(shouting)

Revenge Of Random Week

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Oracle of Wuffing

Re: Revenge Of Random Week

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

I used 6 missile pods, 4 lightning pods, and two magnet thingies. Took way too long to get fully upgraded, though. You don't so much move as you just nudge yourself into coins while the level completes itself.

I hope raocow continued to play off-camera, 'cause I was pretty impressed by each graphics update.
The "Secret Mystery" upgrade rant was just bleh, though. I mean, yeah, I know people that "comment" and "rate" flash games are incredibly lame, but is it really that bad that someone has to rant about it in the flash itself? AND YES I AM AWARE OF THE IRONY.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
mateo360

Post by mateo360 »

I've completed Upgrade Complete before. I had one magnet and speed boost behind the collector, 4 guns 2 on each side, 2 lightnings one on each side and 2 missiles 1 on each side.
marko

Post by marko »

User was banned for this post (1 day)
Loved the Upgrade Complete video, it was a amazing as always.
Anyways, I would like to suggest one of my favorite flash games, The Company of Myself. It has really amazing story line and good gameplay elements that are sometimes lacking in other games.
http://armorgames.com/play/4918/the-company-of-myself
Soup Kitchen Struggles, Act One
"Sir, you've had eight bowls!"
"But I need the energy to find my dog Charles!"
END OF ACT ONE
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Three Magnets. EIGHT Missile Pods....and but one Electricity...
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Were missiles really all that worth it?

1 Agility thing
1 Magnet
4 Guns
4 Missiles
2 Laser Arcs
kilon

Post by kilon »

Missiles to get through the waves easily and agility things for getting the Full Ship Upgrade Achievement easily.

But they could have done a lot more with this. Hopefully there will be a sequel.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

mateo360 wrote:I've completed Upgrade Complete before. I had one magnet and speed boost behind the collector, 4 guns 2 on each side, 2 lightnings one on each side and 2 missiles 1 on each side.
This is exactly what I did, assuming that you mean six guns, not four.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

That game is cool, but it seems sortof sad.
I'll have to play it sometime.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Just recorded tomorrow's video.

I think it's interesting in the context of the other games of this random week. It's interesting, I think, the way my commentary kinda takes over when the game itself is not interesting.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

ha, that game is cool, reminds me a lot of chronotron (not a recommendation)
kilon

Post by kilon »

Hey, I played this game before but it had different levels..
Hmm.. I'm confused.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

jasssmin wrote:As I asked in my youtube comment already, I really wanna know. How is "The company of myself" NOT a Braid-clone? No offense to aforementioned game at all, but it seems really similar so far, and I see no reason to play this instead of Braid, except if you don't want to whip out the (admittably really little) moneys. I'm so fond of the gameplay and the melancholic-pessimistic attitude that drags the story further, but I'd really have enjoyed it more if Rao would have chosen to do the 'polished' version, the big brother, Braid, itself.
just cos a game used a smiler mechanisms doesn't mean it's a clone.
in fact this game used some puzzles and mechanisms that weren't even in braid.
also the game I mentioned (chronotron) is another similar game what messes with time in the same vein and that game came out before braid.

so maybe braid is actually a chronotron clone? 8-)
TalonH

Post by TalonH »

As a Kongregator myself, I've played the game (both that and Chronotron) and I disliked both of them.

Guess they're not my style; but the video was tolerable thanks to the commentary.

Also known as LegendarySock on youtube.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

jasssmin wrote:As I asked in my youtube comment already, I really wanna know. How is "The company of myself" NOT a Braid-clone? No offense to aforementioned game at all, but it seems really similar so far, and I see no reason to play this instead of Braid, except if you don't want to whip out the (admittably really little) moneys. I'm so fond of the gameplay and the melancholic-pessimistic attitude that drags the story further, but I'd really have enjoyed it more if Rao would have chosen to do the 'polished' version, the big brother, Braid, itself.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who immediately thought "Hey, this looks like a poor man's Braid" :P
sora2121

Post by sora2121 »

User was banned for this post (2 days)
raocow you should play Obey the game, its very fun and has good music.

http://armorgames.com/play/4987/obey-the-game

*it goes faster as it goes*
Thingy.

Post by Thingy. »

^Welp, next ban up!^

anyway, I love how every LPer i know can't deal with puzzles at all.
I just think it's funny.
:P
mateo360

Post by mateo360 »

I found the game too easy. I have never played Braid but I like this one.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Thingy. wrote:^Welp, next ban up!^
I am (hopefully) increasing it by a day each time to keep count! Although this one is less like two days and more like a day and a half because the custom time is weird
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

This game reminded me alot of this! Many-Worlds Mario: Kaizo level 1
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

So wait, was The Company of Myself actually suggested anywhere except in this thread? I didn't see it in the random week suggestion thread and it's kind of hypocritical to allow the banning of people who post suggestions in this thread but still play those suggestions anyways. Maybe I just missed it though, in which case whoops disregard this post
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
D-vid

Post by D-vid »

Good thing you stopped where you stopped. I found that level really hard timing-wise.
ImageImageImageImage
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

I actually thought that level was not too bad. All you have to do is count to five between pulling each lever. (and count consistently to five again on the way up the steps)
And now the coast is clear, I just need to deal... with my number one fan.
Riku~n, why do you keep wanting to murder me like this?
I wouldn't mind that smile so much if your skin wasn't made of poison for some reason.
IceSoldier

Post by IceSoldier »

rubberfishy wrote:ha, that game is cool, reminds me a lot of chronotron (not a recommendation)
emptyquote
Yay for not viewing signatures!
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Time Traveler wrote:So wait, was The Company of Myself actually suggested anywhere except in this thread? I didn't see it in the random week suggestion thread and it's kind of hypocritical to allow the banning of people who post suggestions in this thread but still play those suggestions anyways. Maybe I just missed it though, in which case whoops disregard this post
I think whoever suggested it was given a shout-out in the video ~10s in (didn't recognise the name but it wasn't the banned guy).

The 'Myself' game seemed a bit of an awkward play: it was pretty obvious what to do most of the time, just a bugger to execute. Not the best thing to watch either *spoilt by Robo Dinos*
dont wanna jihad no more
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Time Traveler wrote:So wait, was The Company of Myself actually suggested anywhere except in this thread? I didn't see it in the random week suggestion thread and it's kind of hypocritical to allow the banning of people who post suggestions in this thread but still play those suggestions anyways. Maybe I just missed it though, in which case whoops disregard this post
It's a private request done before the 'banning' rules. Don't worry, it's kosher.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage