(shouting)

VIP and Wall and ALASKA MIX 5: It's not 99%

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slit08

Re: VIP and Wall and ALASKA MIX 5: It's not 99%

Post by Slit08 »

Hey there guys. I need your help:
When I enter the secret or bonus world I cannot move to the first level. Boon cannot walk to the first star level. I don't know why. For your info, I'm playing version 1. 2, not the one raocow is playing. Is this a bug cause it would be a shame not to be able playing the bonus world.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Oh, hey! The Talkhaus is back up! It didn't seem to be working for me, and I talked to ProfessorDemetri, and apparently it wasn't just me. Anyways...
I paused the video today during the castle destruction cutscene, and this is where I paused it. I've never actually seen the 45° angled Boon sprite before. Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever even seen the Mario one either.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

raocow wrote:Oh? The second castle isn't 'great' but it's a nice little vanilla thing, structured in a way we don't often see..?
Aesthetically it's nice, but the design is dull. There is a reason you didn't die on it - because it's a straight vertical climb with not much going on.

On the other hand, I absolutely love the level that's going to be played tomorrow. It was one of my favorites during my run of the game.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Lovely set of levels today and very good playing on your part raocow. However I was extremely disappointed that when you came to the coins that spelled out VIP, you didn't yell the word out like in the old days. Let us never make the same mistake again or I will come after you.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Daarkbuu wrote:I was extremely disappointed that when you came to the coins that spelled out VIP, you didn't yell the word out like in the old days.
I was totally thinking the same thing. I want to hear the metal voice "VIP!!!" again.
Scirel

Post by Scirel »

I`m wondering why there have been no custom bosses in VIP5? I remember VIP4 had at least the final end bosses being custom ones, and here we just have the regular vanilla bosses without even having their areas being changed. Please refresh my doodle memory of VIP4's main world bosses were also the ones from the original game.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Scirel wrote:I`m wondering why there have been no custom bosses in VIP5? I remember VIP4 had at least the final end bosses being custom ones, and here we just have the regular vanilla bosses without even having their areas being changed. Please refresh my doodle memory of VIP4's main world bosses were also the ones from the original game.
Don't worry, you'll get to see some custom bosses. And at that some of the best custom bosses in SMW hacking out there.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

But to ACTUALLY answer your question, yeah most bosses where the original vanilla ones in Vip4
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
vgboy

Post by vgboy »

The "something" you need for the secret exit in the Ju-Sea is the Dragon Coins. If you don't have them all, there's a wall in front of the pipe. Once again, the text boxes don't consider how utterly confused people might be if they get there having already fulfilled whatever condition.
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

Daarkbuu wrote:However I was extremely disappointed that when you came to the coins that spelled out VIP, you didn't yell the word out like in the old days..
raocow missed his chance
To say "Chipmunk Time" again
OH MAN I'M SWIMMIN'
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

ultratowel112 wrote:
Ashanmaril wrote:I think you should try using your index finger. It works great for me, especially since you can do it whenever you want, but if you have like... enormous hands, it probably wouldn't be very comfortable.
I don't know if it would just be because of large hands. It would be uncomfortable for me (I do the same thing as rao) because it's not the way I've always done it. Also, with your index finger on A, what do you use for R?
Middle finger.
This is how my hands are when I'm playing SMW most of the time:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1822/img000083x.jpg
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Maaaaaaaaaaan I was trying to figure out which song from Seiken Densetsu 3 was being used for the forest map and I checked them all except "Powell" 'coz I was like "there's no way this song is called Powell" except then it was

So in case you were wondering what the song is it's Powell from SD3
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
McGack

Post by McGack »

Bit late for this but: Luigi reminds me a lot of times growing up fighting over controls even raocow's reactions :lol: , it was so cruel when he paused right before your death =/,
Dr Luigi not not appearing in this movie? did he go sit with Sir not appearing in this film? That boss was hilarious.

The castle level was awesome to look at but that thing you needed for that underwater key segment? what was that meant to be?
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

McGack wrote:Bit late for this but: Luigi reminds me a lot of times growing up fighting over controls even raocow's reactions :lol: , it was so cruel when he paused right before your death =/,
Dr Luigi not not appearing in this movie? did he go sit with Sir not appearing in this film? That boss was hilarious.

The castle level was awesome to look at but that thing you needed for that underwater key segment? what was that meant to be?
All 5 VIP coins.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Ashanmaril wrote:
ultratowel112 wrote:
Ashanmaril wrote:I think you should try using your index finger. It works great for me, especially since you can do it whenever you want, but if you have like... enormous hands, it probably wouldn't be very comfortable.
I don't know if it would just be because of large hands. It would be uncomfortable for me (I do the same thing as rao) because it's not the way I've always done it. Also, with your index finger on A, what do you use for R?
Middle finger.
This is how my hands are when I'm playing SMW most of the time:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1822/img000083x.jpg
I just use my thumb for all 4 buttons.
It works for me, at least with the controller I have. But it is indeed problematic with that pause gimmick.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Prepare for trouble
That crazy voice dude
LucarioPK

Post by LucarioPK »

I felt the second part of the Pokemon one was better done.
Hi!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I think this level was made by the guy who made the kirby level in the vip4. Super vanilla level that just so happens to change all the sprites for [game]
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zabz

Post by Zabz »

I liked that Pokémon level probably more than I should. Ah, good old nostalgia.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

I say, raocow remembers all his pokeymen. Clearly he didn't need our help in naming them, exhortations aside. Actually, I don't think I've even seen that mollusk one in the first place.

But single level as today's video was, though, it had a certain delightful ridiculous to it which made it stand well on its own. Apparently abusing small animals to beepy-deepy 8-bit music brings out the best in Raobert.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Coffin used Self Destruct!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I still find it weird that Marowak is your favorite Pokemon, because I recall in one video (I'm not sure which one it was, but it was a rom hack... well that just about narrows it down...), you said that you never really liked a lot of meats because bones grossed you out or something. So why is the one Pokemon whose "gimmick", if you will, is bones be your favorite Pokemon?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

raocow eats KFC every day I don't know what you're talking about
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

So far the hack has been pretty entertaining to watch.

And I'm not good at writing things other than whether I liked it.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Ashanmaril wrote:So why is the one Pokemon whose "gimmick", if you will, is bones be your favorite Pokemon?
Because they share a love of striking people over the head with blunt objects, which transcends all boundaries.