(shouting)

recording a dos game

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
rubberfishy

recording a dos game

Post by rubberfishy »

So I'm considering doing an LP a dos game called Trolls despite the fact I've never LP'd before, and I just tried to record Trolls using camtasia just to see if it works and to see if I would actuality consider doing an LP, but I came a across a problem.
camtasia recorded everything up untill the point the game launched full screen, it recorded the sound all right, but instead of recording the game it recorded the desktop. does anybody know a way around this problem?
KF91

Re: recording a dos game

Post by KF91 »

Hmm.. It seems that DOSbox is the only way to go with recording DOS games. (It's like ZSNES; it has a recording feature built into it)

It seems kinda complicated to use, but if you're willing to read some tutorials on it, you can probably get it running in no time!

Here's the link to DOSbox: http://www.dosbox.com/
your friendly neighbourhood lper. click to visit my yt profile.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

uhhhh.... ok thanks, I guess I probably won't do an LP in that case, probably for the best.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Dosbox is the way to go.

Especially when you're into DOS games and you have either XP or vista which doesn't have a real DOS anymore.