(shouting)

Mario Forever - How to abuse a driver's permit

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Mario Forever - How to abuse a driver's permit

Post by RedMageSusie »

Had to put that in the title because that tank line was pretty awesome.

It's a bit early, so I can't say for sure if this will pan out well, not to mention the save issue might create some 2 - 3 part videos if the game because stupidly difficult. But, I think there might be some hidden potential there. What does everyone else think?

(This spot is reserved to mourn for the castle. I don't think it's ever coming back :cry: . RIP Castle: Some old year - 2009)
Last edited by RedMageSusie 15 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Blueycones

Re: Mario Forever - How to abuse a driver's permit

Post by Blueycones »

Noooooo, castle!! ;A; why

This game looks pretty interesting so far (especially pretty, I love those All-Stars graphics), although I won't really assume anything until it gets some original levels in. It probably won't be all SMB references, right? Consider me cautiously optimistic!

But I have to say, that saving thing will definitely be a thing.
Oh my gosh, it's a signature!
Kristian

Re: Mario Forver - How to abuse a driver's permit

Post by Kristian »

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to this LP.
Poor castle.

It was hard to read the story at the start while raocow was making up his own!
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Alot of people I know have actually played this game, so I'm quite familiar with it. Doesn't mean I won't watch raocow's LP on it though, as i find it to be a decent game.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I remember playing some of this game a couple years ago, though it seems to have been updated since then judging by the year on the title screen. All I remember was that from world 2 on it got very hard, very fast. Also, I have a bad feeling about the game's later stages. Looking at the related videos, I saw parts 41-50 by some other LPer and the thumbnails all seemed to show the same castle area...
iDelanex

Post by iDelanex »

I played this game before.It gets really hardcore later on. I'll be impressed if Racow ever finish it. Took me 62 10 minutes videos.

And now I'll leave here a minute of silence for the castle:
<clap clap clap clap>
R.I.P. Castle

Kind Regards~
Delanex
Last edited by iDelanex 15 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
GT: D 2 the EL
Restarr

Post by Restarr »

So does it really only allow you to save after you completed a World? If so that's gonna make the later Worlds interesting if this game starts getting brutally difficult. After all it was suggested by anonymousbloodlust.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Can you not run in this game or what? It looked like raocow was walking everywhere.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FRK

Post by FRK »

I played MF. It was rather popular on Polish websites (it's made by Michał Gdaniec, a.k.a. Buziol). At first I was fan of this game, but I got to second world and later forgot about it. Later I discovered some false names in instructions (for example, Goomba was called Owl, Koopa was called Turtellos) which were misleading for newer Mario fans (some of them even thought that Mario was created by Buziol) and as hardcore Mario fan I was against it. But it's a long story.

In this game there is A LOT of secret worlds. Seriously. Remember that "Hardcore Zone" sign in 1-2? Somewhere over there is the entrance to this area, in 1-3 there is that blocked pipe, which leads to I think Goomba Party, and in 1-4 there is a pipe accessible from the "ceiling" which leads to another secret world. Also, in save select area, you can go left and right and access yet another areas.

I will post something more about these secrets later.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

Hmmm, we'll see how this one goes.

Also, castle collapsing was a little overly dramatic, kinda like the boss explosions in MegaMan :D
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Woah, I wasn't expecting there to be whole secret worlds and stuff.

I think the best way to handle this, is to play through the game 'bare', and then do a second run all about finding and playing these secret levels.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I'm thinking it might be interesting to give the game another try seeing as it's supposed to be updated again. Maybe I will. And I never knew about those secret areas either.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I want to give my condolence to the family of that poor little castle.

With that all said and done, what's up with raocow and somewhat weird controls these days?
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

I tried and failed to make myself like Mario Forever a while ago. I blame the aforementioned controls. I suppose now I'll get to see if I've been missing anything.

(also that is a lot of touhou avatars)
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Madacaek wrote:I tried and failed to make myself like Mario Forever a while ago. I blame the aforementioned controls. I suppose now I'll get to see if I've been missing anything.

(also that is a lot of touhou avatars)
Yah, Tried it myself, the controls are aweful :)
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

And again the question: What version are you playing?
bowser91

Post by bowser91 »

I beat that game years ago.
It doesn't get too hard, it's actually pretty fair and easy (except for the last few levels).
I remember I got stuck at the third castle, because my monitor was too dark and I couldn't see anything :x
Anyway, the designs done by the author are quite nice, but the programming and engine sucks sometimes. At least there aren't unfair level designs (or so I remember?)

It will be great fun when raocow plays through the Hardcore Worlds :twisted:

BTW, raocow, have you played Super Mario XP?
Daarkbuu

Post by Daarkbuu »

Trotim wrote:And again the question: What version are you playing?
The one raocow is playing, but I'm just really used to smw controls.
Pekusiili

Post by Pekusiili »

This game looks rather nice, I'm looking forward to following episodes! I haven't seen this game before, but whatever >_>

Two things were left unclear for me: This is a fan-made, right? And is it based on SMW or SMB3?

One more thing: I think I like these forums, because now I don't get thumbed down ad infinitum when I ask a question, like at YouTube :) (And hopefully I don't get flamed a la "u f****t, u suk askng qustuns there so cleer 2 evry1". It seems to be a common habit to flame everyone who don't understand everything at once around YouTube...) Okay, ignore this rant and please clarify those two things for me, pretty please with sugar coating and a cherry on top :)
My favourite raocow video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhV8OPeku10

...Because of the address. 'Nuff said.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Pekusiili wrote:This game looks rather nice, I'm looking forward to following episodes! I haven't seen this game before, but whatever >_>

Two things were left unclear for me: This is a fan-made, right? And is it based on SMW or SMB3?

One more thing: I think I like these forums, because now I don't get thumbed down ad infinitum when I ask a question, like at YouTube :) (And hopefully I don't get flamed a la "u f****t, u suk askng qustuns there so cleer 2 evry1". It seems to be a common habit to flame everyone who don't understand everything at once around YouTube...) Okay, ignore this rant and please clarify those two things for me, pretty please with sugar coating and a cherry on top :)
yes it's fan-made and the looks are from SMB3 but some elements are from other games (goals from SMW)
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

Daarkbuu wrote:
Trotim wrote:And again the question: What version are you playing?
The one raocow is playing, but I'm just really used to smw controls.
Now I only have to find out which version raocow is playing. =P
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Don't even know what Super Mario XP is!

Ahh, it's a purely fan-made game, the menu at the beginning is a good sign to this!

To know the version I'm playing, I'm essentially playing with whatever is available on the game's main site.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Fortunately, if the videos get too long, raocow can host them somewhere else. As long as he links to them on the home page, all of the "cool kids" who came over here will be able to see the whole thing. And if anyone's managed to ignore every hint for the last few days and doesn't know about this site, well, we all know what they can do with a certain pork product.

It would be really nice if there's some other non-obvious way to save, but since nobody's mentioned it yet, I guess we can expect some very frustrating moments in the endgame. Oh boy, that will be different!
megamario

Post by megamario »

I can only wonder when the game will assault raocow with vicious difficulty out of nowhere.

Because it just wouldn't be a Mario fangame without stupid difficulty
Quetzal

Post by Quetzal »

While the castle getting destroyed was very sad and moving, i have to say the lava in this game is very prettily done, kudos to whoever coded the lava moving when something falls in.