(shouting)

VIP and Wall and ALASKA MIX 5: It's not 99%

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
shdwdrgnix

Re: VIP and Wall and ALASKA MIX 5: It's not 99%

Post by shdwdrgnix »

Alex wrote:
I'm rather curious what your next project(s?) are going to be. Hyper VI is nowhere near done, and Nitroid will hopefully be done within the week (re: hopefully). I strongly suggest you not make the latter your b-side, btw.

Hyper VI is already done, the author started working on Hyper VII.
megamario

Post by megamario »

That was a pretty neat boss, to cap off a pretty neat game. Even in it's low parts it was still consistently enjoyable (to watch, at least) unlike certain other hacks
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Best smw hack boss ever. Also holy shit I forgot that it used ultima <3
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I had some kind of glitch happen in the green room (right pipe) of Area 42 where I was behind all of the enemies like the white block of SMB3 but every time I try to record a video of it I can't replicate it so nobody will believe me even though I haven't mentioned it until now.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

This actually happened to me once!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
kilon

Post by kilon »

While this is the best vip in terms of overall quality and all that, I didn't like it all that much. Sure, it had it's great levels and awesome endgame, but it just didn't click for me.

So I'm actually glad that it's over and time for something else.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Billychu wrote:I think it's a conspiracy. My power went out last night and I don't even live in an area affected by the hurricane.
You don't really need a storm for your power to go out. It can also go out on hot days, because people are using a lot of power and whatnot.
Rameau's Nephew wrote: Honestly, I'm sort of hoping at this point that they don't make a VIP 6, as this installment seems to suggest the series has pretty much reached its limits.
While Vip5 was a bit of a disappointment, I'm still hoping that they make a Vip6. What's the worst that can happen? It sucks? If that's the case, you just don't play it, and everything's all fine and dandy.

Either way, even if Vip5 wasn't THAT great, I thought that Vip4 was awesome. It did have its problems, but its fun levels were REALLY fun. It also gave Moltov his best LP so far, in my opinion, so there IS hope that Vip6 could be good, as Vip4 isn't THAT old of a game. It just goes to show that there are some really good level designers behind the Vip series, but some of them just didn't really hit the mark with this game.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I liked VIP5. I know I'll give this video series another view down the road at the very least. I always kind of thought VIP4 was the weak one of the bunch for when it came out. Of course, I'm going off of what I watched since I don't play Mario hacks. As for my favorite, that would be VIP3.
Billychu

Post by Billychu »

Ashanmaril wrote:
Billychu wrote:I think it's a conspiracy. My power went out last night and I don't even live in an area affected by the hurricane.
You don't really need a storm for your power to go out. It can also go out on hot days, because people are using a lot of power and whatnot.
Yeah, that's what it was. It was 107 F all day long.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Argumentable wrote:I had some kind of glitch happen in the green room (right pipe) of Area 42 where I was behind all of the enemies like the white block of SMB3 but every time I try to record a video of it I can't replicate it so nobody will believe me even though I haven't mentioned it until now.
Is it the Fusoya pipes thing where you're facing the camera?

The VIP series is still setting a bar in terms of fun and playability, in my humble opinion.
dont wanna jihad no more
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I don't know what that is but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen until after the pipes, yeah. Everything else looks normal though
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Now that is how you make a boss! Good work Vip makers.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Argumentable wrote:I don't know what that is but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen until after the pipes, yeah. Everything else looks normal though
As in this video (I'm not sure how you get it to work, but I know you don't need to have Yoshi).
dont wanna jihad no more
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I think the game is probably better than is being given credit for, because I imagine people were expecting something completely mind blowing at every turn after all the waiting and hype.

Still like VIP3 the most, though.

VIP6 better give me my goddamn Haunted House Advance 2.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Demenstar

Post by Demenstar »

Applause and cheers for you, raocow! That was, by far my favorite of the hacks you played, even above ASMT. Perhaps A2MT will take over as a fan favorite? Still, very good job.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Alex wrote:This is totally on-topic, but did you happen to rename the titles of the HACK videos? I don't remember them being censored before.
Machinima said one the reasons youtube may have mass-flagged my videos in the past was how the word 'hack' was so proheminant. As in, about actual computer hacking and whatnot.
Billychu

Post by Billychu »

raocow wrote:
Alex wrote:This is totally on-topic, but did you happen to rename the titles of the HACK videos? I don't remember them being censored before.
Machinima said one the reasons youtube may have mass-flagged my videos in the past was how the word 'hack' was so proheminant. As in, about actual computer hacking and whatnot.
raocow you rascal, trying to get all those young childrens to learn how to hack into their governments to start violent takeovers.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Alex wrote:
morsel/morceau wrote:
Argumentable wrote:I don't know what that is but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen until after the pipes, yeah. Everything else looks normal though
As in this video (I'm not sure how you get it to work, but I know you don't need to have Yoshi).
That's the layer-switch glitch, only with FuSoYa's SMB3 pipes. The glitch in that video is a result of the pipes. The layer-switch glitch itself can be done in SMW by changing your powerup status while entering a pipe (i.e. it requires Yoshi).
You know you want to make a video.
dont wanna jihad no more
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Well, VIP 5 was certainly an enjoyable journey.
I think it's good to see it end on such a high note, rather than having a(nother) 20-minute video of a frustrated raocow trying to figure out boss patterns. So I don't mind the little power outage and his 2nd take at all.
And although it's kind of sad to see how the VIPs are probably going to end with this game, but hey, everything has to end once, and in terms of ASM and visual candy this has certainly surpassed even VIP 4, while keeping that nagging but charismatic feel of "most levels are okay, but once in a while there's one that's just mindblowing."
So, thanks for the awesome LP, and grats on beating the entire thing savestateless, raocow!

I can't wait to see a new B-side by the way :P
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

Alex wrote:Do you plan on doing the two rooms you didn't do in Area 42 at all?
Right after he does the key boss, I heard.
raocow

Post by raocow »

gotta save them up and make an event out of it