(shouting)

Anyone out there making a game hack?

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
AwesomeJ

Anyone out there making a game hack?

Post by AwesomeJ »

Hi,
after watching raocow's vids I got influenced to download a certain programme to hack Super Mario World. I've just started and made a few levels, it's kinda hard but it's all possible. I just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there doing the same. Well, are you?

This thread can also be of help to those hacking a Mario game but having trouble :)
In my day, I was Blah blah blah nostalgic story!
StarkMaximum

Re: Anyone out there making a game hack?

Post by StarkMaximum »

I've been considering it but haven't really done anything with it yet.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

I'm making a super mario world hack. Custom ExGFX,custom music, sprites....the works
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I've made this : http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=2476
And I'm currently working on the sequel, but thats been put on hold for a while.

And yeah.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
FRK

Post by FRK »

No, but I have a lot of ideas for SMW hacks. Maybe I'll work on them sometime in future...
AwesomeJ

Post by AwesomeJ »

Just in case you guys didn't know, the best software for hacking the mario rom is Lunar Magic, google it and its on the web paged entitle 'fu-yo-sa' or something like that. Just download it from there, it's very easy :)
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I'm actually making a Super Metroid hack. It's currently about 20% done. I might post more in depth about it somewhere else on the site sometime if no one minds.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I'm also making a Super Mario World hack, it is called Mario's search for the golden feather. It features a custom overworld, ExGFX, custom enemies, custom music and of course creative level design! I'm about half way done with it. If anyone wants to beta-test it, just PM me and I'll send you the link to the rom.

PS: This is Fusoya's homepage :D
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Someone needs to make a hack that abuses the use of the green springy platforms and forces 99 bonus stars at the beginning of every stage and have raocow play it.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

one thing I'm sure would be hilarious is if someone replaced the footballs with baby yoshis
Caracc

Post by Caracc »

Pandemonium Fortress
and the much much better
Pandemonium Fortress 2

I'm also working on a third hack that's going to be much better than these two, but you'll and see it when it comes out.

I am just a perpetual hacking machine.
Pandemonium Fortress 2 is my personal best hack so far. Go on and play it.
alo81

Post by alo81 »

From time to time I work on a level. I've just been slowly adding stuff to it over about, the last two years. Nothing fancy, just a little kinda hard puzzlish level. I've been wanting to have someone LP it but never really got around to it. I can post an IPS patch of it if anyones interested in it.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I've messed around with Lunar Magic a bit. I wouldn't really call my stuff a "hack" so much as "doing things then making a friend play it then laughing when they complain"

Its more a "they're bad at Mario" thing than "this hack is hard" with them though
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

Kincyr wrote:one thing I'm sure would be hilarious is if someone replaced the footballs with baby yoshis
The best game for raocow would definitely be a hack where yoshi's sprite is used for an actual enemy like the rex or something. Then he could finally kill the freakin' horse for real ^^
Wonder what yoshi's replacement to ride would be, though. Maybe a Charlie? Oh wait, that would look kinda gay, wouldn't it? :shock:
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
AwesomeJ

Post by AwesomeJ »

Does anyone actualy know how to change the sprites to whatever you want? please don't answer saying how to change the colour pallette!

Any help will do :)
Dealth0072

Post by Dealth0072 »

We should do a raocow.com collab hack
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

AwesomeJ wrote:Does anyone actualy know how to change the sprites to whatever you want? please don't answer saying how to change the colour pallette!
f you are just talking about changing graphics, use the red mushroom button in Lunar Magic to extract the graphics, use a tile editor like YY-CHR to edit them, and then use the green mushroom button to reinsert them. However, if you are talking about creating your own custom sprites with their own behaviours, that is much more complicated and requires learning a programming language called 65c618 (either that or 65c816; I can never remember the numbers...) ASM, which is what Super Mario World itself is coded in.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Dealth0072 wrote:We should do a raocow.com collab hack
I like this idea! I don't do much hacking (i.e. I've never hacked), but I'd be willing to give it a shot for something like this.
Dagron

Post by Dagron »

I love this idea more then I love christmas.
Hmm what is this "Signature" you speak of? We do not have such things in my rainforest.
Check out my youtube let's play channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Dagron0
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I'd make something for it, though my hacking is pretty much the basic lunar magic (though I can manage to put in custom enemies)
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
TwilightArts

Post by TwilightArts »

I dont know anything about rom hacking, but I also like this idea. So basically that would mean a collaboration of X forum members where everyone creates a couple of levels, built into one big game and played by raocow? That would be awesome. Even being part of the process (in my case watching how everything comes together, since I cant romhack) fills my with joy :D

The biggest question however is: Would raocow really LP it?

He said many times that he won't be a beta tester for custom romhacks that are below the quality of at least the VIP series. And he would also not listen to any suggestions like "hey raocow, this romhack is cool, please play that one next!", as he said once, too.
I guess the best would be to wait until he comments the thing - I however, if I where him, would be freakin' proud to get a personal romhack just made for myself and just LOVE to play it, even if it would not have the quality of some other, more experienced romhacks.

For a name I would suggest something like:
"What the hell. And thus hell was whated." - raocow, VIP 4

My videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwilightArts
kilon

Post by kilon »

Let's ask it here.

I'm getting my logitech rumblepad 2 controller tommorow and I'm gonna start playing SNES games.

What hacks do you advise me to play first (besides the original SMW to get into it)? I'm not skilled, so not to hard to start with please.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

I think about it sometimes, but Lunar Magic is kinda too hard to use for me. :|

I hate you all.
Sharkenaa

Post by Sharkenaa »

It'd probably be cool to see Rao be involved with my own shenanigans, but since I haven't even completed the original SMW, I think I'd leave the hacking to someone more advanced. I did try to hack a little of SMW. Lunar Magic had really simple layout and stuff, but something just didn't catch me.

I could try to produce custom music, though >.>

PS. I really like this emoticon, don't I? >.>
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

I'm willing to bet that raocow would play it if it was of high quality (someone could youtube one of the levels as a demo).

That said, I know nothing of rom hacking so...moral support yay!