(shouting)

VIP and Wall and ALASKA MIX 5: It's not 99%

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Giygas60659

Re: VIP and Wall and ALASKA MIX 5: It's not 99%

Post by Giygas60659 »

Back on the subject of this topic, Vip5 is looking rather good, and the overworld is absolutely outstanding. The design, and music is simply all wonderful. :)
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Hm you have what 80 some lives at this point?

I'd imagine there's a frustrating p balloon level coming up to knock the count down by a bit. (This is a conjecture, not a spoiler)
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
Goomba98

raocow makes Cirno look smart!

Post by Goomba98 »

raocow is an idiot! Does anybody agree with me?
No signature ideas right now.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Unrelated to today's video, but if you own an xbox now, I would definitely recommend buying Limbo. It seems like a game that's right up your alley.
freelop

Post by freelop »

Daarkbuu wrote:Unrelated to today's video, but if you own an xbox now, I would definitely recommend buying Limbo. It seems like a game that's right up your alley.
Also remember that street fighter II is on the market place as well incase you don't like the modern fighters either.
McGack

Post by McGack »

I like most types of games, its just that way back when it seemed like companies actually seemed to care about what they were making
anyways on topic: I loved that switch maze gimmick, it looked way better than regular ones where you have a billion ! blocks being ! blocks, fancy lighting is raocow's new weakness it seems :P
Getting the secret looked like a neat challenge Fishing fish Phanto guy, well done despawning him there :D
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

I expect a "Lets Play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3" at the end of the year now.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

raocow wrote:Oh, I'm still VERY 'unimpressed' by modern gaming, but there's just not a whole lot of meat in pc fighting games.
XBL Arcade might be your new best friend, then. There are some really fun ones, Outland, The Dishwasher and Ikaruga come to mind.
raocow wrote: 4 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

LittleBigPlanet. No, wait, thats playstation. (And I don't even have one)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Mochtroidprime

Post by Mochtroidprime »

Sorry to go completely off topic here, but none of the links for downloads are working.
Giygas60659

Post by Giygas60659 »

Fapnoob wrote:I expect a "Lets Play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3" at the end of the year now.
raocow only LPs Rom hacks, and maybe Roms of Licensed games, (Kirby Dream Land 3) and he probably doesn't even own any capturing devices like a dazzle or a DVD recorder.
Blinx

Post by Blinx »

you're ignoring that mvc3 is a fighting game and it has like no story mode. good luck trying to let's play it
asdf
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Alex wrote:
Giygas60659 wrote:
Fapnoob wrote:I expect a "Lets Play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3" at the end of the year now.
raocow only LPs Rom hacks, and maybe Roms of Licensed games, (Kirby Dream Land 3) and he probably doesn't even own any capturing devices like a dazzle or a DVD recorder.
Yeah, fuck Commander Keen, Super Marisa World, MariAri, Luigi's World, Mario Forever, AUS, Blob's Adventure 2, Runman, Nezumi Man, VVVVVV, Bunny Must Die, Spelunky, The Invasion 2, The Great Empire, CRAZ'D, MegaMan ROCKS!, everything in both Random Weeks, and all of the One More Level and Newgrounds Roulette videos.
I agree, they were all shit
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Giygas60659

Post by Giygas60659 »

Alex wrote:
Giygas60659 wrote:
Yeah, fuck Commander Keen, Super Marisa World, MariAri, Luigi's World, Mario Forever, AUS, Blob's Adventure 2, Runman, Nezumi Man, VVVVVV, Bunny Must Die, Spelunky, The Invasion 2, The Great Empire, CRAZ'D, MegaMan ROCKS!, everything in both Random Weeks, and all of the One More Level and Newgrounds Roulette videos.
-.- Nvm lol
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Sebby19 wrote:LittleBigPlanet. No, wait, thats playstation. (And I don't even have one)
You see how frustrated rao gets when he plays a level that messes with his physics and momentum, and yet you want him to play a game where the only good original content is just ripped off from other games and the physics are irreparably broken?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Offtopic:
I liked that red ghost house because it was very ghost housey.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

limepie20 wrote:Offtopic:
I liked that red ghost house because it was very ghost housey.
What are you doing!? Talking about Vip5 in the Vip5 thread? Why aren't you talking about raocow's Xbox?! Jeez. Stay on topic, man.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

A Mass Effect Lp would be nice *cough* *cough* :idea:
That crazy voice dude
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Why were you so confused when they made you skip the midpoint to get the third dragon coin? Don't you usually skip the midpoint when going for dragon coins anyway?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Ashanmaril wrote:Why were you so confused when they made you skip the midpoint to get the third dragon coin? Don't you usually skip the midpoint when going for dragon coins anyway?
It had never really been mandatory until then. At least, I don't think it had been.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

No. It was never mandatory until this level, but it's just that if raocow skips the midpoints on the dragon coin runs, then the whole "midpoint or dragon coin" option shouldn't really be that significant.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I agree, it seems crazy to try to collect everything first go. It's contrary to the spirit of having collectibles.
dont wanna jihad no more
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

morsel/morceau wrote:I agree, it seems crazy to try to collect everything first go. It's contrary to the spirit of having collectibles.
Wasn't that the way most of the Yoshi's Island videos went?

(talking about that, are there any more good Yoshi's Island Romhacks?)
freelop

Post by freelop »

honestly the "midpoint or dragon coin" thing seems to be a good thing to me, if you are playing with no tools and want all dragon coins then you go for the coin and ignore the midpoint, if you want the coins but use tools then it doesn't matter and if you don't want the coins with/without tools then it also doesn't matter.

In my eyes it caters to the people who want to do a no tool coin run like raocow which is nice since it is extra effort that shows the developers care about their players. Imagine how the video might have gone with an automatic "zweeee" after a screen transition half way through the level.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Test Pilot Monkey wrote:(talking about that, are there any more good Yoshi's Island Romhacks?)
Mine and Golden Yoshi's two were the only three completed for years and years, but another one is actually almost done (and to be honest, it's looking like the best one to date). Apparently the author has went all-out with including a bunch of hex edits and ASM trickery to mix up some sprites, so it might be worth checking out when it's fully completed.

In VIP5 related news, the train level is still one of my favorites in this hack, followed closely by Bullet Hill and that one Pokemon level earlier on. The rest of world 5 didn't really do it for me, especially the level that raocow played today. I'm quite looking forward to seeing the castle though...