(shouting)

Bwarch'd: A Compendium of Strange and Bizarre Happenstances

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Bwarch'd: I Am Bread

Post by Bwarch »

I booted up SMW today :D You'll find out why later on.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Re: Bwarch'd: Super Stipulation World

Post by Bwarch »

Stipulation list:
Yoshi's Island 1 - 4 = Bean "Emulator speed is doubled"

Yellow Switch Palace = Anomaly "At the beginning of the level, state how many coins you have (top-right). Collect at least 150 coins. You have to complete the palace with the same amount of time left as the number of coins you collected in the level (be sure to keep track)"

Iggy's Castle = morsel/morceau "Beat the level with disabled Sprite layer"

Donut Plains 1 = raekuul "Play by ascetic rules (no killing enemies, no collecting coins, no earning points)"

Donut Plains 2 = raekuul "Yoshis and feathers are not allowed. Any [!] blocks have to be ignored"

Donut Secret 1 = Bean and Argumentable "Turn every fish in the main area into a coin with the fire flower but don't collect any of them"

Donut Ghost House = Paperkoopa "Use some scanlines, yo"

Secret House = Pholtos "For the boo fight you must always have at least three blocks in the grabbed state for the duration of the boo fight, and a fourth must be used to attack the big boo."

Donut Secret 2 = Wyatt "Get 10 extra lives"

Donut Plains 3 and 4 = AUS "Kill every killable/vincible Sprite in the entire level. Sprites that fall off the screen are forced to be respawned and have to be killed properly"

Morton's Castle (first half) = Jolpengammler "Change the input into following: D Pad are buttons and buttons are dpad (Left is Y, Up is X, Right is A, Down is B and the other way around)"

Morton's Castle (second half) = Wyatt "Fast layer 2 scroll" *comes with an ips patch*

Vanilla Dome 1 = CM30 "Defeat all enemies, except Blarggs."

Vanilla Dome 2 = Wyatt "Bring the first buzzy beetle you see to the end of the level. For the secret exit, it's ok to just have him onscreen"

Vanilla Ghost House = raocow "Beat the level with disabled Sprite layer"

Vanilla Dome 3 = raocow "Turn off layer 1"

Vanilla Dome 4 = Alex "Beat the level while turboing B"

Vanilla Secret 1 = morsel/morceau "Use shell jumps to ascend instead of spawning the vines"

Vanilla Secret 2 = ano0maly "The aim is to kick each koopa out of its shell, and then defeat it permanently. To do this, you need to destroy its shell. The koopa reappears if you go offscreen, until its shell is destroyed (it still reappears if you eliminate a koopa outside the shell).
No directly destroying a koopa wearing a shell. I'll allow using empty shells as tools as long as you don't take out a koopa wearing a shell. Similarly, no using Yoshi tongue on a koopa wearing a shell.
Also, I'm only going to apply the challenge for the koopa flocks up to the midpoint, so the second half of the level is open for taking. Just make it to the midpoint before time runs out."

Lemmy's Castle = Oracle of Wuffing "Every time a Magikoopa appears, you must prepare a counterspell by spelling "Prestidigitation" out loud. Every time you spell prestidigitation, you need to take the first letter of the word and move it to the end. Eg: the first time it happens, you spell prestidigitation. The second time it happens you spell restidigitationp. The third time it happens you spell estidigitationpr.When you hit the sublevel, continue doing this, except spell it every time Layer 2 starts to rise. (Bonus points if you want to do it every time Layer 2 changes direction.)"

Vanilla Fortress = AUS "Remain small mario throughout the entire level, reverse left and right controls"

Cheese Bridge Area = peteyboo "Get the Secret Exit without using Yoshi"

Soda Lake = Argumentable "Beat level without swimming" *comes with an ips patch*

Cookie Mountain = Argumentable "Shove a cookie into your face for each enemy you kill" GVG Note: I'm going to buy several different kinds of cookies, because I love cookies and this stipulation is a good reason to waste a whole lot of money ;)

Butter Bridge 1 and 2 = raekuul "Beat the level with disabled Sprite layer"

Ludwig's Castle = Pholtos "Complete the second room by running constantly, no slowing down.
For the third room you are only allowed to vertically transfer between nets by bouncing off of a koopa. Getting off the net horizontally is allowed.
For ludwig defeat him in two cycles via the all powerful jump attack. (In other words hit him when he's jumping through the air.)"

