(shouting)

S. Mario: The S stands for "Shine"

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
S.N.N.

Re: S. Mario: The S stands for "Shine"

Post by S.N.N. »

Onyx3173 wrote:Are you sure you've been watching the same videos as the rest of us?
He has been, but since he considers the hardest levels of any hack child's play, he assumes everyone else does too I guess.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

He should probably realize that while he may be absolutely perfect in every way when it comes to Mario, not everyone else is then...
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

Maybe anonymous should do an LP of Hyper 6. Obviously he would be much better at playing and talking at the same time than either raocow or myself.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

peteyboo wrote:This game doesn't even pretend to be fair. Hyper 6 is almost universally fair in that you're usually not relying on pure luck or crazy precision, and the parts that are like that are relatively short instead of the whole level. You would certainly be able to do everything I've done in that game toolless, but I don't see anyone with a schedule getting this one done, especially, as you say, because you still have Nitroid. And hell, maybe it'll actually prove to be good entertainment.
I beat S. Mario without cheating but Hyper 6 is completely beyond me (after world 8). I don't have the patient, perseverance or skill to complete it fairly. It is harder (or a bigger undertaking or more ridiculous and unfair, whatever you want to say), believe me.
dont wanna jihad no more
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

Eh, maybe so. I couldn't finish this game without tools, but I also have not beaten Hyper 6 yet. I just think that (again, for the most part), Hyper 6's difficulty is more real than the hnnng bullets also you can't turn around lolol that S. Mario so generously provides. As you know, I'm wont to use tools when Hyper 6 gets BS-y.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

"You can't turn around" type of gimmicks are legitimate in my opinion, I wouldn't fault the gimmick. It's just the levels that were made here with that gimmick are kind of.....Not that great, to say the least?
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

No, it's certainly not the gimmick. It's what the creator does with the gimmick. I liked the fuzzy guy that followed you everywhere as you spin jumped on it, but the fire does make it quite annoying. The no-left thing could have gone without ice physics the second time.
Ceddi90

Post by Ceddi90 »

oh man i really would like to do something funny/awesome to cheer raocow up from that...
but i dont have sth. that awesome anymore since i did all i could on that nitori video...
Pls some1 go make a video and cheer him up! I more like the happy cow than the angry and despaired one!
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

S.N.N. wrote:
Onyx3173 wrote:Are you sure you've been watching the same videos as the rest of us?
He has been, but since he considers the hardest levels of any hack child's play, he assumes everyone else does too I guess.
While I appreciate the compliment (I think?), that's not true and I don't want people to get the wrong impression of me. I admit that I'm pretty good at mario but I still recognize what is and isn't hard. The difference is that I enjoy being pushed to the limit more than most; I don't consider restarting a level "failue"... it's just part of the fun for me.

Having followed/talked to raocow for 90% of his LPing career I was always under the impression that we had similar tastes, albeit not to the same extent. Then again, I could be completely wrong on this one.
peteyboo wrote:Maybe anonymous should do an LP of Hyper 6. Obviously he would be much better at playing and talking at the same time than either raocow or myself.
I can't talk and play at all, but I started doing a post-production tooless run of springboards and shells (I'm only at the midpoint of level 1 but I still consider it an accomplishment!). I might resume it one day if I manage to finish the monstrous task I've set before myself with the a2mt level.

/shameless self-indulgence
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
anonymousbl00dlust

Alex wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:but I started doing a post-production tooless run of springboards and shells (I'm only at the midpoint of level 1 but I still consider it an accomplishment!). I might resume it one day if I manage to finish the monstrous task I've set before myself with the a2mt level.
"I did something impressive, but I won't post it. Remind me in a year and I'll show you!"
It's only to the level 1 midpoint, what do you want from me?! Also I wasn't really enjoying that very much. It was too much blatant memorization and not enough reaction/endurance. Who knows though... I'll consider uploading what I have.
anonymousbl00dlust

Alex wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:It's only to the level 1 midpoint, what do you want from me?! Also I wasn't really enjoying that very much. It was too much blatant memorization and not enough reaction/endurance. Who knows though... I'll consider uploading what I have.
"It wasn't very enjoyable so I'm just not going to post this impressive thing that I'm boasting about."
It's like 3 seconds of usable content.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

You can do it raocow! I believe you can do it. You have been through worse!

raocow!
raocow!
raocow!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Alex wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:
Alex wrote:"It wasn't very enjoyable so I'm just not going to post this impressive thing that I'm boasting about."
It's like 3 seconds of usable content.
Uh huh...
Stop with the passive-aggressive bullshit, please. I know anonymousbl00dlust is digging himself into a very deep hole, but jumping into the same hole just so you can take him out only leaves you in a very deep hole with a corpse.
One day, an image will return
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

Not to mention that it's sorta off topic, Mr. There's-A-Request-Topic-For-A-Reason

<_<
anonymousbl00dlust

thats it i'm uploading it just to spite you all
peteyboo

Post by peteyboo »

You'd only really be spiting Alex there. I wanted you to record yourself playing Hyper 6, specifically the 7th castle.
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Alex wrote:
peteyboo wrote:Not to mention that it's sorta off topic, Mr. There's-A-Request-Topic-For-A-Reason

<_<
There's a report button for a reason.

Don't be so hostile about that >_>
We tend to use that as a last resort.
One day, an image will return
DWebb32

Post by DWebb32 »

Alex wrote: I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the trainwrecks!
Why are you hoping for trainwrecks? I personally hope he does well with the rest of the game and actually has a fun time with it.
DWebb32

Post by DWebb32 »

Alex wrote:
DWebb32 wrote:
Alex wrote: I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the trainwrecks!
Why are you hoping for trainwrecks? I personally hope he does well with the rest of the game and actually has a fun time with it.
*using anonymousbl00dlust's reasoning* I've been watching raocow for long enough to know when a series just won't end well. Might as well be an optimist about the failures, at least!
you definitely make a good point, but if he uses savestates it could go relatively well, but i suppose we'll see soon enough
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

raocow I look forward to your ne S Mario videos. I would also suggest using savestates because these levels are beyond fun. Blatantly dying because of stupid gimmicks is not fun. Seriously who the hell designs a stage where you can neither go left nor spinjump while being on ice?!?! Finish this game as fast as you can soo that you might return to something more fun (for you). :)
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
freelop

Post by freelop »

I like the double jump gimic but I feel like the previous level was better designed with it in mind.
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

I'm glad you're considering checkpoints if necessary.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

In case anyone forgot, the difficult curve of this game is complete nonsense.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Octagon
zentraidon
Pronouns: she

Post by Octagon »

I've come to think that the screwed-up difficulty curve is intentional and meant to cause additional frustration and irritation.
Image WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

What is with this game and mandatory powered-up states? Honestly, a better design would be a mandatory fire state with hit points, like I've seen in some hacks rao played in the past.