(shouting)

Favorite Types of Levels to Watch

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Favorite Types of Levels to Watch

Post by Tails_155 »

After hearing certain commentaries by raocow about various things, which ones he things are the best LP levels, and which arent, what types of levels do you like to watch, and which ones provide the best commentary?

For me, strangely, I enjoy the elevator+Li'l Sparky/Hothead/Grinder levels, especially with Li'l Sparkies because the pattern, if executed well, makes the "dance" they do rather entertaining. The best levels for commentary, to me, are ones with something inherently gimmicky or random, because they usually bring up large numbers of non sequiturs... So, what types of levels do you enjoy in LPs? (Might influence future hacks, who knows?) Also, LPers, what are your favorite levels to actually play (challenge, gimmick, puzzle, platformer, etc.?)

Hopefully this will be useful to future hacks, as well as show what types of levels not to feel like should be avoided/edited in LPs...

Also, a personal note, I notice several LPers mention that the crowd gets a kick out of their suffering etc. I personally like savestates and the like because they don't break up the commentary with editing, and you get to witness the level as it is instead of the same part for an hour on end... but that's just me -shrug-

Discuss.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
kilon

Re: Favorite Types of Levels to Watch

Post by kilon »

I love levels with very well executed puzzles (like Mario's Keytastrophe)
Same goes for the gimmicks.

However, if it is in a forest or water world I automatically dislike it. I just can't stand them.
FRK

Post by FRK »

I dislike underwater levels. Except for that, everything's fine and dandy.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

kilon wrote:I love levels with very well executed puzzles (like Mario's Keytastrophe)
Same goes for the gimmicks.
Same here - puzzle levels and gimmick levels are my favorite to watch, because you get to hear the LPer explaining his/her train of thought in attempting to solve the puzzle, rather than just being random or explaining game mechanics. Also, these levels I tend to remember much later on, whereas platforming levels are more of the same ol' same ol' and are forgotten rather quickly.