Forest of Illusion 1 = Argumentable "Bring 2 goombas from the start of the level all the way to the end"

Forest of Illusion 2 = Jolpengammler "Hold Up all the time"

Forest of Illusion 3 = morsel/morceau "take the bob-omb from the start of the level to the goal tape"

Forest Ghost House = Septentrion "Normal exit Duck jump the entire level. Secret exit Duck jump the entire level without pushing the run button except when you grab the P-switch."

Forest of Illusion 4 = Argumentable "Put in this code: EE2D-AF6F"

note=Once I know what it does there's obv no flying or cloud using allowed

Forest Secret Area = peteyboo "No flying, no touching the winged platforms"

Forest Fortress = raocow "For the first half, disable layer 3.For the second half, disable layer 1.For the boss, disable sprites"

Roy's Castle = ultratowel112 "Beat Roy's Castle with the music turned off while singing the "Not Roy's Castle" song. Also, you may not use the snake and you must get all the dragon coins"
Note: click here to listen to the song "Not Roy's Castle"

Chocolate Island 1 = Argumentable "Use a cape to bring the mushroom that jumps out of the bush all the way to the final slanted pipe (bonus: Bring the mushroom to the goal)"

Chocolate Ghost House = CM30 "Beat the first part of the level with the Fishin' Boo completely invisible (so in other words, with blank graphics). The other sprites, ledges and Mario are visible as normal."

Chocolate Island 2 = BKamakaze "using a keyboard (instead of a controller) set your d-pad up in WASD format, but instead of using WASD, use the letters that come after them alphabetically, so X(up), B(left), T(down) and E(right). Jump and run can be set to whatever you like."

Chocolate Island 3 = Wyatt "Don't stand on the rotating platforms. On top of that, no cape allowed when doing the normal exit"

Chocolate Secret = Septentrion "Carry the springboard from the beginning to end and spin-jump on every Buzy Beetle in the level from the springboard. You can't jump on enemies at all from the ground.
note - one save state is acceptable for actually grabbing the spring broad"

Chocolate Fortress = Maiku Wotaharu "No powerups, no checkpoint, no spin jumps"

Chocolate Island 4 =

Chocolate Island 5 =

Wendy's Castle (First Half) = morsel/morceau "have the dry bones at the start of the level throw a bone which will hit you at the midpoint"

Sunken Ghost Ship = Chrom1um "Go in powered up as Fire Mario. You may not take a hit for the duration of the level"

Valley of Bowser 1 = CM30 "Play by anti ascetic rules. Aka collect every coin, hit every block, get every power up, kill every enemy possible to kill, etc. Everything except the time by the goal gate."

Valley of Bowser 2 = Jesuiscontent "Turn of Layer 2. Y and X buttons can not be used. Turning left is forbidden. These stipulations don't count for Sublevel 3"

Valley Ghost House = Grounder "Clear while putting this Real time corrupter at, oh let's say 1.25x level of corruption. Savestating before entering is allowed, may clear normally off-screen due to nature of stipulation."

Valley of Bowser 3 = Pholtos "you must use the first numbered platform you see at the start. Once you touch the numbered platform you cannot touch solid ground or pipes until you hit the midpoint (The springboard is fine). You cannot touch any coins or hit/be hit by any enemies throughout the whole stage. (Watch out for mr. Banzai Bill)"

Valley of Bowser 4 = Pholtos "Small pacifist run, no power ups, no hitting enemies, no midpoint. Spin jumping on rocks is ok."

Larry's Castle = Septentrion "Only push one directional button at a time in a counter-clockwise manner. Each button must have visible effect [Walks right, looks up(or enter door), turns left, duck(or slide), walks right,, Ect.] . Stop a button press even slightly and you must move on to the next one."

Valley Fortress = CM30 "Beat the level without standing still for more than half a second (there was some ASM patch that would kill Mario if he stood still, like a plumber version of the bus in Speed)"

Star World 1 = Oracle of Wuffing "Get all 3 Starmen to the bottom of the level. Touching them is not allowed"

Star World 2 = Oracle of Wuffing "Bring all of the Rip Van Fish to the pipe leading to the end of the level"

Star World 3 = Jesuiscontent "Pick up every Purple Block"

Star World 4 = Jolpengammler "Get the secret exit without the help of the switch blocks, BUT you have to hit the box, in which the key is, with a red shell. No cape usage allowed"

Star World 5 = Septentrion "Turn all the enemies into hopping flames using firepower.
download/file.php?id=5896
This hack affects the entire game so only use it for the one level"

Gnarly = "You only have 15 pushes of the jump/spinjump button, use them well."

Tubular : Argumentable "Beat level without the balloon"

Way Cool - LevelSlayer "Hit 10 out of the 11 switches at least once."

