(shouting)

Youtube Vs. Dailymotion Vs. Google Video

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
chrishy

Re: Youtube Vs. Dailymotion Vs. Google Video

Post by chrishy »

WEGGLES wrote:
Restarr wrote: Dailymotion allows 20 minutes but the site is crawling with ads.
That's why you use AdBlockPlus.
AdBlockPlus, Stylish, and ChatZilla are the reasons I downloaded Firefox. Hahah.

ABP is a life saver. I tried visiting Youtube on IE the other day, and their relatively small number of ads overwhelmed me! I am much too spoiled. :D

On par with the thread: Youtube. DM loads very slowly for me. Viddler is okay, but even that is a bit slower. I don't mind videos being split up into parts (mainly because I'm used to it). Plus, 10 minutes easily fits into my schedule. Sometimes I watch part one and part two hours apart. Today, for example, I watched the first MariAri video, went to the store for some things, then came back and watched the second one.
ChrisIsCornflake on YouTube.
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
Kei1ro

Post by Kei1ro »

Personally, I prefer youtube because of its upgraded quality since last year.
ImageImage
ShadowxWaltz

Post by ShadowxWaltz »

I like Daily Motion because is faster XD quality isn't that great but I don't really care about quality.
Daze

Post by Daze »

I guess I'd go with Youtube, just since it's what I'm used to. The Viddler video raocow posted a few days ago was still good, though, and I'm making the change to just watching the videos on his website. Still, I guess I'd say Youtube, if only so I can favorite things like normal.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
kilon

Post by kilon »

The way raocow is working with multiple videos on youtube seem to work right.
Every time he needs to return to a place, there is a possibility for a cut off, so there are plenty of opportunity's.
CSM60

Post by CSM60 »

Well firstly, YouTube's time limit is actually 11 minutes, and to backup that statement yes, i do use YouTube
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

I'm used to YouTube, but I'm starting to like Viddler for the lack of a time limit.

I hate you all.
Booo95

Post by Booo95 »

Woah, I just realized that Google Video is in the topic title. Honestly? Who would even consider Google Video at this point. It's quality is absolutely atrocious and it limits you to only uploading a certain file size, not per video, but per account. That's right, you only get so and so amount of something bytes before your videos will not upload. It could be 1 70 day long video, it could be 70,000 1 minute videos, you are restricted by how much space you have left on your account.
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

I'm not too fond of viddler, but that is a story for another day (let's just say it took over 24 hours to save a video, so I couldn't finish recording my SMW Run.)

I'm going to have to say Youtube, but I'm not to fond of the beta channels at the moment, so we'll have to wait for them to be fully implemented/perfected before I make a final opinion.

Never used Dailymotion or Google Video, so I have no opinion on them.
TheNonBeliever

Post by TheNonBeliever »

google video vids are always out of sync