by kilon »

Wow that where a lot of lives you lost there man.
And the Reznors where so random that it wasn't even funny in my current state of mind.
Kurosaga

Post by Kurosaga »

My pary are with you when you start Lunatic.
"I've always said that from now on"
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I am going to say it again just to hammer it into your head: you should seriously drop a couple savestates in lunatic modes (especially considering how you are doing now)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
kilon

Post by kilon »

I don't know how long lunatic is, but it looks like this game is coming close to an end.
But who knows, maybe there is some pleasant surprise waiting.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I have no idea why you didn't use that Silver P-Switch when the chomp caught up to you, raocow.
When I played the level the P-Switch didn't even spawn...

EDIT: Post 888.
<SNN> WHO DARES
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Not trying to grab those coins and keeping them on screen was probably the smartest, best-playing-est thing you've ever done in your entire LP career. Yes, even if the message block kinda told you to do that.
Kristian wrote:I have no idea why you didn't use that Silver P-Switch when the chomp caught up to you, raocow.
Then that happened.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order