Awesome = morsel/morceau "Map left and right on the D-pad to the same button"

Groovy = Argumentable "CBEF-6F6F (must be small) Beat the level without pressing jump"

Mondo = Argumentable "D732-6DAD"

Outrageous = Bean "Put out every one of the hopping flames (cape or Yoshi) but don't harm any Wigglers (no jumping on them, no using Yoshi to get rid of them)"

Funky = Yikes "Beat the level with at least 126 Time left"

Bowser's Castle
1 =
2 =
3 =
4 =
5 =
6 =
7 =
8 =

Bowser Fight = ultratowel112 "Beat Bowser while blindfolded and have someone (insert person here) direct you. Game Audio has to be muted"

Let's Play Super Stipulation World "A Bilbo Moment"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9HhO1Dojr0

Continuing on a project of Virus', hopefully the guy doesn't mind! SMW with stipulations, splendid.

Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 10 times in total.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Niiiiice

Also lol after re-reading the list some of them are just mean

e : oh you're starting over. I thought you'd just continue from GVG's run

ee : hahahaha yeah you might want to do a practice run for levels you don't remember very well since you reversed iggy's position

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Jesuiscontent wrote: e : oh you're starting over. I thought you'd just continue from GVG's run
Yep, just felt like it. It's fun stuff this first world and whatnot~ Probably gonna be some more fun challenges I suspect.
Jesuiscontent wrote: ee : hahahaha yeah you might want to do a practice run for levels you don't remember very well since you reversed iggy's position
Yeeeeah. If I think a practice run is needed I'll probably do it after experiencing that mistake.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

"Bowser Fight = ultratowel112 "Beat Bowser while blindfolded and have someone (insert person here) direct you. Game Audio has to be muted"

Sounds like a job for raocow if you could get it to work.
He has a bit of Buffy Speak even outside his persona, right?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

raocow is fun, but I was thinking Pholtos just because I'd want somebody who could help out on the tech side a little bit. If possible it would be great if we could set up netplay for that because my experience with netplay is it having almost zero lag, whereas if I streamed it, even via skype video, there would be considerable lag.

Me and Pholtos got a server thing with a game working because of his knowledge so I figure we could try and figure out SNES netplay too.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Were some of these lost during the Talkhuastraphe? Well, you could go through the thread. Here's the ones I've found of mine.
Septentrion Pleades wrote:Forest Ghost House - Normal exit Duck jump the entire level. Secret exit Duck jump the entire level without pushing the run button except when you grab the P-switch.

Chocolate Secret - Carry the springboard from the beginning to end and spin-jump on every Buzy Beetle in the level from the springboard. You can't jump on enemies at all from the ground.
note - one save state is acceptable for actually grabbing the spring broad

Larry's Castle - Only push one directional button at a time in a counter-clockwise manner. Each button must have visible effect [Walks right, looks up(or enter door), turns left, duck(or slide), walks right,, Ect.] . Stop a button press even slightly and you must move on to the next one.

Star world 5 - Turn all the enemies into hopping flames using firepower.
download/file.php?id=5896
This hack affects the entire game so only use it for the one level
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I altered mine for Vanilla Secret 2 but talkhaustrophe ate it.

The aim is to kick each koopa out of its shell, and then defeat it permanently. To do this, you need to destroy its shell. The koopa reappears if you go offscreen, until its shell is destroyed (it still reappears if you eliminate a koopa outside the shell).

No directly destroying a koopa wearing a shell. I'll allow using empty shells as tools as long as you don't take out a koopa wearing a shell. Similarly, no using Yoshi tongue on a koopa wearing a shell.

Also, I'm only going to apply the challenge for the koopa flocks up to the midpoint, so the second half of the level is open for taking. Just make it to the midpoint before time runs out.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

All added, I'm really not even paying attention to them to decide if something is insane or not I should mention. If I try a challenge and I decide that it's too much for me I might just skip it. I'll certainly give each challenge the old college try though.

In the meantime, bread.
I Am Bread - Garage Speed Run (45.8s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtmlNBrmbmw

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Oh and here's an ascetic hack you can use for Donut Plains 1

link (use alex2's)

And actually, I don't know if the .ips files for some of the stipulations are still available, considering that the old attachments are gone.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

There's one at the end of GVG'd thread that was never added

Way Cool - Hit 10 out of the 11 switches at least once. (LevelSlayer)

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Bwarch wrote:In the meantime, bread.
I Am Bread - Garage Speed Run (45.8s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtmlNBrmbmw

How come you're not doing that flying thing with the other slice of bread? Is climbing out of the bin actually faster than that?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

4 seconds to fly out, 10 secs to climb. Thing is I got EXTREMELY lucky when I flew the first time. It is incredibly frustrating to fly out of the garbage, and more often than not you get stuck flying against the side.

