(shouting)

SDM2: There may or may not be touhou involved

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

SDM2: There may or may not be touhou involved

Post by Daarkbuu »

Is that so...
limepie20

Re: SDM2: There may or may not be touhou involved

Post by limepie20 »

Well I am kinda excited for this. It will certainly be refreshing (even though its still Mario). But I did like the first game and all.
Burgers

Post by Burgers »

I still don't gets why Touhou and the Marios are so interconnected when it comes to rom hacks.

However now I know a bit more about the Toehoes than I did when raocow played SDM1, but just a little tiny insigificant bit, so maybe I'll enjoy watching this playthrough more? Don't know.

Hoping for some great commentary; due to SMCPs difficult and bad level design there wasn't as much amazing segue raocow as usual. =p
anomaly

Post by anomaly »

IDK people said they didn't like it as much as they wanted to.

I hope there are more game references, because that's what instantly made me enjoy it in the first couple videos of the first one. It was also funny and creative, just overhashing it in Lunatic.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I've heard this is a pretty lame hack, but I'll keep my spirits high for a while. Hopefully it's better than the first at least.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Not really excited for more Touhou, but meh.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

I'm looking forward to it. I like the cast and music and all, but I can't stand bullet hell games, so I need to get my fix elsewhere. This keeps me away from downloading MegaMari a bit longer.
When in doubt, call it a thing. That's how raocow does it. And it works for me.
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

I hope it's better than the first one, because the first one was great to watch.
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Nice to see another Touhou/Mario mix, though, the first SDM wasn't that good in my opinion. The first world seemed very promising, though, as the game progressed, it seemed like there was less and less to do with Touhou. Eventually it was down to only the diffuculty. The mansion it's self and it's characters never even appear in the game. Hopefully this one will be better than the first.
Ranylyn wrote:I'm looking forward to it. I like the cast and music and all, but I can't stand bullet hell games, so I need to get my fix elsewhere.
I'm pretty bad at Danmaku so I feel the same way.
Yoshi Ambassador!
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

This hack was a lot of fun and should be good to watch. It's more eclectic than weird, imo. It should also be a walk in the park difficulty-wise after smwcp, which is the only thing I regret.
dont wanna jihad no more
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Jeez, Yoshis sure do stage crappy uprisings. Incidentally, raocow's Yoshi voice was always my favorite; I hope it makes a triumphant return later in the series, should this indeed be a running subplot.

In other news, it's nice to see the good doctor hasn't lost his fondness for eye-searing magenta tones.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

This hack/lp is awesome so far.
It's super nice to get something like this after smwcp. this is where it's at!

also, gotta love that overworld music.
Yikes

Post by Yikes »

Hey raocow, could you please upload your translation text file? I remember getting the text file for the first game here too. :mrgreen:

Also: Hooray for redundant boss battles! And lots of 'em!
Gesundheit!
Karatekid5
Welcome to the resort!

Post by Karatekid5 »

Well, I just watched the video. The first submap was okay, but it could use some more decoration, and a darker tone on the magentas. The levels themselves seemed a bit better (though, 1-1 remakes are very cliche', and what's a sky level doing on a grass OW, let alone in front of the SDM) but only the submap and the intro were Touhou-related. Though, it was nice to see the Charlie-horses again, and they kinda make me think of ASMT.
Also, good to see something nice, easy, and relaxing after finishing An SMWCP, and let's hope the difficulty gimmick works out better for this hack than it did for the first.
Yoshi Ambassador!
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

I'm looking forward to 10 minutes of China!
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Hadron

Post by Hadron »

This will be probably another series I'll watch entirely (after Vanilla 2010 and SMWCP this will be the 3rd). I'm pretty interested how it'll turn out, although I've only seen a little bit from the prequel. Even if it's not such a professional hack like SMWCP was, it looks fun so far.

ps: we want key boss
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I love collecting dragon co- I mean district of columbias
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

This should end up pretty entertaining if we get all the rest of the SDM cast in it :D
anomaly

Post by anomaly »

What was with the beginning
Last edited by anomaly 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kadj

Post by Kadj »

I never saw the first LP or played the first game, but I'm happy just to be away from SMWC. Looks like we're starting off on a happier note for this one, so I guess I can start watching raocow again!
OverlordSean

Post by OverlordSean »

Psst. raocow. There's a secret to beating Meiling.

Say her full name properly. It's a one hit KO.

*shot for propagating such an outdated meme, especially since I'm not even sure if she's a boss or not yet*
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

anomaly wrote:What was with the beginning
one could say

it was an anomaly

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Simon
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

OverlordSean wrote:Psst. raocow. There's a secret to beating Meiling.

Say her full name properly. It's a one hit KO.

*shot for propagating such an outdated meme, especially since I'm not even sure if she's a boss or not yet*
Spoiler: She is!

Except, raocow has already recorded tomorrow's video so it doesn't matter.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy most of the hack's in-jokes now since I didn't know anything about Touhou when raocow LPd Scarlet Devil Mario back in 2009. It looks pretty fun so far, albeit lacking some... well, Touhou? Might just be the early stages though.
Cup

Post by Cup »

This hack was generally great fun. The levels were just flat out fun to play and there's no repetition this time.

Also,
every single character from Touhou 6 gets represented this time.
The only thing I didn't like was the length of the boss fights, which has been mentioned a few times before, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. And the asm can still be pretty clever at times.

Here's the translation raocow is using, if people are interested. There are obviously going to be spoilers in that, but it's there for people who want it.

*edit Finished the translation.
Last edited by Cup 13 years ago, edited 2 times in total.