Think about it too. By flinging myself from the garbage can lid I can land near, probably even on the soccer ball. And the soccer ball is far faster than regular flight (without a fling anyway (which is impossible with the garbage can starting point)) so you make up the time from flying.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Freedom Planet -11- "Mistakes Were Made"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aBHOFjvS3w

Just about to finish this off... what a meh level all things considered. I do like how in round 4 they actually try to be interesting with the level design.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Regarding Youtube's subscription notifications, Game Theory recently did a video on that. It's worth a full watch because it's full of useful info for content providers on YT in general, but to make a long story short the subscription system isn't broken in the sense of being glitchy but rather being flawed by design. It tailors your sub notifications based on a relevance algorithm -- if you don't follow a channel as frequently, they'll stop letting you know when new videos come out on that account.

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I'm enjoying the video but if it's in response to what I think it is I was talking more about Youtube's push notifications they send on my phone rather than how the sub box acts.

Also I'm a little bit stumped on one of the SMW stipulations guys.
Paperkoopa "Enable NTSC Filter. Set NTSC sharpness under the NTSC tab to minimum. Under Adv NTSC set resolution to -100% and Artifacts to 100%"
Where... are these options? I've actually been stuck in the middle of a recording because of this. I looked up the NTSC filters, found out it's only natively in bSNES and ZSnes (So much for Alex's precious Snes9x) but even looking around Zsnes' options I can't find where all of this is. I'm curious if it's a version issue or if I'm missing something.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I found this.

I think it's what you may need, maybe?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

(Kind of Pholtos)

Alright so what I should have done to begin with is look at Virus' video and see how he did it. He shows options for Zsnes that I don't have available, so I assume it's a version issue.

HOWEVER, what these options do basically is just make the game look like a blurry mess and add scanlines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COEDfI1EkEo

So I'll just add scanlines and call it a day. Since I don't really feel like trolling through ZSnes versions and it barely adds difficulty at all and is purely a visual gimmick. It's funny because even rao in the comments there is like "I was expecting more" The "artifacts" part of the stipulation made me think we'd be getting glitchy visuals honestly.

Hell, if somebody has a better stipulation I'll take it, but I'm gonna be recording very soon here so you know.
Rockythechao wrote:Regarding Youtube's subscription notifications, Game Theory recently did a video on that.

This pisses me off by the way having finished it. If I'm subscribed to somebody I should fucking get their videos in my sub box, I don't care if I'm watching them or not. Fucking Youtube.
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Bwarch wrote:I'm enjoying the video but if it's in response to what I think it is I was talking more about Youtube's push notifications they send on my phone rather than how the sub box acts.
Well, okay, I should've phrased it better. Matpat's talking about the sub box but I'm sure the push notifications take the algorithm into account as well.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

I watch raocow basically every day but shagg only when he updates. Yet I get emailed about shagg and not raocow.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I Am Bread - Garage Trick Shot (37.6s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=035VASE5dB4

Freaking out a bit over here. This is amazing. I barely even care about the time I HIT THE FREAKING LAWN MOWER WITH THE SOCCER BALL.
dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox

Post by dr_vblschrf »

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAL
CM30

Post by CM30 »

I recall making a few stipulations back then, but I think they got lost with the forum crash/purge:

Wendy's Castle/Valley Fortress (forgot which): Beat the level without standing still for more than half a second (there was some ASM patch that would kill Mario if he stood still, like a plumber version of the bus in Speed).

Another level (I'll pick Valley of Bowser 1 because I forgot the original choice): Play by anti ascetic rules. Aka collect every coin, hit every block, get every power up, kill every enemy possible to kill, etc. Everything except the time by the goal gate.

That's if you're still continuing this run of course. If someone has the original stipulations that were lost, then I'd love to know what levels I originally suggested.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

CM30 wrote:That's if you're still continuing this run of course.
Of course. With Freedom Planet out of the way I'll be able to go full hog on Stipulation probably. (Maybe) (I kinda want to have a good B-side because Stipulation is so much talkhaus niche)

Freedom Planet -12- "Finale!"
http://youtu.be/dugMNM23OV0

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Hearthstone: The 2nd Talkhaus Tourney: Round 2 VS Ohmato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-EOkhJWK40

Continuing on in our quest for the holy grail in the talkhaus tournament~